Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

First person view - my thoughts exactly...

• 2419 posts
    November 16, 2017 8:28 PM PST

I switch between 1st and 3rd depending upon what I'm doing.  Mostly I just like 1st because I like being in the world.  As a Shaman, I do not always need to face whatever monster we're fighting so even in 1st person I am constantly looking around.

• 37 posts
    March 11, 2018 1:39 AM PST

Hello,

will Pantheon will have a first person view with visible body and dynamic shadows ? that would be so great ! when playing a mmorpg i'm looking for maximum immersion and this feature would add to immersion greatly !

i really loved first person view with visible body (and shadows) on vanguard saga of heroes, so i have hope Pantheon will have that feature as well !

please make it happens VR ! :D

• 3016 posts
    March 13, 2018 3:24 PM PDT

First or third is easily done with your mouse wheel..play as you wish,  Everquest had this ability...forward on your mouse wheel for first person view,  back again on your mouse wheel..for third person. :)  I don't imagine it will be any different in Pantheon. :)  I use first person for crafting and for dungeons that don't accomodate third person camera very well. Other than that I am in third.

Cana

• 1281 posts
    March 24, 2018 8:07 AM PDT

Wandidar said:

Kalok said:

Wandidar said:

If first person weren't so disadvantaged in a game where third person is provided, I would definitly play first person.  The whole point of first person is to see the game through your eyes and, in some way experience things as you would if you were there.  Don't see that monster coming up behind you?  Well, you wouldn't if you were there.  That sort of thing.

BUT - third person is a reality... and a ton of people prefer it over first person... which means that if I'm doing anything in game with other people, I had better be third person, because if I'm not, I'm disadvantaging myself within the group and perhaps causing issues for the group.

I will likely play first person at times when I'm not grouped with other people - because I do find that "through your eyes" thing to be more immersive.

I have never felt "disadvantaged", or been called out in a group for "disadvantaging" them because I was in first-person mode.  Personally, I find third person to be "too busy" and it's a pain in the neck to concentrate on what I am doing.  I also find movement awkward in third person mode.

It's likely a "your mileage may vary" thing.  Different people view things differently and all that.

I completely agree.  Which is shy I am glad that they are putting both first and third person in.  I don'tr wantr to force someone into my playing style any more than I would want them to force me into theirs.

I know that third-person vbiew has a perfectly legitimate use.  It's just not my play style.

Here is why firsat-person is more "immersive" to me, and probably most everyone else that adopts that play style.  In my day-to-day life I don't walk around being able to see myself from an ariel view of myself and my surroundings.  I view the world in a vision limited "panel" if you will, with a maximum of approximately 270 degrees, unless I turn my head of course.  To make up for the lack of a field of vision, I use my other senses...  Touch, smell, sound, etc.  While some of those are unavailable to me in the game, I have a good surround sound speaker setup, so I believe that I will do just fine.