Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

The McQuaid Touch

• 50 posts
    September 24, 2015 7:51 PM PDT

Hey guys its been awhile great to see the community still thriving.  As always with these games I like to pace myself leading up to a release because the development takes time, but I wanted to talk with you guys about Brad McQuaid's Touch on his games and what really sets him apart from other game designers.  So what makes his games so unique ?  Well I can list about 20 things that make him unique in the genre, but for me the thing that sticks out is that he's great at creating worlds.  Reading over pantheons classes and races you can see his fingers all over this game with unique takes on races, unique lore, and identifable classes.  I haven't played a single minute of this game, but I am already entralled by this world we will be visiting and the great races that inhabit it.  This is not an easy thing to accomplish and in most games I find myself not caring about lore because it seems soulless, but with Pantheon you have not only a great world in Terminus, but also the world's each race comes from. As someone who spent years on Norrath I am glad we get to visit another World expertly created to have new experiences.

What is your favorite thing that Brad puts into his game ? 

This post was edited by DJay at September 24, 2015 10:35 PM PDT
    • 37 posts
    September 24, 2015 8:25 PM PDT

Exploration, especially dungeons. Dungeons that could takes weeks to traverse and complete your tasks.

• 160 posts
    September 24, 2015 9:10 PM PDT

I appreciate Brad's passion for his work. It's hard for me to not believe in a guy who has that much passion.

To your comment about pacing: I'm also trying not to flame-out like I did for shadowbane.

• 50 posts
    September 25, 2015 10:19 AM PDT
    Maric said:

Exploration, especially dungeons. Dungeons that could takes weeks to traverse and complete your tasks.

Yes! open world dungeons are truely part of the world and not seperate from it.  Its the feeling of stumbling across something and finding out how deep that rabit hole goes.  Nothing better than being part of a first time group and exploring those massive dungeons.  Seeing all the goodies it has and then farming to find the rares.  I cannot wait to relive those moments.