Forums » The Cleric

Cleric - Creative Spell Wish List

    • 661 posts
    November 17, 2015 11:04 AM PST

    So for you creative people out there, what two spells do you think the Cleric should have to make them stand out?

     

    Here are my two (100% made up of course):

     

    1. Blighton's Aura - Cast an aura on you or your allies.  When the target takes any kind of damage, Aura is triggered, healing target for % over time and for % duration and then the aura ends.  Cannot be casted on same target while effect is triggered.

    * I thought this would be a unique spell that can be cast ahead of time to whoever and would be incredibly useful as heals.

     

    2. Mass of Purity - Transforms caster into a pure ball of holy light for a % duration, increasing movement speed by 30%, 15% health regen to group or allies, 15% mana regen to caster, and light radius by 40%

    * This could have a small cool down of course so it is not abused, but would create a cool utility and be a specialist during dark situations.

     

    What are some of your ideas?

    Pyye


    This post was edited by Pyye at November 17, 2015 11:06 AM PST
    • 42 posts
    December 14, 2015 1:04 PM PST

    I wouldn't be upset by either of these. I think the clerics ought to have a full aggro drop with a 1-hour cooldown on it, an "oh ****" button, if you will.

     

    Mostly, I want to see the clerics have options.

    • 419 posts
    April 19, 2016 3:00 AM PDT

    Seems like you will more or less get your first wish with the mention of a reactive heal being in the mix for clerics on the website, dont know if each shot will be a HoT though.  I loved using reactive heals as templar in EQ2, sadly they couldnt reactively heal the game...

    As a wish list.. 

    I am a big fan of Wards and would probably like to see them in the game, maybe as a specialty of another class tho, although giving the cleric some options and different ways on how they can achieve their success is cool, thinking about it now I think i am a big fan of not letting people lose HP's when i am a healer lol, instead of the other option of topping HP up when somone is getting low.  Though these types of heals tend to lend themselves towards making healing a bit less stressful which is good but at the same time I feel that it is important to make healing a relatively stressful role so it doesnt become to much of a back seat job and gives the extra talented healers amongst us an opportunity to shine instead of it being an easy ride *coughs* like the job of DPS *coughs* who said that?!

     

    • 316 posts
    April 28, 2016 5:12 AM PDT

    I did play an EQ cleric as an alt.  I loved Celestial Healing - thought it was so cool.

     

    I think Clerics should have a pre-triggered rezz spell.  Sort of like an aura - cast it on one party member and when they die, they automatically get rezzed.

     

     

    • 112 posts
    May 1, 2016 8:01 PM PDT

    How about a spell that causes a monster to become paralyzed with guilt and self loathing?  We could call it "CatholisKism".

     

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwVXkM_YxMg - Sound effect for it.

     


    This post was edited by Martell at May 1, 2016 8:07 PM PDT
    • 419 posts
    May 2, 2016 11:17 PM PDT

    Martell said:

    How about a spell that causes a monster to become paralyzed with guilt and self loathing?  We could call it "CatholisKism".

     

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LwVXkM_YxMg - Sound effect for it.

     

    LOL! Gold :)

    • 4 posts
    July 4, 2016 12:40 PM PDT

    I played an Inquisitor in EQ2 and I liked the Inquest spell line.  If I remember right you chose a single person to cast the buff on and for every successful attack it had a chance to proc and power drain which went to the Inquis. 

    There was a spell similar to that rez-aura that was mentioned ealrier called redemption that was useful too.  It didn't rez but when someone took a hit that would kill them it instead healed them and gave them extra hitpoints. 

     

    I love using reactives though and hope they are in game, I just started looking into this so I need to read up.

     

     

    • 13 posts
    July 12, 2016 5:44 PM PDT

    I loved Delayed Heals that came in later EQ expansions.  As a good cleric, I love switching between fast and slow heals for large and small amounts to manage both aggro and mana; but when I could cast 18s delayed full heal for content max health, I was in love with my class again.

    Should a delayed heal be for 200M health (slightly exagerated)? I'm ok with not have proper HoT spells as long as I have viable delayed heal spells so that my tank and I know he'll still be up in X seconds if I have to heal some who stepped in lava or broke mez.

    • 263 posts
    August 3, 2016 4:10 PM PDT

    I would like a self only heal when something hits me spell.

    • 7 posts
    August 19, 2016 11:05 PM PDT

    I played a peace cleric in Vanguard and two of my favorite abilties was  the self aggro drop and what I called the F-off button, which made a mob drop all aggro to you and your group (So long as you weren't within it's aggro hitbox and didn't hit it afterwards).  That made me feel particularly useful in a way that others couldn't.

    • 2129 posts
    November 4, 2016 7:12 AM PDT

    I would like to see clerics have an arsenal of auras:

    1. An aura that periodically heals an AOE for a small amount over a longer period of time, maybe even indefinitely. For example, 20hp every 10 seconds. Each individual tick is almost insignificant, but over time it definnitely adds up.

    2. Similar to #1, maybe even an aura that very slowly restores mana to party members within range.

    3. An aura that reduces incoming damage by ~5% to all party members within a certain radius. Again, fairly minor, but every little bit helps in the long run.

    4. An aura that increases melee attack speed and/or damage to party members.

    These auras help give the cleric a persona as a beacon of hope for the party. A cleric is someone whose very presence is comforting to the rest as their divinity is almost tangible. It would be important to differentiate this from a bard's inspiring songs. But I still think that holy auras of this type would be a very fun aspect of a cleric's kit. Furthermore, these auras would be toggled on/off for a small mana cost and would always be centered on the healer. Or perhaps as long as the aura is activated, it very slowly drains the cleric's mana. Either way, this would encourage the healer to be closer to the thick of battle and more engaged in the fight - to be more spacially aware of where they are in relation to the party and the mobs. Personally, I probably wouldn't actually engage in much melee combat - I would focus on "turtling" up in my plate armor and shield to protect myself, allowing my party members to reap maximum benefit from my auras.

    Idk if it would make sense for an aura or not, but I also like the idea of a cleric channelling a blinding light that causes enemies to miss their attacks more often.

    • 41 posts
    March 8, 2017 10:34 PM PST

    This is what I always wanted in EQ. 

    Aura of Hope - Place a holy symbol of cleansing light, reduces the dmg recieved from all sources by % as well as increasing health regeneration and mana regneration by %

    This symbol would mark a camp pretty much, once it's placed you would have to cancel that one to place another and is permanent, or until removed.

    And the health and mana regen don't have to be significant, for those who played EQ knows that every single 1 point of mana regen made a huge difference lol. But the numbers would be something like 10% dmg reduction and 5% health and mana regen, or 5 point mana and health regen. It's not a lot but like i said, would make a huge difference, and this would also mark a campground, so if your group wipes or has to flee, your camp doesn't get stolen, and is only active as long as you remain in the zone. or something a long those lines... IDK, I never really put a whole lot of thought into it. But it sounds cool lol.

    • 9 posts
    April 20, 2017 2:15 PM PDT

    I'd like a channeled spell called Blood Splatter or something like that.  It should require constant mana usage, and perhaps (although maybe taking it too far) be a background spell so you can cast quick other things while it's going, but what it does is target the enemy and damage people do to it heals whoever it's targeting.  I.e. the blood splatter from damage done to it heals the person it's attacking.  More people attacking means more healing, means more mana used.

    • 3 posts
    April 21, 2017 10:59 AM PDT

    I'd like to see Cleric have ability to have a quick rez during combat with maybe a cooldown period so it can't be used over and over in short succession.

    • 14 posts
    May 5, 2017 6:15 PM PDT

    cideus said:

    I'd like to see Cleric have ability to have a quick rez during combat with maybe a cooldown period so it can't be used over and over in short succession.

     

    id like to see in combat channeled res that have high threat while being cast , more like if someone dies the tank or crowd control player should protect teh healer during his channeling.

     

    the instant rez spells are fun but doesnt make sense that u can bring back people from the dead instantly but cant heal them the same.

    • 181 posts
    May 17, 2017 7:48 PM PDT

    Bazgrim said:

    I would like to see clerics have an arsenal of auras:

    1. An aura that periodically heals an AOE for a small amount over a longer period of time, maybe even indefinitely. For example, 20hp every 10 seconds. Each individual tick is almost insignificant, but over time it definnitely adds up.

    2. Similar to #1, maybe even an aura that very slowly restores mana to party members within range.

    3. An aura that reduces incoming damage by ~5% to all party members within a certain radius. Again, fairly minor, but every little bit helps in the long run.

    4. An aura that increases melee attack speed and/or damage to party members.

    These auras help give the cleric a persona as a beacon of hope for the party. A cleric is someone whose very presence is comforting to the rest as their divinity is almost tangible. It would be important to differentiate this from a bard's inspiring songs. But I still think that holy auras of this type would be a very fun aspect of a cleric's kit. Furthermore, these auras would be toggled on/off for a small mana cost and would always be centered on the healer. Or perhaps as long as the aura is activated, it very slowly drains the cleric's mana. Either way, this would encourage the healer to be closer to the thick of battle and more engaged in the fight - to be more spacially aware of where they are in relation to the party and the mobs. Personally, I probably wouldn't actually engage in much melee combat - I would focus on "turtling" up in my plate armor and shield to protect myself, allowing my party members to reap maximum benefit from my auras.

    Idk if it would make sense for an aura or not, but I also like the idea of a cleric channelling a blinding light that causes enemies to miss their attacks more often.

     

    Yes.  Love it.  Nothing overpowering, but fun and adds depth to the class.  Perhaps the effects are based on later specialization?