Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Developer Streams?

• 149 posts
    November 20, 2015 6:42 AM PST

I was listening to the developer round table podcast from Feburary of this year and there was a mention of Twitch Streams of the devleopers creating things. Is this still a thing? If so, is there a list of people we could follow so we could catch these types of events?

• 9115 posts
    November 20, 2015 7:10 AM PST

Aggelos said:

I was listening to the developer round table podcast from Feburary of this year and there was a mention of Twitch Streams of the devleopers creating things. Is this still a thing? If so, is there a list of people we could follow so we could catch these types of events?

The guys haven't streamed for a while, it was Monty (Lead World Builder) and Joppa (Creative Director), Links below :)

http://www.twitch.tv/montreseur

http://www.twitch.tv/joppa_pantheon

They have been pretty busy lately but if they decide to stream again, I will be sure to let you know.

• 595 posts
    November 20, 2015 7:17 AM PST

Kilsin said:

The guys haven't streamed for a while, it was Monty (Lead World Builder) and Joppa (Creative Director), Links below :)

Great times, those streams!  It's hard to believe they started nearly a year ago already...

• 149 posts
    November 20, 2015 8:15 AM PST

Thank you @Kilsin! I will definitely sub up to both of them in the off chance that they will be streaming again because I could watch that stuff forever! I am so not a creative person so it amazes me to watch people create.

We have a webcomic artist over on our podcasting site and she started recording herself drawing and doing speed sketches and I watch then constantly.

• 9115 posts
    November 20, 2015 3:36 PM PST

Nikademis said:

Kilsin said:

Great times, those streams!  It's hard to believe they started nearly a year ago already...

They certainly were, I used to stay up until around 3-4am Aussie time to help moderate, join in and watch John spill the beans! lol ;)

• 9115 posts
    November 20, 2015 3:38 PM PST

Aggelos said:

Thank you @Kilsin! I will definitely sub up to both of them in the off chance that they will be streaming again because I could watch that stuff forever! I am so not a creative person so it amazes me to watch people create.

We have a webcomic artist over on our podcasting site and she started recording herself drawing and doing speed sketches and I watch then constantly.

You're very welcome Aggelos, I love watching things like this being created too, it's so awesome watching someone create something from the ground up that we usually just see the end result of and more often than not take for granted.

• 595 posts
    November 21, 2015 8:43 AM PST

Kilsin said:

Nikademis said:

Kilsin said:

They certainly were, I used to stay up until around 3-4am Aussie time to help moderate, join in and watch John spill the beans! lol ;)

Oh the beans...so many beans!

This post was edited by Nikademis at November 21, 2015 8:44 AM PST
    • 9115 posts
    November 21, 2015 4:35 PM PST

Nikademis said:

Kilsin said:

Nikademis said:

Kilsin said:

Oh the beans...so many beans!

Haha! :)

• 1281 posts
    November 22, 2015 6:10 PM PST

Would it be fair to say that when a company is getting the community involved with crowdfunding that streams would be more likely than when the company has private funding?

I think it also depends on how far into development you are. If you're just testing tools and playing around -streaming can be good. If you are at the point where you are implementing stuff you want kept secret -it can be harder to stream.

This post was edited by bigdogchris at November 22, 2015 6:11 PM PST
    • 9115 posts
    November 22, 2015 8:32 PM PST

bigdogchris said:

If you are at the point where you are implementing stuff you want kept secret -it can be harder to stream.

This is spot on, the further along we get with development the harder it is to show anything off without giving away huge spoilers, ruin marketing campaigns, giving competitors information on mechanics, features, allow media to critique us on unfinished/internal builds etc. so that is one reason why everything has slowed down but also because the team are really busy working hard on some much deeper and more intensive sections of the game and development, so taking time away from those things will delay pre-alpha and our development timeline, which we want to avoid if we can.