Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Original Everquest 1 Class Decriptions

• 1095 posts
    May 12, 2015 6:27 PM PDT

If anyone has the old game boxes, I'm looking for the original class descriptions, specifically the Monk one. Its should read something about an robed figure crouching in an garden and you step on a flower and then your head gets taken off.

I am looking for these because those inspired me so much in what class I was going to play.

Thanks

This post was edited by Aich at May 12, 2015 6:31 PM PDT
    • 106 posts
    • 724 posts
    May 12, 2015 11:14 PM PDT
    • 1095 posts
    May 13, 2015 6:38 AM PDT

Thanks Munge but that's not the one I remember, this was preKunark description I had in mind. 

• 308 posts
    May 13, 2015 9:59 AM PDT

https://www.everquest.com/classes is pretty close to what i remember, at least for the wizard, i didn't really worry about any of the others back then.

• 432 posts
    May 18, 2015 8:20 AM PDT

I have still the original 99 EQ box.

Actually the player's guide coming with the box had no class description. It merely gave what classes and races there were in the frame of character creation.

This guide recommends the "Official Player's Guide" by Chris Kramer for more détails (19.99$).

I still have this one too. It says about monks :

"Monks are dedicated to the poursuit of shaping their bodies into a pure weapon and, because of this, they shun almost all weapons and most forms of armor. They are very religious as well, and the gods are known to bless them, not by prayers and spells, but by magically enhancing their attacks. Humans are the only race who have dedicated themselves to this ascetic lifestyle.

Monks seek self-discovery through trials of combat and vows of poverty, developping unrivalled skills in unarmed combat. Monks will offer advice and aid if asked but are not pushy about their beliefs.

With all due respect to Warriors, in the long run, Monks are the most effective pure melee combat professionals in Norrath. They attack quickly, avoid hits well and require little in the way of material aid. And let's face it, they've got the best moves.

As with any other class, of course,  Monks do have their weaknesses - they can't cast spells and can't use most weapons. Monks are very limited in their choice of armor : leather and cloth, which you buy in NPC shops; patchwork which is created by players who use Tailoring; and a few esoteric types such as Mesh and Snakeskin, which are available only from monsters in certain dungeons.

Now go and use your skills wisely. Bring pride upon our class"

- Ripley"