Forums » The Gnomes

Char Creation

• 1963 posts
    October 27, 2015 7:23 PM PDT
    I dont know how in depth Pantheon's char creation will be but Im hoping it will prettybin depth. That being said most races will have different changes and adjustments in character creation. I envision Gnomes having different masks with tribal markings/paints to choose from. Just something Ive been thinking about. /random thoughts
    • 268 posts
    March 13, 2016 1:30 PM PDT

Amsai said:tribal markings/paints

Spirits agree. No know how it became fashion, gnomes looking cute, acting civilised. Grew up with shaman's books, read gnomes pagan and tribal. Harmless alone, nasty in biiig numbers. No te-ko-no-logy (stoopid hooman words), no high culture either. Worship tiny gods, stay close to den and act mean. Hoomans confoosed i think.

• 22 posts
    March 18, 2016 11:57 AM PDT

Aenra's Gnome sounds more like a Goblin in my opinion. 

I'm also curious how character creation for the Gnomes will go. The lore seems neat but I'm not sure a disembodied character will give me the customization options I want. Masks don’t appeal to me. Perhaps there could be options for not wearing one and just having a face and body that is translucent but with features that are adjustable/customizable. 

• 53 posts
    March 21, 2016 12:35 PM PDT

Lizelle said:

Masks don’t appeal to me. Perhaps there could be options for not wearing one and just having a face and body that is translucent but with features that are adjustable/customizable. 

If you watch the stream, the item slots indicate a mask. I'm assuming this can the mask we see in the concept art but the body will be more like a Cortana hologram from Halo.

• 268 posts
    March 21, 2016 1:24 PM PDT

Lizelle said:

Aenra's Gnome sounds more like a Goblin in my opinion. 

My apologies for missing your post. While my way of expressing my opinion may have added to your impression, the fact is that gnomes were not typically portrayed (in literature) as particularly civilised, enlightened or advanced in the social or scientific factor. Definitely having a more structured societal form than goblins since you mention them, definitely not as aggressive, at least if outside their tribal territory. But no way near a level of 'advancement' that some at least imagine(d) them to be. As hinted above, while i am fully aware of "where" this.. recent trend has originated (and most importantly, where it was pretty much solidified)?

Am not much of a 'trends' person. Sorry :) 

If, and their right of course, others are fine with this, props to them of course; end of the day, no one said we cannot change how a race is depicted.

This post was edited by Aenra at March 21, 2016 1:25 PM PDT
    • 2036 posts
    September 11, 2016 10:01 AM PDT

Aenra said:

Amsai said:tribal markings/paints

Spirits agree. No know how it became fashion, gnomes looking cute, acting civilised. Grew up with shaman's books, read gnomes pagan and tribal. Harmless alone, nasty in biiig numbers. No te-ko-no-logy (stoopid hooman words), no high culture either. Worship tiny gods, stay close to den and act mean. Hoomans confoosed i think.

I always thought gnomes had more intellect than that...after all they were tinkerers and inventors of practical, almost magical things (underwater breathing devices and such).

Cana

• 7 posts
    June 2, 2017 7:30 PM PDT

I'm curious as to how armor graphics will work for Gnomes, assuming main slot armors are reflected on your actual player model.

• 1522 posts
    June 2, 2017 8:08 PM PDT

Amsai said: I dont know how in depth Pantheon's char creation will be but Im hoping it will prettybin depth. That being said most races will have different changes and adjustments in character creation. I envision Gnomes having different masks with tribal markings/paints to choose from. Just something Ive been thinking about. /random thoughts

Just give me a Guy Fawkes mask and I will be happy.

• 2036 posts
    June 3, 2017 9:29 AM PDT

Also forgot to mention that I have been hoping that Gnomes get choices of face masks..that also later on ingame there are mask drops that have stats,  different designs,  as Amsai mentioned.   Could be masks according to faction..the "good" gnomes,  the "evil" gnomes...

• 2250 posts
    June 3, 2017 1:14 PM PDT

CanadinaXegony said:

Also forgot to mention that I have been hoping that Gnomes get choices of face masks..that also later on ingame there are mask drops that have stats,  different designs,  as Amsai mentioned.   Could be masks according to faction..the "good" gnomes,  the "evil" gnomes...

I don't know if it's just the lighting, but in the third screenshot in this thread, the gnome mask looks different from the ones we've seen in the past:

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/6364/tower-of-the-reckless-magician-screenshots

I have no doubt that there'll be a variety of colors. It probably takes them 10 seconds to give it a different tint. I can't think of a reason for every gnome in Terminus to have the exact same gold mask.