Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Bug Reporting Tools

• 39 posts
    October 27, 2015 9:17 PM PDT

I was curious if any thought has been given to what form bug reports will take.  Will they be strictly text based?  Will we be able to take a screenshot or video of the issue and attach it to the bug report in addition to text?  Alternatively could we setup some sort of logging and auto attach a log file of our last session when we issue a report?

Another useful measure would be a dedicated sub-form for testers to compile a list of known bugs / issues so that you aren't inundated with hundreds of copies of the same bug report.

-Baulkin

• 9115 posts
    October 28, 2015 2:16 AM PDT

Yes, we had a whole thread on this but it must have been swept up in the pre-2015 archive dump.

I put together a pretty comprehensive document for Daniel Krenn, our Technical Director and he then went ahead and made changes to an already awesome in-game bug reporting tool that takes screenshots, has a variety of toggle options and drop down menus, space to type out instructions, reproduction steps or descriptions, capture targeted mobs or NPCs information, location in the world etc.

It's pretty cool and should help us a lot with testing while also being much easier for you all to help log bugs/exploits etc. :)

• 1095 posts
    February 15, 2016 7:56 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Yes, we had a whole thread on this but it must have been swept up in the pre-2015 archive dump.

I put together a pretty comprehensive document for Daniel Krenn, our Technical Director and he then went ahead and made changes to an already awesome in-game bug reporting tool that takes screenshots, has a variety of toggle options and drop down menus, space to type out instructions, reproduction steps or descriptions, capture targeted mobs or NPCs information, location in the world etc.

It's pretty cool and should help us a lot with testing while also being much easier for you all to help log bugs/exploits etc. :)

Looking forward to this in testing.

• 66 posts
    February 15, 2016 9:36 PM PST

Am i the only one that is getting antsy with excitement at the prospect of finding and reporting bugs for the game i hope to call home?

• 96 posts
    February 15, 2016 9:47 PM PST

Furty said:

Am i the only one that is getting antsy with excitement at the prospect of finding and reporting bugs for the game i hope to call home?

You're definitely not the only one. There are many of us!!

• 1404 posts
    January 13, 2017 11:05 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Really glad to read this! Comming from the failed EQNext and now failed Landmark and having just reported a Bug in Everquest this last week where I got a mail from Daybreak instructing me to use the third party issue tracker to report bugs for everquest as well.

My responce to Daybreak was "No, I will not use a third party site. I instead choose to find another company to support."

Glad to hear with Pantheon bug tracking is staying in-house. Thats's important to me!

• 2130 posts
    January 13, 2017 11:08 PM PST

To be fair, the third party tracker for DBG is actually a pretty amazing fan-built tool that the developers themselves personally interface with.

That said, DBG is garbage and I will celebrate the day that company sinks.

• 97 posts
    January 14, 2017 12:07 AM PST

Liav said:

To be fair, the third party tracker for DBG is actually a pretty amazing fan-built tool that the developers themselves personally interface with.

That said, DBG is garbage and I will celebrate the day that company sinks.

I guit playing EQ a month ago.  I like reading forums and the way their boards are moderated was disgraceful.  It is nice to have Kilsin here.  He is knowledgeable about the game, engaging with the base, and maintains a positive atmosphere.  Hopefully we dont break his spirit. 

You can report all the bugs you want, but if the devs don't act on them, players will turn negative.  On Phinny before Christmas, defiant gear made it's way to server via a claim bug, which had been reported months earlier. 

• 2130 posts
    January 14, 2017 12:21 AM PST

Gragorie said:

I guit playing EQ a month ago.  I like reading forums and the way their boards are moderated was disgraceful.  It is nice to have Kilsin here.  He is knowledgeable about the game, engaging with the base, and maintains a positive atmosphere.  Hopefully we dont break his spirit.

You can report all the bugs you want, but if the devs don't act on them, players will turn negative.  On Phinny before Christmas, defiant gear made it's way to server via a claim bug, which had been reported months earlier. 

Oh yes, I know. Half my guild was suspended as a result of that incident.

RadarX and Roshen are honestly pretty terrible people, as well as extremely biased moderators. They equate criticism of poor moderation practices with trolling and suspend/ban people from their forums left and right while making sure to leave a small number of actual trolls free to do whatever they like as long as they stroke DBG in the right places.

I'm getting kind of off topic here but yeah, this forum is far superior and I hope it remains that way. I'm also glad to hear that we'll have a detailed suite of bug reporting tools available inside the game itself.

• 3016 posts
    January 14, 2017 1:52 PM PST

Kilsin said:

Great to hear, Kilsin  looking forward to testing. :)