Forums » Pantheon Classes

What does your heart say to play at launch?

• 668 posts
    November 12, 2015 8:25 PM PST

For me, I am completely unsure thus far.  Plenty of time to think about it...  I find it ineresting that because no class can do it all in Pantheon, it makes you think about what support factor you want to provide others.

• 6 posts
    November 12, 2015 11:50 PM PST

It's hard to say when we don't know what races can be what classes but I'm hoping to play an Archai Warrior. A Gnome cleric I like too, a halfing rogue, elf ranger, and a Dark Myr wizard.

Archai Warrior because Archai are my favroite race from Pantheon, their lore is really cool to me, and to me they seem to be a much cooler, more badass barbarian race. I like that though they were slaves and all they seem to be pretty good people, to come out the other end so-to-speak but be positive. I'd also love to play a warrior class. Lastly after reading their lore, though they're bigger/stronger than humans/elves but not as say an ogre that they are still fast/quick/agile is something I find really neat. Having that same kind of build in real life, getting it from my dad and his dad and so forth just becase you're tall and stocky like doesn't mean you can't be quick on your feet etc. And I like to consider myself a good person who tries to do good things.

Gnome cleric because lore wise how their bodies are and how mechanical even scientific they are it would be interested to play a gnome cleric that is more belief/faith based rather than scientifical/mechanical. I mean how their bodies are, I could see some people not caring about the "Who" and more on the "What."

A halfing female Rogue tha has likes to stab things little to much, okay a lot to much would be fun. I mean yeah a big bag guy coming at you is scary, but some little child like halfing female giggling like a school girl as she stabs you to death giggling just seems fun.

Elf ranger, cause Elf ranger, nuff said hah.

Dark Myr wizard becuase how they were underwater creatures, no legs and all, I'd like to play a caster Myr because he/she wouldn't be agile on their feet, so wizard I think, a wizard stands still more, can teleport, blink or such would be an interesting angle and all.

But Those five interest me the most at the moment.

This post was edited by Kantan at November 13, 2015 1:20 AM PST
    • 83 posts
    November 13, 2015 2:08 AM PST

Dwarf shaman or dire lord

Ogre, since there's no trolls /sadface, shaman or dire lord

Dark Myr bard if/when unlocked or dire lord.

• 44 posts
    November 13, 2015 3:18 AM PST

Swashbuckler ! but since they are not in a Rogue i guess :)

• 154 posts
    November 13, 2015 12:38 PM PST

High Elf-Paladin or Summoner. All day ery day.

• 429 posts
    November 13, 2015 5:59 PM PST

Elf shaman , dark myr Druid . Archai shaman or Druid sounds good as well . 

• 126 posts
    November 14, 2015 3:56 AM PST

I am really torn. I like enchanters but also healer very much. If there is a true healing class aside cleric, then probably that one. If only cleric, then cleric, but my heart will bleed a bit. It is really difficult. 

The races are even more of a struggle because they are so awesome that I can't decide.

• 107 posts
    November 15, 2015 3:21 PM PST

I'm normally 100% Dire Lord, but I normally like to MT raids, so need to see if Warrior is primary tank or if the arch types are fairly equal in this aspect. Most definately tank class though. Here's hoping Dire Lord, but remaining cautious.

• 86 posts
    November 15, 2015 6:02 PM PST

I've got my heart set on Gnome Enchanter.

• 57 posts
    November 16, 2015 1:47 AM PST

It looks like halfling druid to me right now, but I feel like falling back to rogue if the druid turns out to be of the shapeshifting kind.

• 232 posts
    November 16, 2015 8:06 AM PST

My heart says to play an enchanter, which was my main from EQ1.  Not to be a pessimist, but I fully expect to be disappointed with the enchanter compared to what we knew from EQ1.  If that's the case, I'll probably switch over and play a warrior tank, as per usual.

• 52 posts
    November 16, 2015 5:47 PM PST

My choice is completely dependant on what roles my class is allowed to fill. I always play a plate wearing dps/dd class so i'm hoping that option exists here. I'll be pretty bumbed if it doesn't and will have to reevaluate eveything.

• 160 posts
    November 17, 2015 12:37 AM PST

My default is a cleric. But I am hoping something will pique my interest during beta.

• 46 posts
    November 17, 2015 5:01 AM PST

Never having played eq, are the the classes in Pantheon going to losely based on EQ class set of skills.

Sort of I have no idea which class was consdiered a Healer in EQ if they are I can go take a look.

Cheers

Tru

x

• 668 posts
    November 17, 2015 7:50 AM PST

Tuhart said:

Never having played eq, are the the classes in Pantheon going to losely based on EQ class set of skills.

Sort of I have no idea which class was consdiered a Healer in EQ if they are I can go take a look.

Cheers

Tru

x

Cleric was primary healer, Druid and Shaman were off heals with other utilities...

• 149 posts
    November 17, 2015 5:55 PM PST

Human Crusader. That is my go-to class/race combo. I know I am boring but I like to recreate myself in my MMORPGs so I go with humans (plus they have the widest arry of cultures/personalities of almost any race so you can run the gambit from Lawful Good to Chaotic Evil as a human whereas other races tend to stick to smaller subset of alignments) and I love my "holy warrior" archetype.

• 17 posts
    November 18, 2015 9:35 PM PST

Cleric, Bard, Monk, Ranger, all of them of course. Why limit your selection. Oh and before people blow a gasket I won't be boxing, I don't have the coordination for that.

• 5 posts
    November 24, 2015 2:02 PM PST

My heart is telling me too play as a skarr ranger because it seems fun to roleplay that.

This post was edited by Temudgjin at November 24, 2015 3:08 PM PST
    • 2419 posts
    November 25, 2015 4:59 PM PST

I always go for Shaman first, if that class exists.

• 75 posts
    November 27, 2015 7:10 PM PST

Human something.....i have never enjoyed my non-human characters as much.

Warrior/Crusader/Direlord/Ranger - but i am waiting to see how the crusader develops

Having said that....Archai.....:)

• 9 posts
    November 30, 2015 3:28 AM PST

I'm still holding out hope for some type of necromancer.  If they aren't available at launch, I have no idea.

• 781 posts
    November 30, 2015 9:54 AM PST

High Elf Cleric , Ogre Shaman, Gnome Summoner, Halfling Druid , Archai Dire Lord :)

This post was edited by Kelem at November 30, 2015 9:56 AM PST
    • 147 posts
    December 2, 2015 3:20 PM PST

Monk ~ Hoping race choice will be limited like EverQuest. 

• 384 posts
    December 5, 2015 8:01 AM PST

My heart is fickle. Small race enchanter, cleric or some hydrid.  :) it changes often. 

• 170 posts
    December 6, 2015 6:15 AM PST

Three characters starting with a SKAR - SHAMAN, ARCHAI - MONK and a DARK MYR - DIRE LORD if those combos are availible if not something too that effect. A GNOME - BARD if that class is availible since it's widely popular. And if this was a dream list a BEASTLORD specifically TROLL, HALFLING or ELF unless some new races make it in game since I know trolls aren't.

This post was edited by Abacda at December 6, 2015 6:16 AM PST