Forums » Pantheon Classes

Got Tanks?

• 176 posts
    April 5, 2016 4:25 PM PDT

Who is planning on playing the tank role in Pantheon as their main?

I plan on playing the Warrior, what classes are other tanks planning on playing?

• 18 posts
    April 5, 2016 6:10 PM PDT

I will be maining a tank as usual.  I typically always tank on a warrior as well, but I will be checking out each of them before making the final choice.  Probably warrior though lol

• 5 posts
    April 6, 2016 3:16 AM PDT

Without doubt, I'll be tanking.  Unto the class, I don't yet know.  I played prot warrior in WoW from launch to 2009 and so I lean warrior come Pantheon however I'm open to the other two classes depending upon what they offer.

• 769 posts
    April 6, 2016 6:51 AM PDT

Tank, all day erry day.

It's a tough choice. I played a warrior on Vanguard and loved it. However, I played a warden (avoidance mitigation, medium armor, self HoT tank) in Lotro.

I enjoy being a tank with added utility. Not only someone that can take a hit, but someone that can save the day when the crap hits the fan. In that vein, I'm thinking Crusader depending on how they play out.

Excited to find out!

-Tralyan

• 208 posts
    April 21, 2016 9:11 PM PDT

I will probably be an Ogre Warrior when the game is released but I will stay away from those two choices till then.  I will probably play Crusader/Shaman/Enchanter/Rogue during Beta/Alpha if I get in...

• 85 posts
    April 22, 2016 1:12 AM PDT

I won't be tanking, but I want you all to know I'll be healing and appreciating you.  Thanks for doing what you do. 

• 595 posts
    April 22, 2016 9:57 AM PDT

Front runner is Dire Lord but I generally play Warrior.  I still haven't decided.  I often have a necro that gets much of my alt attention so Dire Lord fullfills both of those needs.  We'll see as things get more concrete.

• 149 posts
    April 22, 2016 2:05 PM PDT

Im sort of already set on the Crusader even though tanking isnt my favorite playstyle. I still have hopes that Crusader plays more of a support/dps role but if not I guess I will be tanking :) Tanks where always my secondary role if I had alternate characters/specs. I prefered the more hybrid dps roles though such as the Paladin in Dark Age of Camelot with a greatsword or Warrior Priest from Warhammer Online. That idea of front line healer by doing damage was likely my favorite incarnation of a "holy warrior" archetype.

• 220 posts
    April 22, 2016 10:37 PM PDT

I will tank as a crusader.   Im not interest in fast leveling or raiding, only having a blast through the levels, and being the best end game dungeoneer I can be.  I might even have a multi-legacy crusader family line, but we shall see.  I plan on knowing them inside and out!

• 133 posts
    April 23, 2016 4:01 PM PDT

I'll be Crusading. But also druiding. I've been playing both in games since EQ :) . 

• 6 posts
    May 1, 2016 1:49 PM PDT

I'll be playing as a Dire Lord when the game first comes out as I've always enjoyed the dps tank role and easier soloing of the SK in EQ2. The Crusader is also a class I'd like to check out because I started as a Pally in eq2 but betrayed pretty quick when I realized the gap in power between the two initially at launch.

I did begin a chanter and a bard in order to find more groups too and found that I really enjoy the CC/utility aspect of play so I'll definitely be trying those classes as well...

Thinking my first toon will be an Archai DL tho haha

• 15 posts
    June 28, 2016 1:43 AM PDT

I played all kinds of tank in lots of mmo but in eq/eq2 and vanguard i liked the SK and DK they tend to have the best agro control for me. But i am not set yet going to try out all 3 in beta and see what is right for me in this game.

• 432 posts
    June 28, 2016 9:27 PM PDT

Tank, all day erry day.

Pretty much said it for me. 

-Todd

• 18 posts
    June 30, 2016 1:55 AM PDT

So I had questions regarding the classes. Can warriors be dps or are they only tanks here? Are classes locked by races? And I'm sure racials will play into what race is more effective in what role right? cause I really wanna be a Dmyr warrior, and not have it be completely overshadowed by an ogre. I fell in love with the Myr because I've always wanted an aquatic race in an mmo, and there lore is savage af. Lol i also wouldnt being a ranger but that seems odd to me, that they'd be Rangers. arrows would move so slow and blah blah. Anyways that's it.

• 51 posts
    July 17, 2016 1:41 PM PDT

I will be playing a Crusader and maybe a Dire Lord

• 189 posts
    July 21, 2016 9:23 AM PDT

I will probably roll my first toon as a Tank, but not 100%.  It took me a week of working the pros/cons of each class when EQ Progression opened last year..

• 578 posts
    July 25, 2016 9:47 PM PDT

My main is usually a bard but since I will have to wait for that I am pondering over my choices for launch. My first character ever was an SK in EQ so I may roll a tank again. But I also love to pull and CC so I may go that route, possibly an enchanter. Ugh! So many decisions lol. In all honesty it will boil down to how the progeny system works since I may use it when the bard rolls out.

• 257 posts
    July 26, 2016 6:48 PM PDT

NoobieDoo said:

My main is usually a bard but since I will have to wait for that I am pondering over my choices for launch. My first character ever was an SK in EQ so I may roll a tank again. But I also love to pull and CC so I may go that route, possibly an enchanter. Ugh! So many decisions lol. In all honesty it will boil down to how the progeny system works since I may use it when the bard rolls out.

Early EQ1 enchanters were tanks.

For about 0.031 seconds.

• 578 posts
    July 27, 2016 9:17 PM PDT

Retsof said:

NoobieDoo said:

Early EQ1 enchanters were tanks.

For about 0.031 seconds.

I'm sure enchanters are tanks even now...for .031 seconds. Until they take their first punch to the face. ;)

• 80 posts
    July 29, 2016 3:10 PM PDT

I'l be playing a Dwarf Warrior. I enjoy being the leader, but I'll probably have an Echanter for CC. Although Healers are usually hard ot come by, so I might just role one of those as a alt.

Who knows, I might just box both.

This post was edited by Makinelly at July 29, 2016 3:33 PM PDT
    • 510 posts
    August 9, 2016 5:13 PM PDT

I am already mapping this out:

Primary = Enchanter

1st Alt = Ranger

2nd Alt = Dire Lord

3rd Alt = Druid (in the hopes that it is anything like EQ2 Fury)

and if there was ANYTHING like EQ2 Swashbuckler then I would play that too...

• 37 posts
    November 14, 2016 7:30 PM PST

Dire Lord no question. All i need to do is find a sword and board and away we go.

• 1618 posts
    December 12, 2016 6:03 PM PST

Tank ****, at your service; Ogre style.

• 7 posts
    January 9, 2017 9:11 PM PST

Tank -- I just hope I can map all the keys to where they should be (every game for the last 10 years or so, if I can, I put all my tank keys in roughly the same spots, so I don't need to think about it).