Forums » News and Announcements

Welcoming Five New Team Members!

• 9115 posts
    May 5, 2016 4:10 AM PDT

Dear Pantheon Community,

Please join me in welcoming five new members to the Visionary Realms team!

Som Pourfarzaneh joins the team as our Social Media Manager to work alongside Ben Walters our Community Manager to even further strengthen our CM team! Som brings many years of Social Media and Community Management experience to the team and has worked for some well know companies such as EA, Som is also an avid gamer and has even published his own novel.

Lynn Ashworth joins the team as a Producer to help facilitate and manage project planning. Lynn has worked in Canada, Asia, and Europe, mostly in the field of technology as a data analyst or as a project manager, and she fell into project management/producing through her love of data until she realized that leading project teams was much more rewarding.

Brendan Rogers joins the team as a Senior Level Designer, Brendan has worked in the games industry for over 10 years working on titles such as the Totalwar Series - Totalwar Medieval 2 - Totalwar Kingdoms among many others and Brendan is also an avid gamer and is excited to use his skills and experience to help further enhance Pantheon.

Sean Smith joins the team as a Senior Technical/Systems Programmer. Sean is highly experienced tech programmer and has worked on multiple AAA titles for EA, Activision, Sega and many others over the last 18 years. Sean is fluent in C / C++, C#, and almost every assembler known to man and has coded technical systems for almost every modern platform (PC, mobile, handheld, console).

Jordan Leithart joins the team as a Gameplay/Systems Programmer. Jordan is a passionate MMO player. He worked for two years on WildStar on tools, AI, and the combat system, and now it’s time to bring that passion to Visionary Realms working on Pantheon! Jordan brings years of experience analyzing MMOs as a player. He believes that games shouldn’t just be distractions from real life, but also vibrant worlds that we can experience.

Welcome to the team, Som, Lynn, Brendan, Sean and Jordan! We’re thrilled to have you join us as we push ever further into bringing our shared dream to life.

• 366 posts
    May 5, 2016 4:23 AM PDT

Welcome to each of you! We are thrilled to have you on board and thank you for all the work you will be putting into our new home! May I ask if any of you have a forum account/name that we would know you by here?

• 163 posts
    May 5, 2016 4:34 AM PDT

Very cool. Welcome to town! Nice to hear. Glad the startup has transformed into what it's becomming!

• 643 posts
    May 5, 2016 5:06 AM PDT

Wow!  Impressive backgrounds, all.  Super exciting to see the expansion of talent and what this bodes for Protf.  I've already packed bag bags for Terminus.

• 563 posts
    May 5, 2016 5:24 AM PDT

Welcome to the VR team, great to see the team is growing with more talented people :)

• 263 posts
    May 5, 2016 5:39 AM PDT

We welcome you to the Family!

• 104 posts
    May 5, 2016 5:59 AM PDT

Awesome!!! You guys are really kicking into high-gear! Hurry up and make us some content to test please!

• 63 posts
    May 5, 2016 6:04 AM PDT

Welcome! Excited the team is growing!

This post was edited by Zahlhedren at May 5, 2016 5:16 PM PDT
    • 668 posts
    May 5, 2016 7:09 AM PDT

Welcome to VR...  Good news to see the team expanding.  Makes me think progress will be picking up even more!!

• 14 posts
    May 5, 2016 7:26 AM PDT

Welcome to the show.

• 133 posts
    May 5, 2016 7:57 AM PDT
    Really cool! And yes, impressive backgrounds. Welcome!
    • 38 posts
    May 5, 2016 8:10 AM PDT

Hey, welcome!

Thrilled to see some big guns joining the team, this bodes very well for the future development of Pantheon :)

This post was edited by Coldlight at May 5, 2016 8:10 AM PDT
    • 71 posts
    May 5, 2016 9:26 AM PDT

Welcome!

Glad to see this. New, additional faces shows the community that this project is moving forward.

• 613 posts
    May 5, 2016 9:33 AM PDT

Awsome!  Nice to see this going on!  Welcome to you all.

Ox

• 271 posts
    May 5, 2016 9:44 AM PDT

Now that's news alright! Good signs, future and budget-wise. Well done VR!

On a personal level, i do have to note the irony however. I once criticised Som Pourfarzaneh for literally hyping, consciously at that, trash mainstream games. Considering the site he did it from, no, he was not an exception, but even so; and he did it well. Irony because (sadly but inevitably) that very skill will now be put to use for helping Pantheon which i wish the best for... Life is a twisted, amusing maze of events ^^

A warm welcome to you all :)

This post was edited by Aenra at May 5, 2016 9:45 AM PDT
    • 35 posts
    May 5, 2016 10:14 AM PDT

Welcome to all! Glad the team is expanding and getting more steam! 

And Sean, definitely glad to see another C++ cohort onboard, even if you'll be forced into C# by Unity :) 

double dp[] = {1.2,2.3,3.4}

cout << std::accummulate(dp,dp+3,0) = ?  :) 

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    May 5, 2016 10:26 AM PDT

Woot!

• 384 posts
    May 5, 2016 10:46 AM PDT

GREAT NEWS! Love seeing the team grow! Welcome!

• 781 posts
    May 5, 2016 10:47 AM PDT

Welcome new peeps :)

• 65 posts
    May 5, 2016 1:08 PM PDT

Great news!  The ability to grow the team is definitely a good sign!

• 66 posts
    May 5, 2016 1:08 PM PDT

Very nice additions. Welcome to the team!

• 220 posts
    May 5, 2016 1:21 PM PDT

Glad to see you all on board! Hope you brought the THUNDA!

• 48 posts
    May 5, 2016 1:23 PM PDT

Super happy to hear about all of the new talent coming to the team. I am particularly excited for Jordan Leithart as I was a huge fan of how the combat in wildstar played out and a lot of their UI options and how it was presented. Even tough the game didnt do as well as the had hoped the areas he contrubited to and hopefully learned from are their sucsesses in the game. Great to see someone who can expand upon the traditional style of mmo combat hopefully with some modern ideads that blend together making some really solid and not boring gameplay.

• 200 posts
    May 5, 2016 2:00 PM PDT

Welcome! :)

Greetings

• 429 posts
    May 5, 2016 2:02 PM PDT

Welcome All :)