Forums » The Gnomes

The New Gnomes

• 120 posts
    November 4, 2016 12:39 PM PDT

Maybe im set in my RP ways, but really not liking the new Gnome. They are an awesome new race, but definitely not what I was expect as a Gnome in anyway. It is somewhat of a disapointment, as I do tend to favor playing Gnomes, but im leaning to strange tree dwelling Halflings. Weird that they are in trees and not in a shire or something, but at the very least they still seem very Hobbity at heart.

This post was edited by Riply at November 4, 2016 12:40 PM PDT
    • 13 posts
    November 7, 2016 12:46 PM PST

As a person who has always disliked gnomes, i do really enjoy this invisioning.  I know it is not the typical racial view of a gnome, but the RP element of it can be.  I see the clockwork in their bodies.  I can hear the puns all metalic whisping out of their shells. 

I can understand the may disappointed views, also.  It would be the same as having six foot tall drawfs.  They might still sound Scottish, but should they be able to block the sun?

• 120 posts
    November 7, 2016 5:05 PM PST
    I can respect that people are interested in a different take on Gnomes, I will just plan to play a different race. The bigger concern I have is their lore in general, spaceship? How in the world does that fit into this type of world? Not saying you couldn't work in something else in like a Wizard opened a portal to bring them to this world, but a spaceship? I sure hope they are not planning other technology like guns or robots.
    • 1900 posts
    November 8, 2016 11:50 AM PST
    I'm cool with Spaceships. I've never had a problem with a Sci Fantasy take. Like maybe it is a floating city but it works more like magi-tech from FF series or like Dwemer Tech from ES series. I have nothing against pure high fantasy. I love it. But I like when there is a small amount a magical tech or steam punk type stuff thrown in as well. Not going crazy with it but just a small bit here and there.
    • 1873 posts
    November 8, 2016 1:37 PM PST

Amsai said: I'm cool with Spaceships. I've never had a problem with a Sci Fantasy take. Like maybe it is a floating city but it works more like magi-tech from FF series or like Dwemer Tech from ES series. I have nothing against pure high fantasy. I love it. But I like when there is a small amount a magical tech or steam punk type stuff thrown in as well. Not going crazy with it but just a small bit here and there.

I tend to like that too,  used to like Fallout New Vegas and prior games in the series.   And I used to play StarWars Galaxies back in the day.   Do like my sci-fi/fantasy etc. :)

Cana

• 1481 posts
    December 11, 2016 6:08 PM PST

Where is Skyhold on the Terminus map?

• 1917 posts
    December 12, 2016 4:44 AM PST

Beefcake said:

Skyhold is a floating city so it is nowhere on the map. It is instead floating high above the world. They have not yet said how exactly we will travel to and from there.

• 1917 posts
    December 12, 2016 4:44 AM PST

Beefcake said:

Skyhold is a floating city so it is nowhere on the map. It is instead high above the world. They have not yet said how exactly we will travel to and from there.

This post was edited by Bazgrim at December 12, 2016 4:44 AM PST
    • 1 posts
    December 28, 2016 1:14 PM PST

Love the gnome model!

• 1481 posts
    December 29, 2016 2:17 PM PST

My gnome enchanter will rule Skyhold, if I can ever figure out where it is.

• 1873 posts
    February 23, 2017 12:47 PM PST

Think of Pantheon gnomes as having almost destroyed themselves, got themselves out of a literal pickle and now are EVOLVED given their almost dire circumstances.   They survived,  and have the scars to show for it.      Our gnomes,  Pantheon gnomes. :)

• 36 posts
    March 9, 2017 3:37 AM PST

Gotta check in an throw down for my fellow Gnomes we WILL NOT BE DENIED! muhahahahaha!

• 151 posts
    April 2, 2017 4:36 PM PDT

Zandil said:...I have never really been fond of the standard tiny looking Gnome you see in most standard fantasy fiction...

Sounds like you just don't like gnomes.

• 2 posts
    April 2, 2017 4:47 PM PDT

Tottally - but why stop there? I think we could have even FRESHER Gnomes by making them bears.

http://www.wikiality.com/file/2016/11/bears1.jpg

Of course we'll have to think of a different name for bears.. How about Tolls? 

• 151 posts
    April 2, 2017 4:59 PM PDT

I've never been a big fan of the traditional take on Trolls.  This reinterpretation has me interested in this race for the first time.

-Yogi 

This post was edited by Shai at April 2, 2017 5:00 PM PDT
    • 293 posts
    April 6, 2017 8:58 PM PDT

Bear Gnomes you say...

• 118 posts
    April 6, 2017 9:43 PM PDT

Jimmayus said:

Bear Gnomes you say...

Bare Bears

• 252 posts
    April 24, 2017 3:11 PM PDT

Shai said:

Zandil said:...I have never really been fond of the standard tiny looking Gnome you see in most standard fantasy fiction...

Sounds like you just don't like gnomes.

This .

In a standard Pizzeria you usually get a standard looking and tasting Pizza. So if you want a Pizza you generally go to a Pizzeria . If the Pizza looked and tasted like Ice Cream (and regardless whether you like Ice Cream or not), you would be legitimely angry on the Pizzeria owner because if you wanted an Ice Cream you would go to an Ice Cream shop .

Using names of well known and established things for other things which are obviously completely different is rarely a good idea and always leads to misunderstandings ;)

• 5 posts
    April 29, 2017 11:28 AM PDT

Honesty, I love the way these new gnomes look. I'm always a big fan of magical races but to get stuck as a short manlet with a pudgy nose and terrible hair, I just never be one.