Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Pantheons Rise - Everquest TLP guild

• 132 posts
    January 16, 2016 11:09 AM PST

logged in a few nights ago. did /who all each name from 1st post and /who all "pantheons rise" and didn't see anyone on. 

• January 16, 2016 7:54 PM PST

You caught a bad time.  There are a ton of folks but usually someone is around :)   two or three online now

• 170 posts
    January 17, 2016 7:39 AM PST

Too bad the Vanguard emulator isn't where you guys want to be but EQ1 is so old and changed so much since release. Where as Vanguard would be nice to play with you all. Ultimately I think they just need to get a working alpha out and all our problems would be gone. I'm so tired of new MMOs I told my wife if I won that 1.5bil lotto I was going to personally give millions to the game but alas no winning ticket. Oh well maybe they'll get a working version out and we can all group up and play for years.

• 671 posts
    January 25, 2016 7:08 PM PST

Aye..

But do understand, my main intention wasn't nec playing EQ... it was meeting up with new players and new cross section of players. And also spread the word about Pantheon. Most of us are having a blast. But it was already discussed, that most of us are waiting on Alpha-Dev invites and wanted a quick place to gather and hoard.

Aye, P99/VGE is a much better place, but I have engaged so many people and picked their minds and engaged in them about Pantheon:Rise of the fallen on the Progression server. That most the time on long 12h camps, these PUG players would be on Pantheon's site and coming back after being afk 5m and going bonkers, etc.  (I just say EQ2017 anymore).

What is the link to the VG emulator..

• 671 posts
    January 27, 2016 10:01 AM PST

I will be calling a Guild Meeting some time in the next few weeks. Just to gather and meet up and roleplay and fart around.... & more than likely find a haunt to mangle.

On a side note, I have now lost 2 lvl's from afk liching while solo'ing & camping....   and laughing about it, because I miss guk already & Kunark is still a month away.

• 106 posts
    January 30, 2016 5:39 AM PST

my ogre war is almost lvl 15, was wondering if anyone that doens't plan on playing much has any hand me downs.  i'm in banded and it has served me well so far.

Bleeds

• 106 posts
    February 3, 2016 12:17 PM PST
    Thanks for the help kvorak
    • 428 posts
    February 4, 2016 2:42 PM PST

How are things progressing and how many people are playing?? Thinking of rolling a paladin

• 51 posts
    February 6, 2016 5:45 AM PST

I might reinstall EQ and play for a while just to get to know you guys before alpha.

This post was edited by Typhon at February 6, 2016 5:47 AM PST
    • 109 posts
    February 6, 2016 10:04 AM PST

Pantheons Rise = Pantheon Rising? A guild we did on p99 when we finally had a game name to play off. Wondering if some of those folks are back and involved, was a great time and I'm thinking of jumping onboard.

• 109 posts
    February 7, 2016 3:19 PM PST

Rolled a troll SK this afternoon, currently lvl 4 in inno, if ya see me, add me. Thanks

• 106 posts
    February 7, 2016 3:40 PM PST
    I'm in guy or sro when I'm on, I can do it
    • 109 posts
    February 8, 2016 5:29 AM PST
    Decided I don't like the troll, re-rolling tonight as an Ogre SK. Same name. Preferred my ogre on p99 to this troll. Will be leveling in inno
    • 109 posts
    February 11, 2016 6:08 AM PST

Anyone (other than Bloodbeard) still doing this? /w all Panth comes back with nothing whenever Im on. I'm enjoying being back in Norrath but crave some company! hah

Garmr

• 106 posts
    February 11, 2016 11:29 AM PST
    I play bleeds after 9pm est. Normal go lfg for a while and if I get one I stay on, if not I log and try again the next day or play a few mins on a low lvl alt soloing crap
    • 109 posts
    February 15, 2016 6:47 AM PST
    Got a tell from a Shai, person from forums here looking for an invite. I don't have that ability, keep an eye out Bleeds
    • 63 posts
    February 16, 2016 4:31 PM PST

Zahlhedren level 5 Ench just started playing thiss week, i'll look for those names for invite

• 79 posts
    February 17, 2016 8:28 AM PST

I'm debating whether I want to re-sub due to the time constraints involved. I may end up re-subbing and creating a character just to chat more than anything but I will let you know if I do. I would hate to get roped in when I've exercised so much restraint from MMOs these past few years lol.

• 1468 posts
    February 18, 2016 12:18 AM PST

Is it worth joining this? How is the server for low levels? Obviously I'd have to level up and it'd be nice to have some people to play with while I do it :). I did play for a time on Ragefire when it first came out but had to leave because I got a new job at the time and that took up all my free time.

So would you recommend resubscribing and playing as a low level on this server?

• 109 posts
    February 18, 2016 4:38 AM PST

Cromulent said:

Is it worth joining this? How is the server for low levels? Obviously I'd have to level up and it'd be nice to have some people to play with while I do it :). I did play for a time on Ragefire when it first came out but had to leave because I got a new job at the time and that took up all my free time.

So would you recommend resubscribing and playing as a low level on this server?

Overall I say the server is worth it. Population is healthy, low level population is healthy and once you are past the very early levels groups havent been hard to come by. For whatever reason folks still prefer soloing those first 5-10 levels. Patch yesterday upped the amount of xp gained from kills, not alot, but noticeable enough. I didnt have an issue with the slower xp but if that was a worry for you, there you are.

The guild itself is for the most part a ghost town TBH. Myself and one other are the only folks I see on regularly, with the occasional pop in from a couple of others. Not a huge issue for me as this is just killing time until Pantheon testing begins and I always find myself back in Norrath for a spell, be it p99, SoD or any other emu. Ive got toons everywhere lol, though I will say this is my first new character on EQLive since 2005.

Sub for a month and see if you like it, if you like classic EQ I think you will. My game names the same as forum name, give me a shout if you join in.

Garmr

• February 18, 2016 6:31 AM PST

I should be online tonight for anyone who would like an invite.   I was catching up on recorded shows last night :)

Some have left because their plan was to raid.  We never had enough people to get to raiding, and the leveling of chars was not consistent enough to keep guild groups going.  For instance,  there were two or three folks who were high 40's very quickly, and my level right now is 18 or 19.  Granted, I have played a couple of chars for some fun.

The last patch should have been the one which raised the 'per kill xp' and drastically lowered the quest item turn in xp.  It will be easier to level by killing things now, and group xp is far better than solo, unless they've raised the cap on solo xp per kill with the patch.

• 106 posts
    February 20, 2016 7:08 AM PST
    My war is in butcher block at the moment until I need to sell and then back to antonica. I play at least half the week around 9est

Bleeds
  • February 20, 2016 2:22 PM PST

I'm going to be online for a while starting now.  

• 384 posts
    February 20, 2016 6:31 PM PST

Sorry I wasn't on more. I was playing quite a bit for a few weeks but then had to go out of town. Once we got back it seemed I was busy most nights and then after a while.... I just didn't get back to it. The times I did get to hang out with some of you were great and Bloodbeard, out of all the time I've spent in EQ and the countless encounters, our run in with that Troll Slayer will stay fresh in my mind for a long time lol! I might end up logging back on at some point just not sure when (or if) that'll be. I definitely know that after playing a bit here with y'all I'm looking forward to Pantheon even more (if that's possible :)

• 668 posts
    February 21, 2016 11:10 AM PST

I played an enchanter to max level but had to stop playing for a bit...  I owe some of you an explanation why.

My younger wife had to go through a stem cell transplant and that was one of the toughest things to have to deal with yet in life.  I literally spent 3 1/2 weeks at the hospital everday with her and at times when I did get home, I was in no mood to play a game.  I said "younger" wife because it just goes to show, cancer picks on anyone, without rules...  I was also primary caretaker which came with some strict rules of watching over her for a month after she was able to get home.

On top of all of this, I was still trying to do my RL job and close out the year.  Made it through all of this somehow, and now just got a promotion to even bigger responsibilities.

So as you can probably see, I did not have much time for EQ1 once all this came down...  Good news is right now we have some normalcy back in our lives and I am trying to get back into what was once before.

Take care, talk to you all soon.

This post was edited by Pyye at February 21, 2016 11:11 AM PST