Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

All this talk about eq

• 106 posts
    January 1, 2016 11:02 AM PST
    This all this nostalgia of eq flying around, I just DLed the launcher and busting out my ranger again. Going to see if I can delevel myself and work my way back up with all my aa and my epics that aren't lvl restricted

Lvl 10 here I come
    • 170 posts
    January 4, 2016 5:33 AM PST

I DL'd the game myself but upon loading I noticed half my gear was gone and I was in a zone i never heard of. I wandered a bit loaded some spells and got bored. I wanted to visit nostalgic places with all my old obsolete gear on. But I dunno it wasn't the same sense because the game is so huge and theres so few playing. 

• 106 posts
    January 4, 2016 7:37 AM PST
    I know the feeling, they added so much extra crap to it and no one that I knew is around anymore. Kind of odd that half your stuff was missing though.

Around lvl 20 or so I'll start messing around again. Deleveling sucks but it'll be fun destroying red cons that used to own me even when they coned green. I'm down to lvl 63 now from 81.
    • 46 posts
    January 4, 2016 8:17 AM PST

Come check out the Phinigel server. It just opened a few weeks ago and is only EQ Classic. Kunark launches in March on the server and then Velious will unlock in June with new expansions every 12 weeks being unlocked. Its a great way to relive the original EQ experience if you are feeling nostalgic. Plus, we have created a Pantheon guild on the server for folks from this forum. The guild is called Pantheon's Rise and we have about 15 people, with a fair mix of people in 20-40 range. There's another thread in the off-topic forum here with more information on it. 

• 671 posts
    January 5, 2016 8:40 PM PST

Just so you know, there is a new EQ server that is only 3 weeks old (Phinny), that a good many of the Pantheon forum members here, have started new characters on, over the past few weeks. It is known as a "Progression Server" where the game starts out like EQ did back in 1999, & then progresses through Kunark, Velious, etc..

Come on over to Phinny we will give you a Guild invite...   https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2458/pantheons-rise-everquest-tlp-guild

• 2419 posts
    January 5, 2016 9:02 PM PST

Hieromonk said:

Just so you know, there is a new EQ server that is only 3 weeks old (Phinny), that a good many of the Pantheon forum members here, have started new characters on, over the past few weeks. It is known as a "Progression Server" where the game starts out like EQ did back in 1999, & then progresses through Kunark, Velious, etc..

Come on over to Phinny we will give you a Guild invite...   https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/2458/pantheons-rise-everquest-tlp-guild

It is SO tempting, but I know I'd just be completely frustrated with it knowing what I had once accomplished but now no longer have.

• 3016 posts
    January 13, 2016 6:17 AM PST

Playing on Xegony/Druzzil Ro...taking my time,  my oldest character (same age as EQ) was level 60 for 13 years hehehe.   She's now almost level 64.   No I don't want to power level,   and I'm in the Lions of the Heart guild.    Friendly, casual guild, suits me fine.   Taking time to smell the roses, and try to tackle some of the massive amounts of achieves I've missed out on over the years.  Yeah nostalgia ran away with me too.  :)

Cana

• 106 posts
    January 15, 2016 7:21 AM PST
    So I log my ranger in and delevel to 34. Then I found out they locked the aa out with the level restrictions. So I'm a pos ranger again with 2 decent weapons. Can't believe they have weapons in the game comparable to epics at this level.

I did this 10 years ago and all my aa still worked. It was a blast. A level 30 with 1100aa ranger with monster crits, epic heals and procs. Oh well... the good ol days
    • 116 posts
    January 16, 2016 11:16 AM PST

I tried taking a trip down memory lane, but all the rule changes just made the game feel like the newer models.  Rush to a zone, rush through some levels, rush to the next zone.  I guess I'm just the odd old EQ Shaman telling DBG to get off my lawn.