Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Recycled Names

• 453 posts
    May 9, 2015 12:22 PM PDT

Do you have certain names you like to use over and over when you play an MMO? Perhaps even deleting that character(s) when you are  tired of him/her just so you can use  that particular name(s) over and over ?

• 610 posts
    May 9, 2015 2:37 PM PDT

Yes, I have a stable of Male and Female names that I will use

• 1 posts
    May 9, 2015 3:19 PM PDT

Sure do.  I've been Shaziell for several MMO's.  Shazzy for short.  I like it when I can find familiar folk in new games by their names.

This post was edited by Shazziell at May 9, 2015 3:20 PM PDT
    • 308 posts
    May 9, 2015 3:31 PM PDT

i am Gawd hear me roar!!

also Gawd Dayum

and Gawd Zilla

cleric is Holy Gawd

Necro is Rethgouls

paladin is Itank Andheal

Bard is Power Luter

• 2138 posts
    May 9, 2015 3:47 PM PDT

Mine is usually easy to remember, and easy to not have to think about in re-spelling it, when speaking to someone, especially in a tense raid like situation where brief , concise , communication is KEY. I don't want to have to re-type Birthrumptinar, or Anathanarayanan, if I can help it, in chat in a game. one is a made up name for a fantasy world- hard, one is a real name in the real world, not so hard. but in a fantasy game, a complex fantasy game, i prefer the neat but basic.

Yes I understand it means something to you, but like Robin Williams in "The bird cage" keep it all inside, or in the last name.

This post was edited by Manouk at May 11, 2015 5:04 PM PDT
    • 17 posts
    May 11, 2015 8:15 AM PDT

I have always used the same names.. Sionix, Dionyx and variations of it.. It's a great benefit for finding old gamers you used to run with!

• 56 posts
    February 18, 2017 11:57 AM PST

Jason said:

Do you have certain names you like to use over and over when you play an MMO? Perhaps even deleting that character(s) when you are  tired of him/her just so you can use  that particular name(s) over and over ?

I ended up doing this on Project 1999. I have no idea why I rolled a human Monk the first time, but at least common sense kicked in before he reached level 20.