Forums » Expansion Classes

Handling Expansion Class Lag?

• 36 posts
    May 23, 2016 9:44 PM PDT

Will Pantheon address the gap created by Day-1 characters compared any classes that launch later, and if so, how?

Bottom line, I think expansion classes will see more play, and by extension more sales, if we can somehow do so without "losing our main".  There's always some pristine, first year goodness that your biggest fans - those of us who are following the game from years ahead - will enjoy.  How would a player like us be able to enjoy a new class after launch that takes all that away, and seperates us from our guilds and friends ?

• 93 posts
    May 30, 2016 11:13 AM PDT

So what you're saying is hopefully new classes don't take over old classes roles? If so, I agree, every classes should be a crucial part of the game and bare little to no similarities.

This post was edited by Makinelly at May 30, 2016 11:14 AM PDT
    • 1270 posts
    May 31, 2016 9:42 AM PDT

candarie said:

Will Pantheon address the gap created by Day-1 characters compared any classes that launch later, and if so, how?

Bottom line, I think expansion classes will see more play, and by extension more sales, if we can somehow do so without "losing our main".  There's always some pristine, first year goodness that your biggest fans - those of us who are following the game from years ahead - will enjoy.  How would a player like us be able to enjoy a new class after launch that takes all that away, and seperates us from our guilds and friends ?

Why would adding classes "seperate...us from our guild and friends"?  Surely your new character can still talk to your guild mates and they will have alts you could play with right?

Also, if the progeny system is implemented it will be very common for people to start anew.  Starting over could end up being the norm even when there are no new expansion classes added.

This post was edited by philo at May 31, 2016 9:43 AM PDT
    • 5 posts
    January 29, 2019 9:48 AM PST

candarie said:

No reason expansion classes have to be entirely new classes;  better methods might exist.  Perhaps only add subclasses;  or if the desire is to have a completely new class then perhaps there could be a system that allows class transformation; cash in character's class for some number of levels in the new class.  That way the lag would be reduced (or eliminated even if 1:1 allowed);  I'd prefer this to be a one way trip with maybe a 30 day time for respec to original class.

This post was edited by Rock at January 29, 2019 9:49 AM PST
    • 1597 posts
    January 29, 2019 12:11 PM PST

Gap ? The meaning of the game is to be played, not to rush like hell to max level. If you do so, or think so, it will probably end by making you bored quite fast.

• 44 posts
    January 29, 2019 12:58 PM PST

I am usually not a fan of expansion classes. For pantheon I would rather wait a little bit longer and make sure Bard and Necro make it in then add them during expansions. My problem with expansion classes is they usually are OP. The developers pour so much personalized time into them they are just awesome.  From the lore and feel to the actually game play. Hopefully when VR adds them it will be to bring flavour and balance to them game rather then make something really cool and OP. 

It will also be interesting to see how they handle the Progeny system in regards to expansion classes.