Forums » News and Announcements

Introducing: The Dark Myr of Syronai's Rest

• 510 posts
    August 24, 2016 6:21 AM PDT

I would say more like Namor - without some of the powers associated with him (flight etc.).  Truthfully though, I think a racial ability to cause some electrical damage (like an electric eel) might not be a bad idea...

• 429 posts
    August 24, 2016 8:56 AM PDT

Very nice , love the artwork looks awesome . 

• 109 posts
    August 31, 2016 6:49 AM PDT

cool picture.....

• 32 posts
    September 1, 2016 9:44 AM PDT

Even before this news I was thinking of perhaps picking a dark myr for my DireLord. Are there possible conclusions or at least hints which could say that stemming from this storyline the Dark Myr are suited or at least are open more to the DireLord class than/or with some other races? 

Thank you very much in advance, and thank you for bringing the wonderful Dark Myr in front of our eyes :) I personally really loved the description. Reminds me a bit of the fall of the Numenoreans. 

Sincerely,

C.

• 9115 posts
    September 1, 2016 5:23 PM PDT

Cler1c said:

Even before this news I was thinking of perhaps picking a dark myr for my DireLord. Are there possible conclusions or at least hints which could say that stemming from this storyline the Dark Myr are suited or at least are open more to the DireLord class than/or with some other races? 

Thank you very much in advance, and thank you for bringing the wonderful Dark Myr in front of our eyes :) I personally really loved the description. Reminds me a bit of the fall of the Numenoreans. 

Sincerely,

C.

Not at this stage, Cler1c, we will release that information as development continues with classes but it is something we are still discussing :)

• 32 posts
    September 2, 2016 7:11 AM PDT

Not at this stage, Cler1c, we will release that information as development continues with classes but it is something we are still discussing :)

Completely understood, Kilsin. Much obliged with your quick, sincere and revealing reply. They make our hearts tingle with anticipation. Much appreciated! :)

Sincerely,

C.

• 763 posts
    September 2, 2016 11:20 AM PDT

Potion of Enduring Water Breath (Alchemy 250+)

Grind ye the bones of a dozen Dark-Myr Sentinels..

... mixing in an ounce of raw sea salt from Syronai's rest,

Boil ye then a soup from the lungs of a pair of Dark-Mry DreadLords...

... add ground dark-night coral for seasoning, just a pinch is best,

Mix now together this concoction in warm Myr blood...

... a pint, no more, bolied down with a lemon's zest,

A silvered flask, stoppered with glass must be used...

... a single glyph of preservation upon the bottle's chest.

- Extract from the 'Apothecaries of the Elders', translated by Borgia the Gnome.

• 163 posts
    September 3, 2016 2:19 PM PDT

Aradune said:

Also, for those non-Myr amongst you, there will be items and buffs that allow you to breathe and interact underwater.  But methinks the Myr will have some advantages -- we generally like the idea of racial innates -- the trick is to make them cool, add flavor to the race, etc., but not create a situation where racial innates are so powerful that only a few of the races or played.  Or, that certain race-class combos are better than other race-class combos all of the time.  I don't like seeing situations where player X wants to play race Y and class Z, but feels he or she cannot because that combination isn't considered viable or desirable in a group.  All that said, I feel we can pull off this balance, and have flavor and some advantages without running into the 'not desired in a group' problem.  Lastly, remember that Pantheon is a very situational game, so one class-race combo may be a bit better 'here' but not as good as another 'there'.

I love this....this is what needs to happen again and make it so all classes and races are playable and everyone can feel unique in a group siutaion and raid etc. This is great to read....Im all aboard the Pantheon Train!!!

This post was edited by Dalinsia at September 3, 2016 2:19 PM PDT
    • 15 posts
    September 13, 2016 2:26 PM PDT

Conceived to live underwater, even when now their bodies allow them to travel the lands, it would be nice to see a small debuff when they hit the shore, nothing big, just some seconds or a minute while their bodies configure themselves for the new situation.

• 205 posts
    September 15, 2016 6:24 PM PDT
    Looks sweet. However, I am not a big underwater fighting fan. Something about wonky z-axis stuff irritates me.
    • 294 posts
    September 18, 2016 5:50 AM PDT

I love the entire concept of underwater race, cities, environs. The depths to explore. The strategies of finding pockets of air or surviving an enduring campaign on just enough air.

The race and lore with a dark side lends depth to a player who wants to have some fun with this character. I can see a clan of pirates composed of all Myr being very  intimidating.

Nice addition to Pantheon.

• 319 posts
    September 21, 2016 7:45 AM PDT

I think the Dark Myr description is awesome. It may be early to reveal but thier name seems to suggest they are one of the dark races. If you follow traditional recipes they will not be welcome in the majority of cities etc. Depending on thier abilities to be any class they "look" like magic based people and I hope they can be druids,as druids are awesome.

Also, the fact that thier god gave them legs to walk on land it seems unrealistic that they will get thier tail back because the waters are poisoned to them. But you never know what a little magic can do?

• 58 posts
    September 21, 2016 12:03 PM PDT

awsome! i was excited to see how this race would come out!

i can see it now kings and queens of the oceans, but stay away from deserts! 

Thanks for the update!

• 3016 posts
    September 24, 2016 12:45 PM PDT

Klumpedge said:

I love the entire concept of underwater race, cities, environs. The depths to explore. The strategies of finding pockets of air or surviving an enduring campaign on just enough air.

The race and lore with a dark side lends depth to a player who wants to have some fun with this character. I can see a clan of pirates composed of all Myr being very  intimidating.

Nice addition to Pantheon.

This gets my imagination going also,   hoping  that there will be an enchanter class with this race, reminiscent of the sirens near Siren's Grotto who were terribly annoying hehehe.