Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Modern Teaser Video - Pantheon

• 668 posts
    November 24, 2015 8:11 PM PST

Kilsin-

This is just bringing up something to spark a conversation about marketing Pantheon.  I have put out quite a few communications via chat conversations, emails, in-boxes thru several channels etc., working to spread the word about Pantheon.  This was mainy through the large network of gamers I have made via Twitch, old guilds and gaming networks.  The overwhelming feedback is "I cannot find anything modern about the game, it looks extremely dated."  I make sure to reiterate the modern website and how things are really coming together as of late.

I realize there are reasons the devs might want to keep some things secret but I really think a modern "teaser" video is much needed to promote the game.  This can be easily done without giving away any secrets.  I can just picture it, rumbling with great music like an awesome movie trailer to get the blood flowing!!

Share your insight!!

This post was edited by Pyye at November 24, 2015 8:12 PM PST
    • 378 posts
    November 24, 2015 9:00 PM PST

I would love to see a teaser vid, but it would need to be a in game one, as CGI vids are very expensive and time consuming to make.

• 9115 posts
    November 24, 2015 9:02 PM PST

I appreciate the thought, but we do not discuss our marketing strategy publicly Pyye, we have a professional team working on this and we are sticking to a well thought out and time critical schedule that best suits the company and we will release material as we progress along that path.

We have addressed the video question a few times now, we have also cleaned up our official Facebook and Youtube sites by removing older content that is no longer applicable and we will release more media content when the time is right, as we progress mate.

Everything is planned out carefully and being followed as per the teams strategies, so please have a little patience, we will release more media content in the near future when the time is right. ;)

I have also gone ahead and moved this thread to "General Pantheon", as it does not relate to News and Announcements, which is mainly for staff to post in when sharing information.

• 668 posts
    November 24, 2015 10:49 PM PST

Hey I appreciate the response, you are a great moderator...  It is a pleasure to know someone is directly in touch on these forums.

I will tone it down and stop prodding for certain information.  I need to trust this game is progressing and show more patience until more modern media gets released.  That is no easy task when a potential "dream" game is in the works...  Remember I am new to forums and a new pledge to Patheon but a LONG time supporter of Brad's work.  My anxiety is at a high right now but will die down over time, helping with the patience.

I am the kind of person who will watch an entire series on Netflix over a long weekend.  If it is good, I get consumed by it...  If I like something, I usually buy it.

Now, if only there was a good enough game to play that can satisfy me until Alpha!

This post was edited by Pyye at November 24, 2015 10:50 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    November 25, 2015 3:58 AM PST

Pyye said:

Hey I appreciate the response, you are a great moderator...  It is a pleasure to know someone is directly in touch on these forums.

I will tone it down and stop prodding for certain information.  I need to trust this game is progressing and show more patience until more modern media gets released.  That is no easy task when a potential "dream" game is in the works...  Remember I am new to forums and a new pledge to Patheon but a LONG time supporter of Brad's work.  My anxiety is at a high right now but will die down over time, helping with the patience.

I am the kind of person who will watch an entire series on Netflix over a long weekend.  If it is good, I get consumed by it...  If I like something, I usually buy it.

Now, if only there was a good enough game to play that can satisfy me until Alpha!

I completely understand man, I know a lot of people are in the same position as you and are just as eager to tear through as much information as possible and I would love to give it to you all but it is very important we stick to our strategy. I will, of course, post anything the second it is available for me to do so, no matter what time of day or night it is ;)

I am in the same boat game wise after 7 straight years of VG, just aimlessly bouncing around between single player RPGs and some FPS/Strategy games but nothing is really holding my attention, I can't wait to play Pantheon with you all! I don't even want to commit to the new EQ server, as I don't want to burn myself out! lol ;)

• 338 posts
    November 25, 2015 5:34 AM PST

Good videos take production and time away from making the game.

At this stage a video is pointless because there is nothing really to buy, it makes more sense to wait until you have a product to sell before you make a commercial for it.

Kiz~

• 668 posts
    November 25, 2015 8:39 AM PST

I do not intend to argue this point further but a "teaser" video is not expensive to make, I am not talking about a production video, where was that mentioned?  Something that new investors (pledges are investors) can see that is modern.  Some people are hesitant to invest into something if they do not see current material.  

Kilsin has already let it be known that it is in the plans and to be patient, good enough for me.  I think it will really help and pair nicely with the new website and forums when it comes out, and new supporters will more than likely pick up strongly.

• 163 posts
    November 25, 2015 11:53 AM PST

Finally

• 1281 posts
    November 25, 2015 12:12 PM PST

A new video and screenshots were put up on the website a month ago. How much do you think has changed since then?

I agree a teaser video of a developer running around the game world is not expensive, but it's still time consuming to edit and chop content they don’t want you to see. It also sets the precedence that anytime someone ask for something, they get it, which is not realistic.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at November 25, 2015 12:13 PM PST
    • 668 posts
    November 25, 2015 1:42 PM PST

bigdogchris said:

A new video and screenshots were put up on the website a month ago. How much do you think has changed since then?

New screenshots I will agree on, new video, sorry never saw it or have not found it.  Care to enlighten me on which video you are mentioning on the website?

• 1434 posts
    November 25, 2015 3:04 PM PST

From this point forward, everything Visionary Realms releases should be as high quality as the game they are producing. While it was fun in the early stages to see videos of the developers work, its extremely important to put real effort into any video that represents Pantheon. This isn't just a crowdfunded indie game any more, and if they are to continue garnering support, each video must reflect professionalism and quality.

• 70 posts
    November 25, 2015 7:29 PM PST

I am very much impressed with the way things are moving. It gets better all the time.

I have been waiting since 2007, when I finally could not stay in EQ any longer. I did not like EQII on release. I alpha/beta'd VG and then played for about a year after launch. With heavy heart I moved on.

I have been following Pantheon since the day I found the kickstarter a couple of years ago.

Having waited this long, I will wait till it is ready. And hope against hope that I get into Alpha. If not, I will continue to wait. I have a feeling its going to be worth it.

• 1281 posts
    November 25, 2015 9:52 PM PST

Pyye said:

New screenshots I will agree on, new video, sorry never saw it or have not found it.  Care to enlighten me on which video you are mentioning on the website?

The video was a flyover. It looks to have been pulled.

• 9115 posts
    November 26, 2015 1:13 AM PST

bigdogchris said:

Pyye said:

The video was a flyover. It looks to have been pulled.

It is very much still there mate, second bullet point (out of 3) on the main sites front page, up the top: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/

Wait for it to load fully before the page shows it though. :)

I found the direct page link for you: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/common/video/teaser_360p.mp4

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at November 26, 2015 1:16 AM PST
    • 668 posts
    November 26, 2015 5:11 AM PST

Kilsin thanks for finding this and posting...  Perhaps throw a second link in the media / video section?  That is where people will naturally go to view live game material.

• 9115 posts
    November 26, 2015 5:21 AM PST

Pyye said:

Kilsin thanks for finding this and posting...  Perhaps throw a second link in the media / video section?  That is where people will naturally go to view live game material.

It isn't really meant to be there though mate, it is embedded into the website as a very short teaser, we will have much higher quality demo/dev videos to add to that section as we progress, though, I promise! :)

• 2138 posts
    November 26, 2015 6:18 AM PST

"let patience have its perfect work"

• 9115 posts
    November 26, 2015 6:41 AM PST

Manouk said:

"let patience have its perfect work"

Very wise words Manouk :)

• 2 posts
    November 27, 2015 6:45 AM PST

I think a teaser trailer is a great idea.  For other games I have played they got my attention and I used them to advertise that game (whatever is was) to my friends.

Cannot wait to see one

• 781 posts
    November 27, 2015 9:11 AM PST

It will be an awesome one for sure knowing these guys at VR ! :)

• 3016 posts
    November 27, 2015 9:37 AM PST

Pyye said:

We're all in the same place you are Pyye. hehe  I've been a long time supporter too..betaed EQ in 1998,   (on Xegony) and was there on release, and through all the lumps and bumps at first launch,  still have my 1999 account on Xegony..which is merged with another server,  actually created a level 5 barb shaman a couple days ago to take the edge off.   There is also P1999 ..emulations server,  check the Off-topic ..lots of information there, I hear lots play it while waiting for Pantheon.    Keep up the faith,  we'll get there.  :)

Cana