Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

System requirements?

• 1095 posts
    May 23, 2017 4:23 PM PDT

Krixus said:

Zeem said:

Krixus said: 

Are you doing streaming and content creation?

Prolly do some videos not streaming tho.

Can you drop the ram and up the video card? 32 megs isn't going to do anything for you. 

You can customize it how you like within the options available.

They offer 1080 but 1080 dont offer much gains in performance over price. The 1070 is like top of the line, anything above that is just showing off.

For the games I do 1070 be way plenty.

and 32gb ram why the hell not?

I got all of that for $2400 so I think thats a a great price for a pc considering I havent upgraded in like 5-6 years.

I still need a monitor tho so 200-300 for that. But hey I can pack it up as is and go on vacation and still raid.

This is a daily pc as well setup as a desktop with external monitor keyboard mouse etc etc. I even got a nice table to go with it. Notice the rating on lbs and can see why I got more ram then needed.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00ZTH860K

This post was edited by Aich at May 23, 2017 4:43 PM PDT
    • 1714 posts
    May 23, 2017 6:00 PM PDT

Zeem said:

Krixus said:

Zeem said:

Krixus said: 

Are you doing streaming and content creation?

Prolly do some videos not streaming tho.

Can you drop the ram and up the video card? 32 megs isn't going to do anything for you. 

You can customize it how you like within the options available.

They offer 1080 but 1080 dont offer much gains in performance over price. The 1070 is like top of the line, anything above that is just showing off.

For the games I do 1070 be way plenty.

and 32gb ram why the hell not?

I got all of that for $2400 so I think thats a a great price for a pc considering I havent upgraded in like 5-6 years.

I still need a monitor tho so 200-300 for that. But hey I can pack it up as is and go on vacation and still raid.

This is a daily pc as well setup as a desktop with external monitor keyboard mouse etc etc. I even got a nice table to go with it. Notice the rating on lbs and can see why I got more ram then needed.

re 1070/1080, that's straight up false. You'll get way way more out of that upgrade than out of going from an i5-7600 to an i7-7700.

And why the hell not on the ram?  That seems like a really silly thing to say. Because you spent $200! more for 32, which does absolutely nothing for you. You could have the 2560x1440 120hz display and 16 gigs of ram, or the 1920x1080 60hz display and 32 gigs of ram. If you're going to be docking and using a dedicated monitor, spend that extra $200 there. It's a no brainer either way. 

Zeem said:

I even got a nice table to go with it. Notice the rating on lbs and can see why I got more ram then needed.

huh?

This post was edited by Keno Monster at May 23, 2017 6:27 PM PDT
    • 1095 posts
    May 24, 2017 10:53 AM PDT

Krixus said:

Go build your pc then. Cheers

• 9 posts
    July 4, 2019 5:15 AM PDT

Thank you for this post. This is information I have been needing. My computer is a restored workstation, I was given for free and had parts laying around from my desktop when the motherboard fried. It is not upgrade friendly though, because it's a workstation and not a full desktop :) I will almost certianly have to buy a new pc when the time comes thankfully I won't have to spend over $1000 doesn't seem like much, but I got a kid that will be going to college in another year. 

• 65 posts
    July 4, 2019 8:47 AM PDT

Alot of new chips will be on the market in the next 2-3 years when the game is released. Even alpha is a year or so away, so don't buy anything new right now just for the game. If you need a new PC soon, just wait a few weeks. There's alot of new chips on the way this summer. 

• 1095 posts
    July 5, 2019 12:31 PM PDT

The Nvidia RTX GPUs are out now