Forums » Support

Apple support?

• 87 posts
    December 1, 2015 8:52 PM PST

Ill be upgrading my computer within the next year or so and was wondering if i will be able to play pantheon on a apple computer?

• 1573 posts
    December 1, 2015 8:57 PM PST

Probably not going to have native Apple support. Apple is probably less than 1% of the MMO gaming market and it's a pretty decent developmental undertaking to port a game to iOS as far as I know. There's also no precedent set for MMOs being ported to iOS. Wouldn't bet on it.

This post was edited by Liav at December 1, 2015 8:58 PM PST
    • 6791 posts
    December 1, 2015 9:28 PM PST

Seek and ye shall find https://www.pantheonmmo.com/game/faqs/#q39

• 148 posts
    December 2, 2015 6:27 AM PST

Unity allows building and exporting a game for all major platforms, its a simple button press, so as Kilsin pointed out and in the FAQ no reason Pantheon won't be on all 3 major OS

• 3 posts
    August 8, 2017 6:13 PM PDT

Personally would love to see an OSX client and am more than willing to help test one on my end... I remember hearing during a twitch stream that it they are hoping to have mac support on release. Still wondering about a couple of questions:

1. Will "unstable" OSX clients be tested during alpha / beta?

2. Porting to a mac client is pretty easy in vanilla out-of-the-box Unity, but as I understand it they have built a lot of custom addons to the engine. Are there Pantheon-specific considerations that would make releasing a mac client more complicated than that?

Am hoping to get an imac pro later in the year and would be rad if I didn't have to run bootcamp for Pantheon! 

• 6791 posts
    August 9, 2017 4:14 AM PDT

fern said:

Personally would love to see an OSX client and am more than willing to help test one on my end... I remember hearing during a twitch stream that it they are hoping to have mac support on release. Still wondering about a couple of questions:

1. Will "unstable" OSX clients be tested during alpha / beta?

2. Porting to a mac client is pretty easy in vanilla out-of-the-box Unity, but as I understand it they have built a lot of custom addons to the engine. Are there Pantheon-specific considerations that would make releasing a mac client more complicated than that?

Am hoping to get an imac pro later in the year and would be rad if I didn't have to run bootcamp for Pantheon! 

We are unsure at this stage Fern but once we get closer to testing we will be able to give more information on this topic. At the moment we are focused on making sure we have a solid windows client ready, then we will see about other operating systems.