Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pledge Upgrades

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    October 26, 2015 6:59 PM PDT

In addition to everything that Kilsin has said, I want to say two things:

1. Kilsin and other team members are working very hard to clean up this mess, to come up with what the pledges should be, to get you guys the info you need, etc.  

2. The entire pledge thing has been an absolute mess from inception (kickstarter) up until recently.  We just didn't have the time and resources to clean it up properly, but we do now.  But even with that excuse, the entire thing just stinks.  And the buck stops here.  I sincerely apologize for what a mess it's been and how long it's taken us to start a real clean-up and re-organization.  The team, especially over the last year, has been doing their best, but finally we're in a position where we can control the website, query the information, and really make a solid effort at cleaning up and organizing and communicating effectively with all of you who want simply to support us and help Pantheon become a reality.  So you should see things get a lot better pretty quickly now, but again, I want to sincerely apologize for even allowing it to become the mess it did :(

This post was edited by Aradune at October 26, 2015 7:00 PM PDT
    • 4 posts
    October 26, 2015 7:51 PM PDT

Any news on getting my pledge info ported over from the old site?  I still says I pledge nothing here;/

PS - Congratulations on seed funding and I hope there is much more in the future.

• 9115 posts
    October 26, 2015 9:53 PM PDT

Crusader said:

Any news on getting my pledge info ported over from the old site?  I still says I pledge nothing here;/

PS - Congratulations on seed funding and I hope there is much more in the future.

This is still the same site mate, just a different layout, so we still have the same issues with displaying that information, we can see it on our end but can't link it to show you until we make the move to the new vBulletin site, which will hopefully be over the next month or two and as per my previous posts, if you have any serious concerns or wish to know your pledge information, please lodge a support ticket and we will do our best to help you as soon as possible.

Thank you! It has given us a very nice boost which has helped us out a lot! :)

We will have more information on the pledges and subscriptions hopefully soon, as Brad stated, we are working very hard to organise them so we can reward our loyal supporters and set it up more efficiently for ongoing management.

Thank you for your continued patience :)

• October 27, 2015 6:58 AM PDT

Aradune said:

1. Kilsin and other team members are working very hard to clean up this mess, to come up with what the pledges should be, to get you guys the info you need, etc.  

2. The entire pledge thing has been an absolute mess from inception (kickstarter) up until recently.  We just didn't have the time and resources to clean it up properly, but we do now.  But even with that excuse, the entire thing just stinks.  And the buck stops here.  I sincerely apologize for what a mess it's been and how long it's taken us to start a real clean-up and re-organization.  The team, especially over the last year, has been doing their best, but finally we're in a position where we can control the website, query the information, and really make a solid effort at cleaning up and organizing and communicating effectively with all of you who want simply to support us and help Pantheon become a reality.  So you should see things get a lot better pretty quickly now, but again, I want to sincerely apologize for even allowing it to become the mess it did :(

Nicely done, Aradune.  I appreciate the honesty and the determination in your post.

• 366 posts
    November 11, 2015 10:19 AM PST

Aradune said:

I did not want to create a thread for this, so I am  posting my suggestion here :

I was talking to a friend on vent about how he is going to get Pantheon for Christmas. Kilsin and yourself had mentioned that the pledges/upgrades will be tweaked again and I was wondering if this will happen before Christmas.  If this hasn't been thought of I would gently nudge VRI to look at pledges soon. 

Christmas (or other holidays for those practicing)  is great for us gamers - it gives the the excuse to buy a game/upgrade/item for ourselves, or a loved one buy one for us, or to buy the game for a friend/relative.  I know for myself every year my husband asks if there is a game I would like for Christmas.

This post was edited by Zarriya at November 11, 2015 10:20 AM PST
    • 12 posts
    November 15, 2017 10:54 PM PST

Question for Kilsin

I pledged the 300.00 Advisors Pledge during the Kickstarter.  When i look at my subscription on the web page it states

The plan you are currently subscribed to is: Adviser's Pledge
    You are currently paying: One-time fee of $300.00

There is nothing here showing me it is a Kickstarter Pledge, differentiating it from the Post feb 2014 pledges. Can there be more clarity here?

Thanks for all you folks do.

This post was edited by Thump at November 16, 2017 9:25 PM PST
    • 3852 posts
    November 16, 2017 7:58 AM PST

All efforts are appreciated - making the game good enough to attract more positive attention and pledges and seed money was self-evidently the number one priority. It is a good sign that you can afford to divert attention to less important things like improving the site and rartionalizing the pledge system. Not unimportant and you should do it but less important.

• 12 posts
    November 16, 2017 8:14 AM PST

dorotea said:

All efforts are appreciated - making the game good enough to attract more positive attention and pledges and seed money was self-evidently the number one priority. It is a good sign that you can afford to divert attention to less important things like improving the site and rartionalizing the pledge system. Not unimportant and you should do it but less important.

Not sure what statement you are making here, but since the last update to this thread was 2 years ago, perhaps some clarity is due.

• 3016 posts
    November 16, 2017 2:00 PM PST

dorotea said:

Well I think its good that they sorted this whole thing out...next thing needed is a better site..for future testing.   There were some ups and downs over the years, as they got their feet under them,  changes in staff...lore and all that.    Being clear on what pledges came from whom, and details of those pledges as they stand currently today,  is also important,  not only to VR but to the rest of us..so we all know where we stand for money paid.  :) And is no less important than getting the game ready.  :)

Cana

• 1714 posts
    November 16, 2017 2:14 PM PST

Thump said:

Question for Kislin

I pledged the 300.00 Advisors Pledge during the Kickstarter.  When i look at my subscription on the web page it states

The plan you are currently subscribed to is: Adviser's Pledge
    You are currently paying: One-time fee of $300.00

There is nothing here showing me it is a Kickstarter Pledge, differentiating it from the Post feb 2014 pledges. Can there be more clarity here?

Thanks for all you folks do.

This has been answered multiple times in this thread. It's a mess right now and the website does not correctly reflect all of the posisble pledge levels that people have. They are working on it. 

• 3852 posts
    November 16, 2017 3:11 PM PST

>Not sure what statement you are making here, but since the last update to this thread was 2 years ago, perhaps some clarity is due.<

I am making the statement that although I noticed the post before mine was recent I overlooked that the post before that was 2 years old ((blush)).

This post was edited by dorotea at November 16, 2017 3:22 PM PST
    • 12 posts
    November 16, 2017 9:24 PM PST

Just a update folks,

I received a response from Kilsin and it appears the issue will remain until the migration to a new board system is complete. It cannot be resolved on the current board.

Once again i am impressed by the way questions are handled by Kilsin, he is a real asset to VR.  And yes Krixus it has been addressed multiple times in the thread, however with the thread 2 years old there was no movement, thats why i asked again.

Now i know not to expect any change till the new board system is in place.

Cant wait to explore the game with you all.

Thank you again Kilsin

• 1714 posts
    November 17, 2017 12:50 PM PST

Thump said:

Just a update folks,

I received a response from Kilsin and it appears the issue will remain until the migration to a new board system is complete. It cannot be resolved on the current board.

Once again i am impressed by the way questions are handled by Kilsin, he is a real asset to VR.  And yes Krixus it has been addressed multiple times in the thread, however with the thread 2 years old there was no movement, thats why i asked again.

Thank you again Kilsin

Of course it can, they are choosing not to. It has nothing to do with "the board". They aren't prioritizing the work right now. 

• 9115 posts
    November 17, 2017 3:29 PM PST

Thump said:

Just a update folks,

Thank you again Kilsin

You're very welcome my friend :)