Forums » The Ogres

Bring back the fat ogres

• 2 posts
    April 15, 2017 10:07 AM PDT
    Agreed! The Ogres and Trolls in EQ pre Luclin were a wonderful design. Great tone and silhouette. Not every race has to look like an action hero.
    • 80 posts
    April 16, 2017 6:11 PM PDT

Tatertoad said:

These ogres remind me more of orcs.  I like them.

I felt the same way as well.  When I explained some of the races to my friends, I basicly said that Ogre appeared to be a cross between orcs and humans.   They are rugged while still astetically pleasing.  This will probably be my race of choice.

• 3 posts
    May 10, 2017 5:07 PM PDT

I miss my big, dumb, fat Zoggzog. I hope the sliders go far enough to give him a big, round belly and really look fat, not just a little "beefy" like most current games do.

• 14 posts
    July 20, 2017 2:32 AM PDT

Alexander said:

I have to agree a bit, because playing the fat Ogres in EQ was like playing a monster race. That was a serious novelty - something most games don't do. Most player characters are "badass" looking - but the Ogres and Trolls weren't really "badass", they were more like actual enemies you'd fight in the game. That was a very different thing, and gave playing an Ogre or Troll a certain intrigue. Ogres are awesome now, but there was definitely some unique fun in playing a monster race.

I completely agree.  Playing the large races in EQ was a very different experience.  They were endearing and unique.  Ogres could look intimidating with their gear and huge weapons, but there was always a lot of "big-boned Ogre" character that came through because of the exaggeration of their proportions and animations.  Since the races were so different from each other, your choice of race felt very consequential.  I feel there's a same-y-ness in tone and proportions to the Pantheon races currently.