Forums » General Support

Status + New Forums

• 500 posts
    May 1, 2016 5:37 AM PDT

Several months have gone by and since we have switched over to these "new and improved" forums all those purple names who have contributed 1k or more no longer have their purple status. I feel for those people. Will people ever get their status back? I know the most important thing is getting the game made, but until that happens for all of us all we have is this forum plus whatever footage you release. Is it possible for a general ETA for when the new forums will be up? If it is taking longer than anticipated because this time around you want to make sure it is ready for prime time before release than I applaud you for that, but a general ETA would be nice. I am not griping, I LOVE you guys and you are making the game of my dreams which will be my "new home" after being "homeless" for so long now. Also, if the answer for this has already been posted than I apologize, but I have been unable to find it. Thanks much! 

• 678 posts
    May 1, 2016 8:08 AM PDT

Yeah bro.. you had some 4k "likes" before the nixed the forums. And a lot of good threads disappeared. I really do not know why they removed people's pledge status/color or even join date.

But I suspect the "new forums" will have all that turned back on, etc. 

This post was edited by Hieromonk at May 1, 2016 8:09 AM PDT
    • 917 posts
    May 1, 2016 8:38 AM PDT

Gah I got all excited that this was a thread by Kilsin announcing the date of release of the new forum. Back to waiting I guess then :).

• 500 posts
    May 1, 2016 10:03 AM PDT

Cromulent said:

Gah I got all excited that this was a thread by Kilsin announcing the date of release of the new forum. Back to waiting I guess then :).

LOL sorry bro :( 

• 5680 posts
    May 1, 2016 5:54 PM PDT

Jason said:

Several months have gone by and since we have switched over to these "new and improved" forums all those purple names who have contributed 1k or more no longer have their purple status. I feel for those people. Will people ever get their status back? I know the most important thing is getting the game made, but until that happens for all of us all we have is this forum plus whatever footage you release. Is it possible for a general ETA for when the new forums will be up? If it is taking longer than anticipated because this time around you want to make sure it is ready for prime time before release than I applaud you for that, but a general ETA would be nice. I am not griping, I LOVE you guys and you are making the game of my dreams which will be my "new home" after being "homeless" for so long now. Also, if the answer for this has already been posted than I apologize, but I have been unable to find it. Thanks much! 

No ETA yet Jason, we are working hard on the game and other areas of development while we wait for what we need to move to the new forums, if we are unable to get what we need then we will need to find another forum solution, so in the meantime, we will be using these forums until we are ready and I will announce any new information or progress in this area as soon as it is time.

This information has been posted several times mate, more recently in the support and off topic sections https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2923/new-forums, which is where I have moved this thread (general support) as it does not belong in "New and Announcements" as that is designated for VR staff to post official content.

• 500 posts
    May 1, 2016 7:20 PM PDT

I guess that's why I didn't see them, didn't seem like an Off Topic thing, seemed like something one would expect in news and announcements. In any case, I thank you for your reply and for the information. Cheers .

• 49 posts
    March 17, 2017 1:47 PM PDT

Is there anything news coming our way on this topic. I'm not trying to be negative or ask for something that we shouldn't know the answer too, but look at the date on the op..

• 5680 posts
    March 17, 2017 6:04 PM PDT

Bardee said:

Is there anything news coming our way on this topic. I'm not trying to be negative or ask for something that we shouldn't know the answer too, but look at the date on the op..

Lots of things have happened since the original date, we have now moved from vBulletin to IPBoard and are close to finalising the new forums, we will announce when it is ready, but please continue to be patient there is nothing we can do to speed this up.

• 704 posts
    March 19, 2017 2:58 PM PDT

IPBoard is awesome!  I am using the same platform for my guild and I can tell you that there are a ton of really cool features built into it.  Very happy to see that we'll be getting the best of the best  --  it will be worth the wait!