Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How important are in-game sounds and music?

• 28 posts
    January 17, 2018 2:35 PM PST

Unless the music tells me something.. like aggro state I turn it down or off. Nothing worse than music drowning out sound effects that tell you something. I'll generally have combat music on but ultra low just to let me know i've got attack on :)... ambient music is cool and all but if I miss an Audio cue due to it.... Suppose it comes from my Quake playing days. Ultimately the sound effects help you play better I dont think the music does :). Also the same tunes repated for hours on end can grind after a while. Generally i'll play with music turned low for a bit then eventually turn it off completely once i get better at the game and need it off to improve how well i can play.

Absolutely hate any game that doesnt allow you to turn the music down or off. I recall one of the Halo games had forced loud music with no option to turn it off or down.. I couldn't hear the voice instructions during the game.... or properly interpret the spacial sound awareness which is extremely important in an FPS.. its why pros wear cans. Same can apply to an mmo.

• 217 posts
    January 18, 2018 12:57 PM PST

I love the combat sounds, the ambient sounds and the famous *DING* other than that the music gets turned off immediately I would like 4 you to be able to turn off certain music and leave on other music for instance during loading screens I would like to be able to listen to music that's appropriate to an area but once I'm in that zone I want to be immersed fully...there's no music playing in the background when I'm walking through the forest etc.

• 29 posts
    January 19, 2018 9:51 AM PST

Combat sound is very important to me.

To be able to hear that something is happening outside of my field of vision or just to hear that something specific is happening is huge.

The music though is the first thing I turn off. I rather hear the sounds around me and more importantly the chatting of my friends while playing together.

• 6 posts
    January 19, 2018 9:24 PM PST

OMG sound is such a HUGE part of an MMO for me. I want to live in a world not just play a game and sound/music help with the immersion for me! Hearing whats going on around you helps with navigating the world in a safe way. Knowing those hostile animal sounds in a swamp, the noise a certain spell makes when cast helps with the appropriate respnonse in time. I want to hear it all and cant wait to log in for the 1st time and get to know the world of sound Pantheon has to offer! : -)

This post was edited by BigBear at January 19, 2018 9:24 PM PST