Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

All-Time Favourite mount?

• 318 posts
    May 10, 2017 5:55 AM PDT

My favorite mounts were the ones in Age of Conan, for mainly this reason...

https://youtu.be/s-rl3RPC_Mw

This post was edited by Wellspring at May 10, 2017 5:59 AM PDT
    • 1778 posts
    May 10, 2017 9:35 AM PDT
    Feet
    • 77 posts
    May 16, 2017 12:37 AM PDT

Netherwing Drake WoW TBC

Image result for netherwing drake

• 134 posts
    May 16, 2017 12:38 PM PDT

Best mount ever?

THIS ONE > https://ffxiv.consolegameswiki.com/wiki/Bomb_Palanquin

You sit on a bench, carried by your servants while everyone else who isn't worthy is beneath your passive gaze and uncaring demeanor.

• 41 posts
    May 17, 2017 3:21 PM PDT

Epic speed Druid travel form in WoW.  I am the best mount!

• 40 posts
    May 17, 2017 3:35 PM PDT

Really enjoyed the look of the Celestial Griffin in Vanguard.  Don't remember the exact name (Ghostly, Spiritual, Celestial)?

• 137 posts
    May 17, 2017 4:04 PM PDT
    Amani War Bear & Mimiron's Head
    • 160 posts
    May 17, 2017 11:43 PM PDT

I'm hoping I can talk the devs into letting me get one of Xerxes's mobile thrones.  I'm really digging the "step on my servants when I want to get on or off" thing...

• 110 posts
    May 18, 2017 7:57 AM PDT

Dragons.  Anything that was a dragon or in the dragon class of flying mounts.  Griffons as well.

As to they why for me it is the immersion of dragons and such.  It just adds that special element of neat to my gaming experience.

This post was edited by Evorus at May 18, 2017 7:58 AM PDT
    • 56 posts
    May 19, 2017 7:47 PM PDT

White horse. Used to ride horses lots during the weekend back in the day.  Love love horses! 

• 189 posts
    May 19, 2017 7:59 PM PDT
    @Kalgore hahaha the carpet in EQ2 was great!! I only ever had the entry level mount in any game I played, enough so I could med and still cast without sit/stand. I recall a paladin only steed in EQ POP era which was nice..
    • 690 posts
    May 21, 2017 4:33 PM PDT

In WoW, my druid's bird form...not really a mount but it did the same thing (gave flight) only without a cast time. It was really fun jumping into the air and timing my bird transform to the top of the jump and flying off. 

• 1618 posts
    May 21, 2017 4:45 PM PDT

EQ2 Meatbeast. Hands down.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=QZr2-a8n-UU

This post was edited by Beefcake at May 21, 2017 4:45 PM PDT
    • 510 posts
    May 21, 2017 6:18 PM PDT

Nephretiti said:

That peacock colored griffon from EQ2..

The Iridescent Swiftwing

http://eq2.zam.com/Im/image/211288

• 279 posts
    May 21, 2017 7:29 PM PDT

EQ1 Unicorn Mount

Because Female Halflings on Unicorns (with princess leia buns for hairstyle) pretty much own the world.  

• 510 posts
    May 21, 2017 10:38 PM PDT

Sunmistress said:

EQ1 Unicorn Mount

Because COOKED Female Halflings on Unicorns (with princess leia buns for hairstyle) pretty much own FEED the DREADLORD world.  

There.  Fixed it for you.

• 332 posts
    May 22, 2017 1:39 PM PDT

The spectral horse from rift was epic , also in eq2 there was a giant squirl that was awesome! 

• 110 posts
    May 31, 2017 7:08 AM PDT

I know I'm a bit late on this one (yeah, I forgot to reply), but I wanted to make sure I got my two cents in on this topic. As far as *earning* a mount, I would say the EQ1 paladin white steed-turned-unicorn I earned through AAs was the most memorable. Next to an undead-crushing weapon, I thought having a proper steed was the ultimate paladin achievement.

As far as sheer visual effect, I would have to say that Riders of Icarus had the most amazing mounts in a game I've ever seen. Granted, Rider's whole raison d'etre is to collect mounts, so they put all their focus on mounts to great effect. Whether it was the low-level Woodland Joey (I rode a kangaroo!!!!) to stunningly beautiful flying dragons, you felt like they got evrything right about the way you would look, feel and move on whatever kind of mount you used. I could never expect any game to come close to this since mounts are not the main focus of most games.

• 80 posts
    May 31, 2017 8:40 AM PDT

Anything with Fire and shadow as a theme I am good with the more wolf like the better. But as a Summoner I can just summon my own mount anyway. Right? I can cant I? Kilsin?

;)

• 99 posts
    June 1, 2017 12:09 PM PDT
    Lol Chochobos, I dont know how many hours i wasted breading black Chochobos, and racing them omg good memories. I have always had a thing for the teir 2 pally set judgment from wow. Sooo my favorite mount would be the Flames of Judgment from HOTS.
    • 190 posts
    June 1, 2017 1:45 PM PDT

EQ2 Nightmares, in all colors.  With their glowing eyes, flaming nostrals, fire tracking hooves and color-tinged hair.  With or without wings, thir fire came in orange, blue, purple and teal/green.  My dark elves loved their nightmares.

• 521 posts
    June 2, 2017 6:13 AM PDT

War Mammonth

• 1 posts
    June 2, 2017 4:33 PM PDT

My favorite mount was definitely the one below from EQ2...Spirit Steed, if I remember right?  Something about that ghostly/ethereal look, it just went perfectly with my character (DE Paladin).  I had plenty of chances to upgrade later, but refused to just because I loved the mount too much. :)

This post was edited by RavenSolseer at June 2, 2017 4:34 PM PDT
    • 42 posts
    June 2, 2017 7:24 PM PDT

As a Shadowknight main I enjoyed the Abyssal Steed!

• 168 posts
    June 3, 2017 3:27 PM PDT

my all-time favorite mount is Selo`s Song of Travel