Forums » Pantheon Classes

Class & Their Armaments

• 149 posts
    November 17, 2015 5:51 PM PST

I am curious to the type of customization that we will be able to achieve, not just with spells/abilities, but with how we outfit our characters. What are the current armor/weapon restrictions for the various classes? Are they limited to a single armor type depending upon their masteries? If I buy/loot a sword as a mage, can I use it or will I have to stick to wands/staves/etc?

• 31 posts
    August 4, 2016 2:33 PM PDT

I was sitting and thinking about this myself recently as I plan to play an Enchanter and I immediately began to picture a life of one robe after another. As a squishy finger wiggler we normally end up with robes as our only option for gear if we also want decent stats. 

I  understand why my class  would not have the ability to loot a sword and use it or to wear plate but...  I think it would be a nice option to be able to pick a robe or separate legs and breast plate (they would still be cloth).  The robe and 2 part set could round out to similar stats but the robe could grey out the leg slot. The idea isn't to double up on stats but to allow the choice on how the stats are gained.

This could even be tied into the current idea of separate geared for separate situations. Maybe when you go into a dungeon it's more beneficial to wear the two-piece set, where if you're exploring overland maybe a robe would be more suitable, maybe it is dungeon, area or weather specific. They could then choose if the robe is more beneficial or possibly it's better to mix-and-match a pair of leggings and a top to achieve the desired stats/resist etc...

Giving casting classes this choice would not only result in the above-mentioned but also allow more unique characters and a feel of individuality. Not every Enchanter will be in a robe the whole time etc...

• 116 posts
    August 5, 2016 6:11 AM PDT

Aggelos said:

I am curious to the type of customization that we will be able to achieve, not just with spells/abilities, but with how we outfit our characters. What are the current armor/weapon restrictions for the various classes? Are they limited to a single armor type depending upon their masteries? If I buy/loot a sword as a mage, can I use it or will I have to stick to wands/staves/etc?

At this point there are only 3 Class descriptions , Cleric,Shaman and Rogue. I imagine the rest are still WiP.  Here is the description for the Cleric as an example.

Armor: Heavy Plate Armor, Plate-Woven Raiment

Weaponry: Clerics are schooled in several types of One-Handed Blunt weaponry. Most have discarded the use of staves in order to carry their large tomes into battle, the ancient books bursting with powerful signets, writs and edicts.

This post was edited by Oldtimer at August 5, 2016 6:15 AM PDT