Forums » Community Sites

Backend Data Feeds/Web API

• 88 posts
    June 15, 2016 1:24 PM PDT

Hey There,

Are there any plans or any conversations taking place concerning pulling in-game data via some web services? I know people ask about an "Armory", but we all know how dev-intensive putting something like that together is. I ask this as I do plan on running a raid progression tracker site (http://www.topofrift.com) and would be nice if consideration for back-end webcrawling was in planning so capturing data can be alot more....."friendly".

Thanks!

• 1468 posts
    June 15, 2016 3:09 PM PDT

Raive said:

Hey There,

Are there any plans or any conversations taking place concerning pulling in-game data via some web services? I know people ask about an "Armory", but we all know how dev-intensive putting something like that together is. I ask this as I do plan on running a raid progression tracker site (http://www.topofrift.com) and would be nice if consideration for back-end webcrawling was in planning so capturing data can be alot more....."friendly".

Thanks!

It is certainly something I have considered but it would require close co-operation with the games developers because I'm pretty sure the terms of service of Pantheon will state that you can't data mine from the connection. Either way it is something I'm interested in. Perhaps we could discuss it and maybe work on a collaboration site together? I have over 5 years of programming experience in numerous programming languages and this sounds like something I could handle.

• 201 posts
    July 8, 2016 8:12 AM PDT

I'm on the same page,  I had plans for a huge api friendly site such as raid stats and databases for items.  But without pulling it straight from the client, it might be hard to do unless we see a API.  I agree it's 10x easier , right now I have to scrape all the data for the game Overwatch, not fun at all playing with all the xpaths.

• 31 posts
    August 7, 2016 1:49 PM PDT

Rivacom said:

I'm on the same page,  I had plans for a huge api friendly site such as raid stats and databases for items.  But without pulling it straight from the client, it might be hard to do unless we see a API.  I agree it's 10x easier , right now I have to scrape all the data for the game Overwatch, not fun at all playing with all the xpaths.

I am building a guild tracking system so I am also watching this thread and I cant wait to see what the Devs are thinking.

• 149 posts
    August 8, 2016 8:47 AM PDT

Im hoping for a raid progression type system as well though unless Pantheon has an achievements system that might be hard :)

• 86 posts
    September 1, 2016 10:22 AM PDT

The only thing of this type I feel is needed is for character information. Like the old EQplayers site.