Forums » Pantheon Classes

• 91 posts
    July 3, 2015 1:50 PM PDT

I know when Alpha starts there will be the bare minimum class's just making sure each niche is covered.  My question is will Shaman in Pantheon be more like Shamans on EQ 1, EQ 2 or WoW?

I personally loved the niche value of slowing as a shaman, However, it was kind of an issue when resists got so high that a class (Beasmasters) moved ahead of Shamans with their slow being resisted less.  Not a balance discussion of the past, more interested in the vision of the future and how to keep each class, while sharing certain characteristics of other niche's at times, still being superior in their own.

Xan

• 9115 posts
    July 3, 2015 5:10 PM PDT

We are not ready to discuss classes yet mate, we will release that information once we are though, so hang tight! :)

Just to answer your comparison question quickly, Pantheon will be modelling our classes on EQ, VG plus our own vision for what we believe will suit our game, we are not basing any of our game on EQ2, WoW or any other game, as we are a spiritual successor to EQ and VG.

I have also gone ahead and moved this thread to Class Discussion as it relates to classes. Please be mindful of where you post in future to help keep the forums nice, clean, orderly and easy to find the right information in the right area's. ;)

• 91 posts
    July 4, 2015 7:21 AM PDT

Solid, thank for the response.

Xan

• 11 posts
    April 2, 2016 7:41 PM PDT

Kilsin said:
    Just to answer your comparison question quickly, Pantheon will be modelling our classes on EQ, VG plus our own vision for what we believe will suit our game, we are not basing any of our game on EQ2, WoW or any other game, as we are a spiritual successor to EQ and VG.

This is great to hear! Time to increase the ol' pledge.