Forums » News and Announcements

Refund Policy, Pledge and Subscription Update!

• 9115 posts
    December 22, 2015 4:02 AM PST

Dear Pantheon Community,

We have been reviewing our Pledge and Subscription models, listening to your feedback and considering our options in regards to consolidating pledges and account accumulation via forum subscriptions and we have decided to make a few changes that will make the process easier and more comprehensive for everyone.

We have a new Returns Policy in place that covers Pledge and Subscription transactions to define them more clearly while providing a more concise description of what each pledge tier includes. You will see this upon your next login and will need to read it and accept the conditions to proceed to your normal login page.

The forum subscription packages have been overhauled and brought back in line with our original vision of having them only apply to the forums and not building up over time towards pledges. This was only changed as a last resort to allow upgrading between pledges when we had no other way for you to upgrade pledges easily, it was always going to be a short term solution until we could make this process easier, and we now have a new process to allow that upgrade. This means that forum subscriptions now only apply to forum access and benefits described on our website, and they will no longer accumulate or add to pledge levels.

Forum Subscriptions:

-We are giving a 1-month extension from the date of this announcement for community members who already have active subscriptions and who wish to contribute more manually to reach a pledge level that they were building towards.

-After this one month period is up for all existing subscribers on the 22nd of January, 2016, forum subscriptions will no longer accumulate in account pools, they will no longer add up over time or count towards pledges. Subscriptions revert to their original form and now only count towards monthly subscription benefits and access to the forums.

-Payment plans remain the same for all pledges that have them, and they are not affected by this update at all.

For those of you that have subscribed for a long period, you may have qualified for a reward and an email with further instructions will be sent to those people shortly. If you do not receive an email, do not worry, there will be more chances to get rewards as development continues.

For all new subscription purchases, they will only include the forum rewards stated on our website from the date of this announcement onwards.

You will also be happy to hear that we have added a new way to upgrade pledges that will allow anyone with a pledge to upgrade to a higher level pledge with the click of a button. This new method will make upgrading from one pledge to a new one much easier and hassle-free. If you have already accumulated credit via a subscription towards a new/upgraded pledge, we also have a manual way to upgrade you without you having to overpay or fall just short of the next pledge level. Please keep in mind that processing manual changes like this may take up to 3 business days to complete. Click the “Join” tab on the official site to see the new upgrade options under “Sign Up”, “Pledge” and “Upgrade” side tabs.

On a final note, we would also like to give back to those community members who have stuck by us from the beginning or close to it and allow the $1-lifetime subscriptions to remain with you and linked to your account, even if you decide to upgrade your pledge! We will also be removing the $1-lifetime in-game subscription fee, and they will now be completely free. You will no longer be charged a subscription fee at all during the lifetime subscriptions included with some of the earlier pledges; this only applies to accounts that had purchased a qualifying pledge before February 26, 2015, announcement cut-off date.

On behalf of the team, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your continued support and patience throughout the development of Pantheon: Rise of the Fallen. We look forward to seeing many of you in testing next year!

From all of the team, we hope you have a safe and happy holidays!

• 781 posts
    December 22, 2015 9:47 AM PST

Awesome !  :)  Thx Kils

• 511 posts
    December 22, 2015 10:10 AM PST

Was apprehensive until I saw they ability to keep the lifetime sub :P

• 366 posts
    December 22, 2015 10:39 AM PST

That is a very nice change to the Lifetime Subscription plan :)

• 36 posts
    December 22, 2015 11:31 AM PST

I had a moment of panic when I saw "refund policy" in the title, lol. 'Twas a very brief moment, at least. :)

• 170 posts
    December 22, 2015 12:21 PM PST

I panicked briefly too. All be it briefly it was panic non-the-less. So glad you aren't cancelling but now I need to figure out my patronage and up it as needed.

• 378 posts
    December 22, 2015 2:09 PM PST

Silly qustion, where can I now find all the subsciption benifits and pledge benifts on the new site ? I can't seem to find them anymore to track down what benifits I now have ?

Strike that, Found it under Join, might want to rename that to Join/Pledge or somehitng a bit eaiser to find. 

This post was edited by Zandil at December 22, 2015 2:23 PM PST
    • 255 posts
    December 22, 2015 2:19 PM PST

Happy will continue to have the lifetime subscription :) Was one of the many reasons I pledged straight away after the crowd funding failed.

• 9115 posts
    December 22, 2015 4:23 PM PST

I am glad you all like the changes, we have been listening and wanted to thank a lot of you for being such loyal long term supporters :)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at December 22, 2015 4:23 PM PST
    • 83 posts
    December 23, 2015 1:38 PM PST

most awesome, will wrangle some funds early 2016

• 311 posts
    December 24, 2015 1:39 PM PST

I was never able to accept the return policy mentioned above. I think I back clicked it I can still get on but my recent topics doesn't work anymore. If I could get another or if you can or want you can except it for me.

• 9115 posts
    December 24, 2015 2:31 PM PST

Kazingathi said:

I was never able to accept the return policy mentioned above. I think I back clicked it I can still get on but my recent topics doesn't work anymore. If I could get another or if you can or want you can except it for me.

I have sent you a PM with the link Kaz :)

• 160 posts
    December 26, 2015 10:55 AM PST

I did not realize there was a difference between forum accounts and pledge levels. EDIT - or perhaps i should say that I did not know forum account subscriptions were a thing.

Good to know.

This post was edited by Nuggie at December 26, 2015 10:57 AM PST
    • 9115 posts
    December 26, 2015 3:17 PM PST

NuggieOndahead said:

I did not realize there was a difference between forum accounts and pledge levels. EDIT - or perhaps i should say that I did not know forum account subscriptions were a thing.

Good to know.

Yes, we decided long ago that these forums were going to be development forums and not your average gaming forums, so with that in mind, we wanted to offer a way for the community support us while also filtering out a lot of the nonsense from people who are not serious about supporting us or helping us develop this game. So we allow free members to have read-only access but if they wish to participate they are required to subscribe or purchase a pledge that included unlimited access depending on their pledge level as to what access they get.

This helps us focus on the more serious community members (you guys) and not be drowned out with not so serious idea's, troll posts and just general noise from people who are not serious or who don't care about this game and it works very well. :)

• 3016 posts
    December 26, 2015 5:40 PM PST

One question is the lifetime sub still good..I signed up for that..and if I add to that..will that cause a problem with the lifetime?   Thanks.

• 30 posts
    December 27, 2015 5:29 AM PST

Sorry, I'm gonna be that guy ;)

It's still as clear as mud to me. I originally bought Journeyman's Pledge (almost 2 years ago now, wow.. time has flown!), which I then converted to Bridge Pledge on the website at the time.

I see neither of those (Journeyman or Bridge) on the "Upgrade" screen, so if I want to give you more money now, I still have no idea what to click.

To be honest, other than the pre-alpha access and the $1-a-month subscription (which will now be free, I understand from above - thanks!) I can't even remember what was in my pledge :) Those two things were the only important bits to me anyway, I don't much care for fluff items ;) 

I would like to give you more money, an invite to the guild would be pretty awesome (as I say, can't remember if it was in my pledge or not) but I just don't dare click anything at the moment, it's not clear enough what I have to do :(

This post was edited by Caesium at December 27, 2015 5:29 AM PST
    • 3 posts
    December 27, 2015 7:31 AM PST

It's been a while since I signed up and I don't see my pledge level listed anymore.  Is there a link to the old pledge levels so we can see what that bought me at the time?  I am listed as a pathfinder pleadge level.

• 12 posts
    December 27, 2015 8:03 AM PST

In reply to Anshar.......You can find the orginal pledge levels here

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588672538/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen?ref=users

I pledged at Explorer level and it isnt showing on the website

This issue was brought up on the Support part of the forum. The last 'official' reply was from Kilsin, dated November 6th 2015 which stated....

As I have stated previously guys, these forums broke, they do not show the information that we used to show so we are moving to a new forum solution over the next month or two, we are in the process of setting those forums up now and coding them to show that type of data for you all again, until then, sadly there is nothing we are able to do to display that information on this site.

All purchases since the creation of Pantheon are available to us, so event hough you don;t see that information, we can see it and recall it at any time, so do not worry, everything is safe and sound, we just need new forums (that work properly) so we can display that information again but we are working hard on it as we speak, so hopefully it won;t be too much longer. :)

This post was edited by Curlok at December 27, 2015 8:04 AM PST
    • 9115 posts
    December 27, 2015 3:34 PM PST

Caesium said:

Sorry, I'm gonna be that guy ;)

It's still as clear as mud to me. I originally bought Journeyman's Pledge (almost 2 years ago now, wow.. time has flown!), which I then converted to Bridge Pledge on the website at the time.

I see neither of those (Journeyman or Bridge) on the "Upgrade" screen, so if I want to give you more money now, I still have no idea what to click.

To be honest, other than the pre-alpha access and the $1-a-month subscription (which will now be free, I understand from above - thanks!) I can't even remember what was in my pledge :) Those two things were the only important bits to me anyway, I don't much care for fluff items ;) 

I would like to give you more money, an invite to the guild would be pretty awesome (as I say, can't remember if it was in my pledge or not) but I just don't dare click anything at the moment, it's not clear enough what I have to do :(

The Journeyman's Pledge has not been available for a long time Caesium but if you were interested in upgrading from it to something else, you can submit a support ticket and one of us can help you with ways of how you can do that :)

The Journeyman's Pledge is a bit of a gem that most people want to hold onto, so we figured not many would want to give it up its contents for another pledge even while retaining the lifetime sub. ;)

You can view the majority of the content on the Kickstarter page as most of the Journeyman's rewards still apply. https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1588672538/pantheon-rise-of-the-fallen

Just a reminder that if you upgrade from one pledge to another you may lose a reward from the previous pledge, so please choose carefully so you do not make that mistake and miss out on something that you were looking forward too, not all pledges contain the previous pledges items, especially after revamps of the pledges recently.

• 3016 posts
    December 27, 2015 6:55 PM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

One question is the lifetime sub still good..I signed up for that..and if I add to that..will that cause a problem with the lifetime?   Thanks.

Again I paid out $1015.00 in total...so if I add to that I lose my lifetime and invite to dev guild if I add more??

• 3016 posts
    December 27, 2015 7:24 PM PST

Okay I see my original pledge the lifetime sub has been changed to 6 months...and the original package that I signed up for is listed under the $10,000 package, I paid for that package quite some time ago, before you changed things, will my package still be honoured?  I don't feel comfortable signing this until I get a clearer picture about what's happened here.   Thanks for your help.

$10,000 or $1,000/month for 1 year

• Unlimited VIP Access
    • Alpha access
    • Beta access
    • Early name reservation
    • 2 Digital copies of the game
    • Game Title: Pantheon Explorer
    • Game Item: Fun Illusion
    • Additional character slot
    • Game Item: Explorer's Backpack
    • Game Item: Tunic of the Planes
    • Game Item: Astral Guide Vanity Pet
    • Game Item: Ring of the Fallen
    • Name appears in game credits
    • 5 item renaming vouchers
    • Lifetime Game Subscription
    • Invite to founder's guild
    • Digital Lore and Art Book
    • In game Ascendant's nameplate
    • Physical Item: Celestius Cloth Map
    • Physical Item: Postcard From Team
    • Pre-Alpha Tester Access*
    • Tester credit in game credits
    • Tester forum tag
    • Limited Edition Framed Print
    • Design dungeon or raid with design team

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at December 27, 2015 7:29 PM PST
    • 70 posts
    December 27, 2015 8:04 PM PST

I'm not sure that my pledge had a "name" when I started my pledge? It was in Feb. 2014, I think.

I've seen the phase 'clear as mud' used here: describes me perfectly. I do believe I'm confused.

I will give it another try to see if I can figure this out.

• 9115 posts
    December 27, 2015 9:16 PM PST

CanadinaXegony said:

CanadinaXegony said:

Again I paid out $1015.00 in total...so if I add to that I lose my lifetime and invite to dev guild if I add more??

Cana, I replied to your PM but for anyone else wondering, nothing has changed, we honour all prior pledges as we have always stated, only now instead of forum subs counting towards pledges (which were never meant to happen) you can now manually upgrade with any amount to get the pledge you want.

$1-lifetime sub is now free and you can upgrade and keep it if you like.

Pledges all have a special upgrade option to a higher pledge, removing the confusion or unnecessary over or under payments.

If you upgrade, please consider it carefully, as you do not carry older prior rewards (other than lifetime sub) to new pledges, so the new revamped pledges may not be an actual upgrade for you, so check to make sure it is actually worth your while upgrading as some of the older benefits are far better as we wanted to show our appreciation for the longer serving community members.

New policy is in place to better explain purchases of subs and pledges.

Other than that, nothing changes, what you see on our pledges and subs page is what you get, if you do not care about upgrading then this doesn;t affect you at all, if you were building towards a pledge with a sub, you have one month from the date of this OP to upgrade manually and then subs will no longer count towards anything other than their original intention of giving forum access and forum benefits.

If you are still unsure and have account related questions/issues, please lodge a support ticket so one of us can access your account and help you. :)

• 9115 posts
    December 27, 2015 9:16 PM PST

Graysilk said:

I'm not sure that my pledge had a "name" when I started my pledge? It was in Feb. 2014, I think.

I've seen the phase 'clear as mud' used here: describes me perfectly. I do believe I'm confused.

I will give it another try to see if I can figure this out.

I have also replied to your PM Graysilk :)

• 18 posts
    December 28, 2015 12:21 AM PST

Now that you get to keep the lifetime subscription when upgrading it seems to me that what we will loose is the possibility design/name an item/npc/poi/quest since I can't find those on the new pledges.

Is it correct that we will loose those options if we upgrade to a higher tier?

The old pledges: https://www.pantheonrotf.com/public/admin/zpledgechart.jpg