Forums » The Enchanter

I sure hope that the Enchanter has more illusions...

• 51 posts
    July 14, 2015 7:32 PM PDT
    What do you guys think about the depth of illusions? Meaning, the stronger an enchanter gets the more convincing the ruse. The better the change in faction, or whatever. The higher the level of merfolk illusion the faster the swimming capabilities, and similar physical attributes for each illusion. Highest air elemental has access to control over the Z axis to some degree.

Different levels for each illusion perhaps gained as you progress through your leveling? Or make it a stand alone from levels like the VG card game. Lesser, Minor, greater, (stronger word than greater....?) Perhaps make it quest based.
    • 15 posts
    March 18, 2016 11:36 AM PDT

It's not a thread necro if it's still on the first page, right?

Illusions are one of the biggest draws for me playing an enchanter, and I still hold a little bit of a grudge over how that element of the class was carved up in EQ2. It hearkens back to old fairy tales of beautiful enchantresses casting themselves in the guise of an old hag, and to me fulfills the fantasy of the class just as much if not moreso than mezzes, charms, and buffs.

EQ2 actually did implement a system like this to a very weak degree with some of the +/- size modifier illusions. An illusion that made my character grow by 20% at an apprentice level might be boosted to 50% at the master level. I would like to see Pantheon take this a step further and throw some of the bonuses into this sort of progression system - any enchanter can cast a visual illusion, but it takes a special knowledge to add that damage shield to the fire elemental, or frenzy/bleed to werewolf, etc.

It would also open up the potential for enchanters to have to specialize in certain types, perhaps a combat-oriented enchanter focuses more on monster illusions that provide bonuses in a fight, while more explorer/social types opt for obtaining the racial skills and faction modifiers of player race illusions?

• 53 posts
    March 19, 2016 9:37 AM PDT

Honestly, we should have access to any game model. From a time/resources perspective, this system is at the bottom of the list and this is an obvious way around extra work, plus how awesome would it be to turn into a raid mob in a city.

Maybe implement it by targeting and casting a train illusion spell with a long timer to give us time to study the form.

• 29 posts
    May 19, 2017 10:26 AM PDT

It'd be fun to see illusions have effects, such as a scary monster illusion has a chance to cause a fear effect, having the same race illusion makes them less likely to attack you, and so on . I know those are bad examples, but the point is, depending on the illusion, different things could happen in a situation.

• 21 posts
    July 3, 2017 10:43 AM PDT
    I'd like the illusion banker. Let people give me their gold :-)
    • 60 posts
    August 1, 2017 7:05 PM PDT

I like how EQ did it, where you first learned the illusions of the other races, and yes it gave you a faction boost but that wasn't always enough.

Then other forms gave you other stat boosts, but we have to remember its an illusion... not shapeshifting. You shouldn't gain mermaid like speed with an illusion or the ability to fly. An illusion is just what you are making other people see. It doesn't actually alter your physical form.

• 1369 posts
    August 2, 2017 5:36 AM PDT

I miss EQOA illusions and enchanter pets.

• 60 posts
    August 2, 2017 4:53 PM PDT

I don't know I never played EQOA, I was still playing original EQ during those days. But the enchanter was one of my fav classes to play and to have in a group, while not doing much dmg themselves they could help max out the DPS of others with the haste/mana regen buffs. And I have saved and been saved countless times from a wipe by a good enchanter.

• 129 posts
    August 19, 2017 10:08 AM PDT

The Enchanter should be able to change its appearance to any creature/ object of a certain size or smaller. wouldn't want all enchanters running around as Naggy, although that would be kinda awesome.

If you change your form to a mob, you should take on its faction. if you take on the form of a Skar and run into an Elf city, you should be attacked. If you click off the illusion, they should halt their attacks. Certain mobs of a higher intelligence should be able to see through your illusion, or at least have to go through a sv check.

Certain illusions should come with effects like the sv vs fire from a fire elemental, or run speed as a wolf. Not every illusion, mind you. Just some.

• 7 posts
    August 26, 2017 8:29 PM PDT
    Perhaps illusions could be tied to the chanter's exposure to that race or mob. The more experience around or fighting that race or mob type, the stronger the execution of the illusion.