Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

EQs new progression server

• December 3, 2015 9:05 AM PST

Defiant gear is not on the TLP servers.  Neither are the other 'newbie' gear quests if they are not in that expansion.

• 409 posts
    December 3, 2015 9:06 AM PST

OK, reread the thread and nobody looked like they were jumping at tanking, but I saw bard, cleric, dps and support. Soooo...I will make a tank named Venjenz. Probably WAR, maybe SK? Not sure of race, but pretty sure it will be one of the evil races, since almost all my characters are. Whoever has designs on healing might want to pipe up so we can get that pair figured out.

• December 3, 2015 9:08 AM PST

I don't mind joining another guild which has others than Pantheon folks in it, but I am not a 'lets get to the raiding' type of player.  I enjoy the TLP servers much like I enjoy P99 - I like to experience the game rather than racing to level. :)

• December 3, 2015 9:09 AM PST

Venjenz said:

OK, reread the thread and nobody looked like they were jumping at tanking, but I saw bard, cleric, dps and support. Soooo...I will make a tank named Venjenz. Probably WAR, maybe SK? Not sure of race, but pretty sure it will be one of the evil races, since almost all my characters are. Whoever has designs on healing might want to pipe up so we can get that pair figured out.

I intend to roll a healer,  preferably a cleric and a dwarf. :)  I can change race/class if needs be though.

• 409 posts
    December 3, 2015 9:56 AM PST

If everyone is planning on being goodie-goodies, I can be a Dorf WAR. If more people plan on evil, then a dark elf WAR/CLR pair makes sense. 

And BloodBeard, make no mistake, I am not doing this to race to max and knock on the next timelock's door. Just figured I'd lend some 2-3 night a week grouping support to some like minded old schoolers. 

PS - one thought...SK provides tanking with Snare. WAR does not. If we do pure trinity CLR/WAR, someone in the group will need to bring snare to the table. Of course, I could be a gnome SK...which is simply awesome.

This post was edited by Venjenz at December 3, 2015 10:00 AM PST
    • 163 posts
    December 3, 2015 10:08 AM PST

If the TLP doesn't work out, and you guy decide to take the fight to p99, I am in. 2-3 nights a week. Like a scheduled guys night! or happy hour wednesday!

• 409 posts
    December 3, 2015 10:26 AM PST

My issue with P99 is having to do all the "don't patch, remove this file, change this file, etc" stuff. Playing on Phinigel is "log in, play."

• 668 posts
    December 3, 2015 10:32 AM PST

Venjenz said:

My issue with P99 is having to do all the "don't patch, remove this file, change this file, etc" stuff. Playing on Phinigel is "log in, play."

Exactly...  I DO NOT want to screw with any files just to make P99 work.  Too bad they do not have a system that simply lets you patch in what you need.

As far as characters go, I can roll with an Enchanter, Druid, Monk or Shaman like I played in original EQ days...  Let me know which is prefered.

• 179 posts
    December 3, 2015 11:39 AM PST

I'll be playing on the server and my name will be Anasyn. I would suggest we all try to create characters that will be easy to run as a group/guild together. I will be online from 7-10pm most nights and my time zone is (UTC+01:00) Rome for the next 9 or so months.

I will be playing a character that starts in or around the wood elf city. My class will be DPS or Support. List of classes from most likely to least. Ranger/Rogue/Bard.

Folks can contact me on 

Steam: nysana

or

• 163 posts
    December 3, 2015 6:41 PM PST

Not to take away from your TLP plans, because I think it's fun you guys are persuing that, but couldn't you just make a seperate Installation of EverQuest if you did want P99? I'm not real great with computers, so idk if that is a real option or not.

• December 4, 2015 10:27 AM PST

Venjenz said:

If everyone is planning on being goodie-goodies, I can be a Dorf WAR. If more people plan on evil, then a dark elf WAR/CLR pair makes sense. 

And BloodBeard, make no mistake, I am not doing this to race to max and knock on the next timelock's door. Just figured I'd lend some 2-3 night a week grouping support to some like minded old schoolers. 

PS - one thought...SK provides tanking with Snare. WAR does not. If we do pure trinity CLR/WAR, someone in the group will need to bring snare to the table. Of course, I could be a gnome SK...which is simply awesome.

That sounds like a plan, all around!  You decide which race you want to play and I will roll accordingly :)

• December 4, 2015 10:40 AM PST

Gadgets said:

Not to take away from your TLP plans, because I think it's fun you guys are persuing that, but couldn't you just make a seperate Installation of EverQuest if you did want P99? I'm not real great with computers, so idk if that is a real option or not.

You must make a separate installation of EQ if you don't want to mess with lots of issues and to make that separate installation, one needs the titanium bundle once offered by Sony (unless that has changed recently).  My problem with p99 is that I had to run it through another software (whatever the p99 folks recommended) just so p99 would work on my computer.  Also, anyone with two people in their household must get super secret special permission to run two comps from the same IP(router).

• 179 posts
    December 5, 2015 12:42 AM PST

I think i've decided on a SK named Anasyn. Please add me to your friends list because I really would love to group/duo.

This post was edited by Anasyn at December 5, 2015 1:14 AM PST
    • 671 posts
    December 5, 2015 10:00 AM PST

I will be playing on Phinny Prog server on Dec 9th.

Due to my nature of work (thus eratic gameplay), I will need a char with FD.

Additionally, I think a proper name for the Guild would be "The Fallen"

• 668 posts
    December 5, 2015 10:07 AM PST

I will play a High Elf Enchanter named Pyye...

• 3016 posts
    December 5, 2015 10:58 AM PST

I have a level 16 shaman on Xegony/Druzzil currently.  :)  Just trying to get used to the Crescent Reach areas.    I have a level 60 wiz same server,  but its been that long,  I don't remember how to play her and she has crappy armor lol.    Will get around to that soon..after I get the shaman to level 20.  :)

• 107 posts
    December 6, 2015 8:58 AM PST

When does this server launch? I need something to play and can't take archeage even to see my old friends.

• 668 posts
    December 6, 2015 9:18 AM PST

It launches on the 9th, upcoming Wednesday...

• 671 posts
    December 6, 2015 10:05 AM PST

Should be fun.

The early Crushbone/Befallen raids will be hilarious..

• 578 posts
    December 7, 2015 12:13 AM PST

Does anyone here have a VoiP server? Vent, teamspeak, mumble, etc? Monk, I like the guild name 'The Fallen' and am all for it.

• 409 posts
    December 7, 2015 7:11 AM PST

Anasyn said:

I think i've decided on a SK named Anasyn. Please add me to your friends list because I really would love to group/duo.

Well, that makes me wonder if I should make a tank or not. Not seeing anyone signing up for straight DPS yet, and rogues and wizards are both handy dandy for that. If Anasyn is an SK, Pyye is enchanting, and Bloodbeard is cleric, maybe I should be thinking deepz. Wizard with clarity works, but so does rogue with haste. Can we get a quick rundown on who is committed to what, so I can figure out what to make? 

EDIT - Heiromonk is making an FD'er, and that's either monks or necros, so add that to DPS I guess.  

This post was edited by Venjenz at December 7, 2015 7:15 AM PST
    • 179 posts
    December 7, 2015 8:38 AM PST

To be honest I really want to go Ranger (I really want to get ranger epics again) but I don't want to be looking for a group all the time. My name will be Anasyn regardless. :) 

• 668 posts
    December 7, 2015 10:55 AM PST

I payed for Teamspeak awhile back but would have to try to find the information.  Me and some friends use Discord right now and it is pretty decent.

Sorry Vent not TS... 

This post was edited by Pyye at December 7, 2015 10:59 AM PST
  • December 7, 2015 1:07 PM PST

Guild name  The Fallen  sounds good to me.   I won't be in any Voice chat, at least not very often, as I honestly don't like to listen to other people chewing/swallowing/burping/yelling while I'm gaming :)    I have chat windows for guild and group and tells.  I am still good at answering tells and chat these days. :)

I will roll a Bloodbeard unless someone snags it first.   I will play a cleric unless we have need of some other class.

This post was edited by BloodbeardBattlecaster at December 7, 2015 1:08 PM PST
    • 671 posts
    December 7, 2015 8:18 PM PST

I started a SK on one of the Prog servers, but it is just not for me. And haven already played a Monk for 80 lvls that only leaves one other class that has FD.

I will be playing a Human Necromancer.