Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pledge Upgrades

• 9115 posts
    October 16, 2015 2:53 AM PDT

Dreconic said:

Asharam said:

A question... i have been paying 50 dollars monthly for 9 months now for the cohorts pledge.  Next month will be my last payment.  Since i am making the last payment next month will i not get the lifetime subscription benefit since technically i am hitting the 500 dollars after you switched the lifetime subs off the pledges?  Or will i still get the original cohorts pledge that i originally started paying for?  I'd honestly be sorta annoyed if i didn't get the lifetime sub after putting in that kind of money as that was one of the biggest perks of going to that kind of tier pledge.  Won't stop me from playing the game or being excited for it though ^.^

I hope it counts when you started it, not when you end it as you selected that one to start from. The only time it would change is if you say decided now to keep giving 50 bucks a month and went up to say consultants pledge at 600. 

I wonder how many people after hitting the money they meant, will keep sending money but not actually upgrade the tier? Not grandfathering in some of the lower tier stuff into the higher tier if someone choose to keep giving could cost VR money. I understand keeping track of it all must already be crazy confusing... 

Sadly reminds me of my cable tv provider, "OH you want to upgrade to get NFL channel, will that is in our new sports Extra package. However when you upgrade to it you will lose your sprout TV, teen nick and Disney JR." <---- yes that really happened to me, ended up paying about 35 more a month to get all the channels both my kids and I wanted :(

No one should continue payments for any reason, as they should receive a message when the payments cease at the end of the payment plan, so I do not see why this would be an issue? Consultant's pledge does not exist anymore and hasn't for a very long time mate. So it's $500 Cohort's then $1,000 Originator's pledge, but once you reach the end of your payment plan, it stops. The user would have to restart it if they wanted to keep going towards another pledge.

We honour all prior pledge purchases with the content that was on offer at that time and we have record of dates/times everything was purchased/started. If someone wishes to upgrade or change to a new pledge, then they will, of course, lose that previous pledge with all of its contents and gain anything on offer in the new pledge, nothing will be carried over because it doesn't exist anymore and was a one time offer!

We are nothing like a cable company mate, we are very up front and offer these pledges and bonuses for our loyal community member so you can all help us create something special while enjoying some pretty cool rewards in the process, but no one is forced to purchase anything and if they do choose to help support us, we appreciate it a lot and we honour it. :)

• 9115 posts
    October 16, 2015 2:54 AM PDT

Asharam said:

Thanks for the response, and yeah i was just asking because i wasn't sure exactly how it worked with the monthly payment tiers.  Thanks for clearing that up though : )

You're very welcome Ashram and thank you for the support :)

• 318 posts
    October 16, 2015 4:04 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

No one should continue payments for any reason, as they should receive a message when the payments cease at the end of the payment plan, so I do not see why this would be an issue? Consultant's pledge does not exist anymore and hasn't for a very long time mate. So it's $500 Cohort's then $1,000 Originator's pledge, but once you reach the end of your payment plan, it stops. The user would have to restart it if they wanted to keep going towards another pledge.

We honour all prior pledge purchases with the content that was on offer at that time and we have record of dates/times everything was purchased/started. If someone wishes to upgrade or change to a new pledge, then they will, of course, lose that previous pledge with all of its contents and gain anything on offer in the new pledge, nothing will be carried over because it doesn't exist anymore and was a one time offer!

We are nothing like a cable company mate, we are very up front and offer these pledges and bonuses for our loyal community member so you can all help us create something special while enjoying some pretty cool rewards in the process, but no one is forced to purchase anything and if they do choose to help support us, we appreciate it a lot and we honour it. :)

I don't know. This policy has always seemed sort of backwards to me. You should not lose your existing rewards when you upgrade tiers. This is basically penalizing your backers for donating more money.

I would really feel bad for anyone who doesn't know that this is the policy and gets screwed over by this. Without naming any names, there are other crowd funded games in development right now that allow upgrades without losing your kickstarter rewards.

Allowing upgrades, without losing your existing rewards, just seems like a win win for everyone. VR gets more money, and the original backers from kickstarter still have a reason to donate towards funding the game.

If nothing else, you should atleast consider having add-on purchases that you can buy without losing your original package.

This post was edited by Wellspring at October 16, 2015 5:18 AM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    October 16, 2015 5:25 AM PDT

Wellspring said:

Kilsin said:

I don't know. This policy has always seemed sort of backwards to me. You shouldn't lose your existing rewards when you upgrade tiers. I would really feel bad for anyone who doesn't know this is the policy and gets screwed over by this. Without naming any names, there are other crowd funded games in development right now that allow upgrades without losing your kickstarter rewards.

Allowing upgrades, without losing your existing rewards, just seems like a win win for everyone. VR gets more money, and the original backers from kickstarter still have a reason to donate towards funding the game.

If nothing else, you should atleast consider having add-on purchases that you can buy without losing your original package.

Upgrading is the keyword mate, in most pledges you gain a couple of additional items on top of what the previous pledge had to offer, but not in all cases, so if you got a few additional items, that would be classified as an upgrade, but some of the older pledges contain items or rewards that we no longer give out, so changing from a pledge with old rewards linked only to that pledge at that specific date of purchase to a completely new one is like upgrading from your current smartphone to a new one, not everything is identical and you don't keep the screen, buttons or cpu from the previous smartphone to bring along for your new smartphone, you leave that phone behind in its entirety and move onto the next one, which is in most cases, better (bad example but you get the picture). That is how our pledges work.

If we considered add-ons again we would have to go ahead and set the store backup, the one that our community asked us to close! Pledges are a bonus/reward for supporting us, they are not a bargaining tool or something to be collected and swapped around until nearly every perk is included, we want them to be different and special to the people who purchase them, so making people choose one pledge should be a careful decision and one you are happy with, if you change your mind, by all means switch pledges but you will have to leave all the rewards of that previous pledge behind and now take on all the new rewards included with the new pledge, most of which are the same plus more, but excluding items that will hurt us in the long run, like $1 subs etc.

I hope that makes more sense Wandidar, we are trying to be a fair as possible, but we have to also be realistic and be smart with our business. I hope you can understand this mate. We love you guys and want to reward you without shooting ourselves in the foot at the same time! :) 

• 318 posts
    October 16, 2015 6:26 AM PDT

I totally understand where you're coming from and it does make sense. I think we all want what's best for the game.

My issue stems from the fact that the way the crowd funding is setup, there is no progression for backers once you own a package. If you own a package that you like, there is no incentive to pay more to help the game development. For the next 2 years, you can't give any more money or you risk losing your current pledge package rewards. It shouldn't cut off like that imho.

Instead of phones, I think of it like if you are a character in a game and you've earned all of this gear, but then to get any more gear you have to wipe all of your character's current gear, even your epic pieces that are no longer in the game. No one is going to want to do that.

Maybe upgrading pledge packages isn't the right method, but my point is I think there should be some incentive for original backers to be able to continue to help fund the game. I know you have an angel investors now, but I imagine money raised from crowd funding is still dollar for dollar more valuable, due to no strings being attached.

And I wasn't suggesting reintroducing a cash shop that sold in-game items like before. But simply a way to purchase rewards from packages that are already being offered. Like if you were in the $100 tier, and you wanted to join the developer's guild, but didn't want to lose your current perks. The option to pay a premium to add that reward without losing your current pledge package. But yeah, I do understand what you mean about wanting the pledge packages to be unique and not swapping around.

In the end, I do think you should try to find a way for existing backers to still want to contribute money, even if it's not something I've suggested. The faster the game gets funded, the faster it gets built, and the sooner everyone can play! :)

This post was edited by Wellspring at October 16, 2015 7:48 AM PDT
    • 671 posts
    October 16, 2015 8:17 AM PDT

Wellspring said:

I totally understand where you're coming from and it does make sense. I think we all want what's best for the game.

My issue stems from the fact that the way the crowd funding is setup, there is no progression for backers once you own a package. If you own a package that you like, there is no incentive to pay more to help the game development. For the next 2 years, you can't give any more money or you risk losing your pledge package rewards. It shouldn't cut off like that imho.

Instead of phones, I think of it like if you are a character in a game and you've earned all of this gear, but then to get any more gear you have to wipe all of your character's current gear, even your epic pieces that are no longer in the game. No one is going to want to do that.

Maybe upgrading pledge packages isn't the right method, but my point is I think there should be some incentive for original backers to be able to continue to help fund the game. I know you have an angel investors now, but I imagine money raised from crowd funding is still dollar for dollar more valuable, due to no strings being attached.

And I wasn't suggesting reintroducing a cash shop that sold in-game items like before. But simply a way to purchase perks from packages that are already being offered. Like if you were in the $100 tier, and you wanted to join the developer's guild, but didn't want to lose your current perks. The option to pay a premium to add that reward without losing your current pledge package. But yeah, I do understand what you mean about wanting the pledge packages to be unique and not swapping around.

In the end, I do think you should try to find a way for existing backers to still want to contribute money, even if it's not something I've suggested. The faster the game gets funded, the faster it gets built, and the sooner everyone can play! :)

100% This^

I have been wanting to upgrade for nearly 9 months. I have openly stated this, but had no way of doing it. I was told to keep waiting for a new website, so that I can upgrade.

Only recently has it been explained that "subscriptions" add to your over-all donations, and the total amount given is actually you over-all Pledge. Why, or how I would loose my previous benefits, for giving more is wrong. It is frustrating, because I would've locked-in before they made all those Pledge changes, but Kilsin keeps telling me (personally) to wait.. as if VR doesn't need/want my money. All the while.. the tiers have changed.

I was so confused back then, that I just offered to privately send a big check to Brad. But was laughed at... so I left this project for a long while.. frustrated at not being taken seriously as a customer. It is still frustrating to be left out & unable to spend without fear of loosing what you have, or with certainty. Yet we are told to keep waiting..

IMO.. Money (Pledges & Upgrades) should always be taken seriously and handled with respect. Something needs to be done here, as NOTHING has been done about it in over a year.. & needs urgent attention.

This post was edited by Hieromonk at October 16, 2015 8:24 AM PDT
    • 430 posts
    October 16, 2015 8:48 AM PDT
    Having the cartographers pledge from last year , which gave me all the perks I wanted ( digital copy , map ect ect ect ) . I was planning to subscribe to the monthly , but knowing I will lose the map or digital copy or anything else keeps me from doing just that !!!!! Agree with wellspring seems backwards . I do understand why the changes were made and I'm certain the VR team will do what's best for pantheon .
    • 9115 posts
    October 16, 2015 9:00 AM PDT

Hieromonk said:

Wellspring said:

My issue stems from the fact that the way the crowd funding is setup, there is no progression for backers once you own a package. If you own a package that you like, there is no incentive to pay more to help the game development. For the next 2 years, you can't give any more money or you risk losing your pledge package rewards. It shouldn't cut off like that imho.

And I wasn't suggesting reintroducing a cash shop that sold in-game items like before. But simply a way to purchase perks from packages that are already being offered. Like if you were in the $100 tier, and you wanted to join the developer's guild, but didn't want to lose your current perks. The option to pay a premium to add that reward without losing your current pledge package. But yeah, I do understand what you mean about wanting the pledge packages to be unique and not swapping around.

100% This^

I have been wanting to upgrade for nearly 9 months. I have openly stated this, but had no way of doing it. I was told to keep waiting for a new website, so that I can upgrade.

Only recently has it been explained that "subscriptions" add to your over-all donations, and the total amount given is actually you over-all Pledge. Why, or how I would loose my previous benefits, for giving more is wrong. It is frustrating, because I would've locked-in before they made all those Pledge changes, but Kilsin keeps telling me (personally) to wait.. as if VR doesn't need/want my money. All the while.. the tiers have changed.

I was so confused back then, that I just offered to privately send a big check to Brad. But was laughed at... so I left this project for a long while.. frustrated at not being taken seriously as a customer. It is still frustrating to be left out & unable to spend without fear of loosing what you have, or with certainty. Yet we are told to keep waiting..

IMO.. Money (Pledges & Upgrades) should always be taken seriously and handled with respect. Something needs to be done here, as NOTHING has been done about it in over a year.. & needs urgent attention.

We take the pledges very seriously, as you can tell by the numerous tweaks and changes that we have made to them over the course of development and the amount of support that the team and myself provide for them!

If you would like to donate more than $3,000 we have an email link and message to contact us at the bottom of the pledge page mate, so the team can work something out. There has always been the option to subscribe to multiple subscription models to build your accounts pool over time, ranging from $5/month to $1,000/month or purchase a pledge outright, this has not changed. What we tried to add was a PayPal widget that allowed you to donate freely to your account pool but it would not work with Social Engine, so we have been stuck with this system for a long time now and we are going to try and add something similar on the new forums under vBulletin. I agree this system is not ideal and we are looking to try and make it easier for you all to upgrade.

I suggested to you, that if you wanted a pledge, that you should purchase it now (this was back around March 2015) as they were subject to change, which is the same advice I give everyone because I don't want people holding back and missing out if they have their heart set on a certain pledge and are in the position to purchase it or pay it off over time. I also directed you towards Brad with a donation of that size as I had no control or authority to make those types of deals, were you able to message him? I am sure he would love to hear from you if you are interested in donating more.

If you have any issues with pledges, please submit a support ticket and we will do our best to help you mate :)

• 511 posts
    October 16, 2015 9:01 AM PDT

Kilsin, I was not trying to say that VR is like a cable company. I know VR is doing what they can, to the best of their abilities, cant say the same for my Craptastic comcast company...

That being said, I think more people would donate more money if they didn't lose their 1$ lifetime. Seems like stuff could be itemized to make it so people can keep their original tiers but buy the extra's they want. For example, lets take the highest tier, assuming your tier doesn't have one of these items you can create each item as a single purchasable item to be tacked on to the donors overall "gift" package prices are just made up to show value of items not in the current lowest pledge pack Knight's::

• Game Item: Ring of the Fallen - $50
    • Name appears in game credits - $100
    • 5 item renaming vouchers - $50
    • 3 months game subscription - $40
    • 6 months game subscription - $70
    • 1 year game subscription - $150
    • Lifetime Game Subscription - $500
    • Invite to founder's guild - $100
    • Digital Lore and Art Book - $150
    • In game Ascendant's nameplate - $80
    • Physical Item: Celestius Cloth Map - $100
    • Physical Item: Postcard From Team - $100
    • Pre-Alpha Tester Access* - $150 (Includes Tester credit and tester forum tag)
    • Tester credit in game credits - $150 (Includes Tester credit and tester forum tag)
    • Tester forum tag - $150 (Includes Tester credit and tester forum tag)
    • Limited Edition Framed Print - $1,000
    • Design dungeon or raid with design team - $5,000

That right there with those numbers is 7.6k additional. Might want to make some of the prices lower as you don't want the sum of the parts to be less than the whole but you get what I am trying to say. With something like this I would give an extra 300-500 to boost my 6 month sub to a lifetime. Under the current structure, that is not possible.

• 25 posts
    October 16, 2015 9:31 AM PDT

There needs to be a way for people who pledged previously to see what they're entitled to if their package no longer exists.

I did the Cartographer's Pledge, for example, but from what I can see that isn't offered anymore. I remember specifically it offered Alpha access and the cloth map which were my 2 main wants.

• 179 posts
    October 16, 2015 10:07 AM PDT

• 999 posts
    October 16, 2015 12:05 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Upgrading is the keyword mate, in most pledges you gain a couple of additional items on top of what the previous pledge had to offer, but not in all cases, so if you got a few additional items, that would be classified as an upgrade.

If we considered add-ons again we would have to go ahead and set the store backup, the one that our community asked us to close! Pledges are a bonus/reward for supporting us, they are not a bargaining tool or something to be collected and swapped around until nearly every perk is included, we want them to be different and special to the people who purchase them.

Kilsin,

With all due respect, it isn't an upgrade if you lose previous tier rewards.  Now, with some of the older pledges it was Knight's Pledge + items, for the next tier up, etc and your "upgrade" statement makes sense.  However, if I'm understanding you correctly, those that have pledged before the shop change don't have a reason to pledge additionally if previous tier rewards are lost - unless I'm misunderstanding completely.

I'll use myself as an example.  I went with the Pathfinder's Pledge at the Kickstarter and transferred it here for the $1 Lifetime Sub and there's no reason for me at this point to pledge any more money if I lose that perk from "upgrading."  Your example of upgrading a smartphone is a perfect example.  Verizon tells you they are "upgrading" you to a better plan with a new phone, but in actuality are charging in 2, 4, 6, 10+ gigabit data increments and you are losing your unlimited data plan unless you buy the phone at face (full value) without Verizon's discounted rate.  So, until Verizon completely cancels the unlimited data plan option from being grandfathered in (much like the old pledges), I won't "upgrade" my plan.  

I have high respect for the current development team and you especially as you know, and I know you all aren't intentionally trying to be shady - but that's a terrible model to follow.  There's no reason that once the technology allows for it in the new pledge shop/forums that someone who has pledged 250 dollars (such as me) under the previous rewards should be punished for pledging any additional money.  It makes absolutely zero sense to lose a chance at receiving additional funding when the rewards that were previously detrimental to a subscription model such as a lifetime subscription are gone.  Receiving additional crowdfunding at this point can only help with development.  There should be an option included to donate anywhere from $1 to infinity.

One last note that I saw under the pledge tiers is a lot of the in-game items are back in (Explorer's backback, Tunic of the Planes, Ring of the Fallen, etc.).  I saw that the Sprinter's Boots are gone, which was my main concern, but I hope most of those items are purely cosmetic instead of game-changing - the explorer's backpack especially.  One of the most difficult parts of early EQ was inventory management, and obtaining my first backpack was a big deal.

• 148 posts
    October 16, 2015 12:06 PM PDT

Anytime this subject has come up it's been stated that your monthly sub totals into your pledge level and that if you want a higher pledge without paying basically double to select a pledge tier lower to add to your total as well. It has also been constantly stated to wait for the new site for proper pledge upgrades. We still don't have a proper pledge upgrade system though that seems like it may come with the new forums.

But I agree that there is little to no reason for an early backer to increase their pledge level, which seems ridiculous. The constant changing of what rewards are in what tiers is also quite offsetting to be honest, as it gives off the impression that these things are just played with on a whim - even if thats not the case that is how it comes off. The pledge tiers and rewards should have been throughly thought out and once put up left alone. It's fine to add things to tiers or add new tiers, but to take things away from tiers is just wrong. Yes you will still get everything that tier had when you pledged for it, but that isn't really the point. Some people may have been counting on the monthly sub or other increases to slowly get them to the tier they really wanted, only to have the items moved further up in cost or gone all together.

The above image is from the kickstarter and the one below is from sometime last year. Compare these with the current offerings.

The apprentice developer forum subscription is also not what it was originally intended to be, and never was. Those parts of the forums aren't really used anymore and originally there was suppose to be a regular meeting between apprentice developers and the actual developers to discuss things - this never happened either.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not stating this to simply complain or bad mouth anyone, but I think the whole pledge system needs to be fixed and that when a lot of people are all asking for the same thing (a way to pledge any amount $1 - $1000) that needs to be added. No idea what system you're using for the pledges but any store plugin, and especially paypal, should easily allow this.

• 671 posts
    October 16, 2015 11:52 PM PDT

Kilsin said:

Hieromonk said:

Wellspring said:

100% This^

We take the pledges very seriously, as you can tell by the numerous tweaks and changes that we have made to them over the course of development and the amount of support that the team and myself provide for them!

If you would like to donate more than $3,000 we have an email link and message to contact us at the bottom of the pledge page mate, so the team can work something out. There has always been the option to subscribe to multiple subscription models to build your accounts pool over time, ranging from $5/month to $1,000/month or purchase a pledge outright, this has not changed. What we tried to add was a PayPal widget that allowed you to donate freely to your account pool but it would not work with Social Engine, so we have been stuck with this system for a long time now and we are going to try and add something similar on the new forums under vBulletin. I agree this system is not ideal and we are looking to try and make it easier for you all to upgrade.

I suggested to you, that if you wanted a pledge, that you should purchase it now (this was back around March 2015) as they were subject to change, which is the same advice I give everyone because I don't want people holding back and missing out if they have their heart set on a certain pledge and are in the position to purchase it or pay it off over time. I also directed you towards Brad with a donation of that size as I had no control or authority to make those types of deals, were you able to message him? I am sure he would love to hear from you if you are interested in donating more.

If you have any issues with pledges, please submit a support ticket and we will do our best to help you mate :)

Kilsin,

I do not think you are understanding the public and the patrons here. No, it has not always been clear that you could build "credit" and reach a new tier. It is ONLY assumed by you, and perhaps VRi that we all understand this. But it is news to a good many of us.

I have exchanged many emails back & forth from VR, including you and never once was the idea of "credit" conveyed. I was told always to wait for the new web site to clarify it, or rectify the problems.

I think you are overly dismissing the "There has always been the option to subscribe to multiple subscription models to build your accounts pool over time, ranging from $5/month to $1,000/month or purchase a pledge outright, this has not changed." notion of yours. 

You must frame it from a Patron's perspective, not yours. In your mind, you assume that all are aware of this pledge cerdit. When in fact not only is the vast public not aware, but a good portion of your own long-time patrons are reluctant to upgrade, or are confused by the process. None of this is posted anywhere whithin the Pledge pages.

Perhaps now..  You can easily understand my months of frustration of waiting. And given a few PM I just received, many other peple here, are upset with not understanding the process, too. There need to be more depth & detail on the Pledge page, or more transparacy of the upgrade process. It is OK if the process is clunky, just as long as it is clear and precise. It is not!

Thanks for the information I will be upgrading this weekend & give it a try.

• 378 posts
    October 17, 2015 3:32 PM PDT

Any idea when our accounts will be avalible to see stating what we pledged, packs and total amount ? I want to know exactly what I have from previous pledges before I move forward with a sub or pledge

• 383 posts
    October 17, 2015 5:58 PM PDT

Wait, so let me get this straight.

I was on the kickstarter at the $250 Pathfinders Pledge.

I gave another $800 and I lost pieces of my original pledge?

• 2138 posts
    October 17, 2015 6:06 PM PDT

I think it is awesome that those that have pledged early, and substantially,are acknowledged. On whatever. Developing a game is hard and it changes in development or so I imagine and to get dedicated people to provide some early funding to be able to also offer time in alpha and beta testing as a result, is great for the developing team.

Currently, I am a normal supporter who gets to read and post on the forums, and I dont expect anything else , that is, similar to what those that have pledged much much earlier. But I do appreciate the possibility of increasing some support, monetarily, pre- release.

• 671 posts
    October 17, 2015 7:55 PM PDT

Niien said:

My guess is that Visionary Realms will do what is right.

I just don't think VR was prepared to handle the quality of people who want to donate and help build this game. I do think they are listening and willing to straiten all this out. I do think the DEVs need a break & to slow down, and spend some time back in the community, before seeking their next milestone. I think VR can start to involve the VIP supportors into world building and world content creation soon. There is much community here once they nail down the Player Controller & game mechanics.

Personally, I do not care what I loose when upgrading. I've wanted to upgrade & show my show of support of them a long time ago. VRI has to come up with a quicker way to take my money...

• 378 posts
    October 17, 2015 8:56 PM PDT

Niien said:

No, any pledge benifit pre the current changes are yours and safe, losing the old pledge when going up only applies to new members from now on.

The current pledges from what i can see are set out so each higher pledge contaians the lower pledges benifits just with added items / bonuses, so while you lose the pledge when upgrading you still have the benifits of the lower one anyway.  

• 83 posts
    October 17, 2015 9:38 PM PDT

Was thinking of setting up a monthly sub, but i want to keep my 1$ a year lifetime.

• 383 posts
    October 17, 2015 10:05 PM PDT

Hieromonk said:

Niien said:

My guess is that Visionary Realms will do what is right.

I just don't think VR was prepared to handle the quality of people who want to donate and help build this game. I do think they are listening and willing to straiten all this out. I do think the DEVs need a break & to slow down, and spend some time back in the community, before seeking their next milestone. I think VR can start to involve the VIP supportors into world building and world content creation soon. There is much community here once they nail down the Player Controller & game mechanics.

Personally, I do not care what I loose when upgrading. I've wanted to upgrade & show my show of support of them a long time ago. VRI has to come up with a quicker way to take my money...

Agreed, in the end I would rather them spend less time on this stuff and more time making the game, however if they have a dedicated team for these kinds of things, then I would like to at least get some clarification either way so I know what to expect. :)   <-- Run on sentence lol?

This post was edited by Niien at October 17, 2015 10:06 PM PDT
    • 9115 posts
    October 17, 2015 10:16 PM PDT

Zandil said:

Niien said:

No, any pledge benifit pre the current changes are yours and safe, losing the old pledge when going up only applies to new members from now on.

The current pledges from what i can see are set out so each higher pledge contaians the lower pledges benifits just with added items / bonuses, so while you lose the pledge when upgrading you still have the benifits of the lower one anyway.  

No, that is incorrect mate.

For starters, Kickstarter is not a reference guide for any of our pledges, other than very early ones that were transferred over to this site to see what rewards they included as KS ended over 18 months ago and not all pledges made it to our site and most have been removed from sale.

So, now I am specifically talking about the $1-lifetime sub, because I know this is what most of these concerns boil down to, no one wanting to lose that, and we understand that but at the same time, we need to manage them carefully as we have chosen the subscription model for our game after an overwhelming response from our community to go that route.

Any pledges purchased or subscriptions started that contained the $1-lifetime sub before the cutoff date of 26 Feb 2015 as per this announcement posted by myself: https://www.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/1725/change-to-pledge-packages will be honoured. You will receive everything that those pledges contained prior to that date.

If you then change to another pledge, today, for example, you will lose the $1-lifetime subscription, as it doesn't exist past the 26th Feb 2015 in any pledges, it doesn't transfer, it doesn't carry over, it doesn't exist past that date, period.

Example:

If you started a $100 Originator's subscription payment plan prior to 26 Feb 2015, you will receive everything that pledge had to offer prior to that cutoff date even if the payments continue past the cutoff date.

If you started a $100 Originator's subscription payment plan after 26 Feb 2015, you will not get the $1-lifetime subscription or any other benefits that were removed after that date. Same applies to all other pledges that contained the $1-lifetime sub and any other items that were removed.

Looking at it from a different example:

If you purchase the Pathfinder's Pledge for $250 prior to 26 Feb 2015, but then start a subscription payment plan to change completely over to the Originator's pledge after the 26th Feb 2015, you are leaving all of your pledge rewards behind and just keeping the $250 financial value of the pledge to now put towards the new and completely different, Originator's Pledge and then continue building on to that $250 until you hit the price of the pledge, in this instance, it is $1,200 (or $1,000 if purchased outright).

To receive all rewards from both Pathfinder's pledge and Originator's pledge, would cost you $1,250 if purchased outright, or $1,450 if purchased via a 12-month payment plan, but we do not allow multiple pledges, it is strictly one pledge per account, so I am not sure how people are coming to the conclusion that they keep everything from a previous pledge, as they change to completely new pledges.

The pledges prior to the cutoff are special/unique, no one else will ever own them or have the majority of the contents when the game launches, so if you want to give those special/unique items up to upgrade to a higher tier pledge with some of the same and some new items, that is absolutely fine, we appreciate the support a lot and encourage you to choose the best pledge for yourself and your situation, but I want to be very clear that all of our pledges are standalone and completely different from each other, even if they only include an item or two that separates them, they are not transferable, you have to choose one pledge and stick with it, or change your mind, wipe those items clean and gain the new pledge items.

I hope this makes more sense to everyone.

We are continually revamping our pledges and the system in which they are purchased, this site is not ideal for this system, which is another reason why we are making the move to vBulletin, but we also have to consider the longevity of our game, which is why certain items have been removed or replaced, we do not want those special items moving around or being transferred to completely different pledges/subscriptions, they are standalone and should be considered rare and special items.

If you have any issues with pledges or subscriptions, please lodge a support ticket so we can access your account properly, the team and myself will try to help in any way we can but please also remember that we are having issues with showing donations/pledges on this site after the change and are working to get that fixed for the move to vBulletin in the next month or two.

Pledges are considered to be continually revamped and changed, so if you see something you like and are in a position to purchase it, please do so at your earliest convenience, as they are subject to change at any time. All contents of pledges purchased prior to cutoff dates will be honoured.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at October 17, 2015 10:47 PM PDT
    • 511 posts
    October 18, 2015 8:56 AM PDT

Yes Kilsin, it makes sense, just as much sense as upgrading to a new cell plan at Verizon, getting the new benefits of the new phone and plan but losing the unlimited data we all want to keep. In the long run, this is great for new members coming into PRF, but it also hurts any "legacy" members as you are forcing them to lose money in the long run by not letting them keep the $1 subs, and causing VR to lose money as they will not upgrade to a new tier and thus not give you money.

I don't think anyone is faulting you or VR for this, many companies do this in all sorts of industries, Cable, Internet, Phone, subscription based (newspaper, magazines etc) etc. We (I) just question whether or not this is the best course of action for VR and its members as you (VR) clearly have people that want to donate more, but are not because they don't want to lose the perks. I feel like Tim Sullivan (CFO for those that don't know) needs to come up with a better option for all parties involved.

Also this comes from a guy who is happy when he bought in (After the change to not have $1 sub, but would also be happy to pay more for a lifetime sub, or a painting etc. So, let's work together to come up with an even better plan that allows everyone to be happy, not just VR and new customers.

• 671 posts
    October 18, 2015 10:41 AM PDT

Kilsin, that Policy you just reiterated is wrong. It does nothing to help Visionary Realms, nore the Community Members. It is illogical.

Example: If I already have a $1/month benifit, how does me spending another few hundred dollars on upgrading a Pledge, take away from that? More importantly, how would those extra donations effect VRI bottom line?

Why would you punish people for wanting to spend more? It is illogical.

Your policy is stopping people from spending more on your game. If these people already have the $1/month benifit, but want to give VRI more. And you frown upon that, because they will loose benifits they had..? Ironically, it is more benificial to open up a second account, and pledge under that..  while keeping their previous benifits and gaining new ones under a second account, all at the same time.

Why should I upgrade to Cohort's, when I can just buy it under a second account..? I would gain more that way, then if I just upgraded.

One should never loose their previous rewards, just for UPGRADING their account. It would not be an upgrade..  nobody is going to pay more, for less. People's rewards should move with them, if they upgrade. That is the point of these rewards, for getting on board early and supporting this team.

Taking someone's reward away because 10 month into the project they want to spend more...?? dumb..

Why..? These People were still here early and building a fledgling Pantheon community and took advantage of early rewards. But their early support (& reward) for doing that does not matter now..? Their effort & early support means nothing... so much so, their rewards for doing so are taken if they want to spend more..?

I think VRi should revisit their policy here.

• 318 posts
    October 18, 2015 1:26 PM PDT

Agreed @Heiromonk. It is a very illogical policy.

You have community members who pledged money back in 2014 and early 2015 for a game whose fate was very much uncertain, but despite all of the controversary, they had faith in Brad and his vision. And now, if those same people decide to give more money because they want to continue to help with the development of the game, they lose all of their original rewards and are treated like they have just backed the project yesterday.... It's not right.

If you were a Pathfinder from Kickstarter, and today you decide to increase your pledge to the Advisor's Pledge at $300 (a $50 increase), this is what would happen:
    You Gain:
    - Invite to founder's guild

You Lose:
    - Postcard
    - Cloth Map
    - $1 a year subscription
    - Taurokian horse
    - Game Title: Pantheon Founder

Like I have said before, I will really feel sorry for anyone who doesn't realize that this is the policy and gets burned by this (like apparently @Niien).

However, this is the last I am going to post on this topic, because I am not trying to give the guys at VR a hard time. They are doing a great job. But in this particular case, I do not agree with how pledge upgrades are being handled.