Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Preacher

• 1778 posts
    June 9, 2016 9:56 AM PDT
    Anybody watching this. I read the comic series years ago and loved it. Ive watched the first 2 episodes and while I can tell it isnt going to follow the comics exactly. It was pretty neat. Loved the teaser for the Saint of all Killers too. This could be the first TV series Ive payed attention too senss Walking Dead and Game of Thrones. Before that it was......... dont remember......
    • 578 posts
    June 9, 2016 11:07 AM PDT

Yeah, I've read some of the comics but didn't want to read too far. I think for most part you're either gonna love it or hate it and so far I'm loving it. Cassidy is a trip!

• 1778 posts
    June 9, 2016 11:28 AM PDT
    Love Cassidy too. Im not sure if you should read too far either. The show directors/producers said it would draw from comic but not explicitly follow and they might rearange events to fit better. If you want to fully be versed in its lore read the comic (and all side stories). If you want to be suprised Id wait and see what the TV series brings. I will say however that I doubt (even on AMC) that the TV version will ever be as dark as the comic though :D
    • 384 posts
    June 10, 2016 6:26 AM PDT

This is definitely high on our list of shows to be watched. I had a friend who Loved the comics and told me about them all the time but I never read it myself. Glad to hear y'all like it so far! Another series to look forward to!

• 563 posts
    June 10, 2016 10:04 AM PDT

Just watched the first episode and I have to say thank you for mentioning it, I had no idea that it even existed. Loving it so far! :D

• 1778 posts
    June 11, 2016 10:21 AM PDT

Yea. I can tell this will end up being my go to shot. All though I will admit that wont be hard. I dont watch much TV these days. Im mostly playing games if Im at home. Or I watch old movies. Or I listen to the radio. Anyone else like listening to old radio dramas?

• 264 posts
    June 11, 2016 11:45 AM PDT

Amsai said:

Yea. I can tell this will end up being my go to shot. All though I will admit that wont be hard. I dont watch much TV these days. Im mostly playing games if Im at home. Or I watch old movies. Or I listen to the radio. Anyone else like listening to old radio dramas?

I like the old radio show Mark Trail. I just discovered that and some other stuff after a small radio station nearby started playing them. Shows from a different world it seems.

• 578 posts
    June 11, 2016 9:14 PM PDT

One thing about Precher and the comics is that the comics are definitely 'cult' status. And I feel like you will either love them or hate them. And the show definitely captures the comic's vibe.

I've NEVER even heard of radio dramas. Wth are they?? lol

• 1778 posts
    June 12, 2016 12:36 PM PDT

Well back before TV when most people just listened to the radio, it was less about music. It was more likely to be news, local events, variety shows, and radio dramas in the 30s, 40s, and 50s. Radio dramas could be any number of genres. My personal favorites are the old gangster/detective series, though there are many different types. And for the past couple of years or so different companies have been bringing them back (complete with old timey commercials) for folks to listen too. You can find them on the internet, and I think one of the satelite radios (like XM an such) have them. Now just to be clear Im not nearly old enough to have remembered this stuff I just sort of checked it out one day and it was just really neat. Then again my brother hates old stuff and cant understand why I want to listen to old time radio or watch black and white movies. Different strokes!

• 384 posts
    June 14, 2016 8:11 AM PDT

It's funny you mentioned that Amsai. I couple weeks ago I listened to an original broadcast of A Brave New World. You can find it for free on Spotify if you are interested. It's pretty good, especially if you like that sort of thing. :)

• 1778 posts
    June 14, 2016 9:45 AM PDT

That sounds cool. I might need to check that out.

• 578 posts
    June 14, 2016 9:37 PM PDT

Huh, I might have to look into that. I'm big into reading and have been thinking about getting an audio book or two. I know a lot of people that like them and there are times I could be listenging to one while doing other things. These radio dramas sort of sound similar to audio books.