Forums » News and Announcements

A Glimpse into the Pantheon Dev Process @ Visionary Realms

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    • 1095 posts
    March 3, 2016 1:11 PM PST

Good read. I'm gonna go ahead and coin, Fantheon as the name of possible future fanfairs lol. 

This post was edited by Aich at March 3, 2016 1:12 PM PST
    • VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    March 3, 2016 1:21 PM PST

Aich said:

Good read. I'm gonna go ahead and coin, Fantheon as the name of possible future fanfairs lol. 

I like it!

• 130 posts
    March 3, 2016 2:46 PM PST

It was nice to see some external perspective.

I really digged the associated image in the article.

The NPC is either too close to the fire or the fire needs to be dimmed just a little bit however, that poor feller is cooking.

It does look superb for being pre-pre-alpha, however!  Looks like it has atmosphere compared to plasticity you see a lot, I like it.  Good job world builders!

• 428 posts
    March 3, 2016 3:13 PM PST

AWESOME

• 1468 posts
    March 3, 2016 6:13 PM PST

This was a really REALLY interesting read. Very cool to hear what is going on behind the scenes at VR. Keep it up guys.

• 781 posts
    March 4, 2016 1:11 AM PST

Awesome guys ! :)  I am stoked !

• 308 posts
    March 4, 2016 4:24 AM PST

interesting article, thanks for the link Brad!

also i would like to say that the authors talk about how surprised he was as the world kept forming as he logged in over time is very appitite whetting.

• 144 posts
    March 4, 2016 4:29 AM PST

Tons of great info here, thank you.  Lots of old memories as well

• 104 posts
    March 4, 2016 5:55 AM PST

Makes me want to go and double my pledge!

• 45 posts
    March 4, 2016 8:18 AM PST

Very good article. I was already biting my nails in anticipation and now I just can’t take it.

• 15 posts
    March 4, 2016 8:28 AM PST
    Very very good read, continue to contain the excitment as much as I can.
    • 201 posts
    March 4, 2016 10:50 AM PST

I think these different reviews about the game and the new VR company as a whole is really good publicity. It helps get the name out there, and spread among people that really have not heard about it yet.

I enjoyed reading that review and knowing some critic actually enjoyed the small amount of time he played, and is looking forward to it.

• 384 posts
    March 4, 2016 9:13 PM PST

Great Article! I love Wolfshead, he's written some great articles on MMO's and what's become of the genre. The fact that you sought him out to help provide feedback and his opinion is amazing. I'm sure it's great to have an outside voice contributing, especially one who understands what Pantheon wants to be.

And Yay for Fantheon!

• 271 posts
    March 5, 2016 1:21 AM PST

(voice of reason, don't hate)

+ That one more person goes on record saying effectively "i was wrong, Brad is actually doing this!"

- I fail to understand your excitement (as evident in the posts above) about any factor NOT related to the above as the article, in all honesty? Says absolutely nothing about anything. That we didn't already know of in any case, let me put it like that. Long and winded with nothing concrete or news worthy.

That said, i will will repeat myself in that it's good to get this type of response. I cannot wait for the time (will she ever..?) when Brianna Royce will be forced to make that same concession. And eat her hat.

Remember her? Editor-in-Chief of Massively.com and now Massivelyop.com? She wrote that damning, slandering article on her blog TELLING people not to pledge in Brad's KS..while the KS was still ongoing.. except she wrote it on her "blog" and not on the site, so i guess that's 'alright' and 'professional'.. (even though she links her blog to the site and vice versa..)

I cannot wait for her to eat her words. When this game launches, i can guarantee you i'll be there to 'remind' her of that. Again :)

This post was edited by Aenra at March 5, 2016 1:23 AM PST
    • 19 posts
    March 6, 2016 4:55 PM PST

Great read again, good to see the outside perspective on the game and how it is progressing.  Just makes me want to get in and test this thing till my eyes bleed.

• 287 posts
    March 7, 2016 5:07 PM PST

That picture is very immersive.  I bet that NPC would have a great story to tell.  I would love to find out like all of us would.

• 271 posts
    March 22, 2016 4:41 AM PDT

Aenra said:

I cannot wait for the time (will she ever..?) when Brianna Royce will be forced to make that same concession. And eat her hat.

Remember her? Editor-in-Chief of Massively.com and now Massivelyop.com? She wrote that damning, slandering article on her blog TELLING people not to pledge in Brad's KS..while the KS was still ongoing.. except she wrote it on her "blog" and not on the site, so i guess that's 'alright' and 'professional'.. (even though she links her blog to the site and vice versa..)

I cannot wait for her to eat her words. When this game launches, i can guarantee you i'll be there to 'remind' her of that. Again :)

Well.. you'll never guess what, lol.. Latest Massivelyop.com's Pantheon article? Left a comment post and what a surprise! She deleted it! Twitted her (yes, i made a twitter account finally, no other way to access her) to ask why the truth is so offending to a """journalist""". She deleted that too.

Professionalism and ethics ladies and gentlemen. Always on display on MassivelyOP. Get your news there.. And what a shame it has come to be so predominant..

* Do mind that said post was eloquent (if i may say so anyway), non-offensive -not even indirectly- and quite down to earth; no blaming games. I even took the time to mention that no one should credit any influence on her behalf in Pantheon's past. I had no intention to start a flame war and i dare say my post fully reflected that. It was merely a statement reminding people of her stance, with quotes. Just the facts. And.. she deleted it :)

** i seem to have also neglected mentioning in my original post that apart from telling people not to pledge on Pantheon, she also had the kindness of heart to express such lovely wishes as "i hope it crashes" and "when will people learn". Just so we all have a full picture here.

One more day where "safe space" beats facts. Because "we can".. :)

edit: In case anyone from VR reads this, worry not. The matter is over far as i'm concerned. Pursuing it further could have adverse effects and i'm aware of that :)

This post was edited by Aenra at March 22, 2016 4:54 AM PDT
    • 613 posts
    March 22, 2016 10:56 AM PDT

This pretty much sums up my thoughts

This is why companies that are returning to the fundamentals of classic MMORPG design are on the right track. The bloated convenience based feature set of current market leading MMOs is just not resonating any more with the MMO public. Many in those communities are wishing they could return to playing earlier versions of their MMO when things were more challenging and there was more social interaction. Private servers of classic EverQuest and classic WoW are everywhere now which serves as more evidence that the MMO public are rebelling against the industry imposed status quo. Dissatisfaction with the current situation is so intense that many of uber raiding guilds have just decided to quit raiding entirely.

Great read. 

Ox

• 40 posts
    March 23, 2016 8:35 PM PDT

Fantheon 2016 - BE THERE!

...or, perhaps... PantheCon?

:D

This post was edited by Alaster at March 23, 2016 8:36 PM PDT
    • 3016 posts
    March 29, 2016 3:19 PM PDT

Aenra said:

(voice of reason, don't hate)

+ That one more person goes on record saying effectively "i was wrong, Brad is actually doing this!"

- I fail to understand your excitement (as evident in the posts above) about any factor NOT related to the above as the article, in all honesty? Says absolutely nothing about anything. That we didn't already know of in any case, let me put it like that. Long and winded with nothing concrete or news worthy.

That said, i will will repeat myself in that it's good to get this type of response. I cannot wait for the time (will she ever..?) when Brianna Royce will be forced to make that same concession. And eat her hat.

I think I was smelling the odor of "crow pie" the day of the Livestream.    And there were certain people in the chat on Livestream,  that I knew were part of the naysayer group.   But hey, its okay to misjudge,  long as you learn from the experience.    There are many of us that have stuck with VR,  because we know...they can make us a great game.  :)    And thus far they've been working with a small budget,  which is even more proof that if you're determined enough...you can get 'er done.   :)    

• 3016 posts
    March 29, 2016 3:28 PM PDT

Aich said:

Love it!! :)

• 3016 posts
    April 2, 2016 10:07 AM PDT

Aenra said:

Aenra said:

I cannot wait for the time (will she ever..?) when Brianna Royce will be forced to make that same concession. And eat her hat.

Well.. you'll never guess what, lol.. Latest Massivelyop.com's Pantheon article? Left a comment post and what a surprise! She deleted it! Twitted her (yes, i made a twitter account finally, no other way to access her) to ask why the truth is so offending to a """journalist""". She deleted that too.

Professionalism and ethics ladies and gentlemen. Always on display on MassivelyOP. Get your news there.. And what a shame it has come to be so predominant..

* Do mind that said post was eloquent (if i may say so anyway), non-offensive -not even indirectly- and quite down to earth; no blaming games. I even took the time to mention that no one should credit any influence on her behalf in Pantheon's past. I had no intention to start a flame war and i dare say my post fully reflected that. It was merely a statement reminding people of her stance, with quotes. Just the facts. And.. she deleted it :)

** i seem to have also neglected mentioning in my original post that apart from telling people not to pledge on Pantheon, she also had the kindness of heart to express such lovely wishes as "i hope it crashes" and "when will people learn". Just so we all have a full picture here.

One more day where "safe space" beats facts. Because "we can".. :)

edit: In case anyone from VR reads this, worry not. The matter is over far as i'm concerned. Pursuing it further could have adverse effects and i'm aware of that :)

Well perhaps she'll change her tune when Pantheon releases,   there are QUITE a NUMBER of people expressing interest in this project,  and I keep seeing positive comments.   If she wants to remain stuck that's her choice,   but she'll get left in the dust...if things don't change.

• 65 posts
    April 3, 2016 6:54 PM PDT

Excellent read!  Cannot stop getting increasingly excited about this project!

• 27 posts
    April 4, 2016 5:49 PM PDT

Aich said:

Fantheon 2016!!! Vegas works for me!