Forums » Pantheon Classes

One social skill per class

• 378 posts
    April 13, 2015 8:07 PM PDT

Coming off the back of a great thread Kayd put up about a class having a social or convince skill, that can only be preformed by that class and cannot not be brought from a NPC or obtained any other way then being preformed by a specific class.

What skill would you give each class in Pantheon, knowing it can only be done or obtained by that class,  examples Mage - ports, Rogue - lock picking etc

One skill per class only.

Cleric -  Blessing, long cool-down, limited, reagent using spell to forgive a small bit of exp penalty.

Crusader 

Dread Lord - Summon/located Corpse 

Druid - I'd like to see the Druid be able to shape shift other people for a short duration, maybe a wolf of fox etc for a speed buff.

Enchanter - I like Enchanters being able to enchant items but if they do it, there should be no other way to do it game other then from a Enchanter.

Monk - Maybe they could summon a little tin cup they could use to gather donations with ? ( joking, joking still working on Monk one )

Ranger - Track, if your looking for a certain type or a town NPC, the Ranger can type the name in and gets the location within a certain range.

Rogue - Masquerade, a skill the rogue could use on other players to give them some type of stealth for a period of time  

shaman

Summoner

Warrior - Intimidate, a warrior can intimidate a NPC for a certain amount of time, any quest handed in to that NPC while under intimidation has a chance of increasing quest rewards i.e maybe more gold or a better item ?

Wizard - Always liked the Port idea

Still working on the others.

This post was edited by Zandil at April 14, 2015 9:53 PM PDT
    • 999 posts
    April 13, 2015 9:57 PM PDT

I would prefer an EQesque skillset; although, I wouldn't mind adding a few new additions.  Here's a few ideas:

Cleric - Res

Crusader - Cover - Can mitigate a % of damage for defensive target

Dread Lord - Vampiric Curse - Melee Damage that heals defensive target (or self)

Druid -  Control over the Weather (which could mean a lot in Pantheon if resistances are important)

Enchanter - Mana Regen

Monk - FD

Ranger - Track

Rogue - Pick-Lock

Shaman - Hp/Mana conversion - target able

Summoner - Call of Hero - Summon player spell

Warrior - Shouts -> Group taunts/attack buffs, etc.

Wizard - Dual-cast

• 378 posts
    April 13, 2015 10:13 PM PDT

Nice list Raidan, but was more thinking Social skills for outside of combat, Porting, locking picking etc

• 999 posts
    April 14, 2015 8:51 AM PDT

Well, many that I discussed could be used out of combat; however, I was reading your initial post as what basically could that class bring to a group that would add to the group dynamic, basically increasing group inter-dependency and wanting that player in the group.  Here's an updated list with more non-combat abilities and some repeats from the previous

Cleric: Res

Crusader: Cleanse - Maybe there's cursed items/traps/chests in Pantheon that only Crusaders can remove?

Dreadlord - Since there's no necromancer class (yet), they could have the necromancer based skills.  Summon Corpse/located corpse, etc.

Druid - Weather Control (Could be used out of combat, make a sunny climate increases travel speed versus slogging through the mud?)

Enchanter - Enchant items/bars similar to EQ.  Perhaps more important in Pantheon if weapon enchantments are temporary and are needed in different climates - i.e. cold based enchantment for fire mobs, etc.

Monk - Chant/Meditate - Unsure on this one outside of FD.  But perhaps some chant/meditation that can be a sense of enlightenment/increased awareness to a group somehow?

Ranger - Track

Rogue - Lockpick (or really all thief-like skills: Lockpick/Pickpocket/Sense Trap/Disarm Trap, etc.)

Shaman - Alchemy - I know it's a tradeskill, but I liked how shaman's were the only class who could do alchemy in EQ, so potions did not become overpowered once they were introduced.

Summoner - Summon items - Simple, but summoning all sorts of temporary items that could be used for social situations

Warrior - Bash - Maybe some doors/chests are unable to be picked or there are weak walls based on a warrior's strength they could bust it open

Wizard - Ports

This post was edited by Raidan at May 20, 2015 6:39 PM PDT
    • 11 posts
    April 14, 2015 4:17 PM PDT

Vanguard was supposed to have weather controlling druids, if Pantheon lets me shapeshift, buff, heal, control natural minions and the weather, I would be sold 100%.

• 107 posts
    April 14, 2015 5:11 PM PDT

I would be down with Dread Lord having summon corpse as long as I can let Azraell log me in and summon all my dead guildies post raid wipes so I can go to bed.

• 2138 posts
    April 14, 2015 5:57 PM PDT

my ideas, brief, but thought it could lead to other nuances.

• Cleric: good at swimming , bad at cooking

• Crusader :good at guarding/protecting, bad at resting

• Dread Lord: good at brewing, bad at sewing

• Druid: good at cooking/fishing bad at research

• Enchanter : good at - agree-and jewlecraft, bad at cooking/brewing

• Monk: good at sewing, bad at diplomacy, social skills( less emotes?)

• Ranger - good at - agree- and fishing, bad at alchohol tolerance

• Rogue - Good at picking pockets, anywhere, anytime, bad at meditation, research

• shaman: good at alchemy, bad at smithing

• Summoner: good at research, bad at fishing

• Warrior: good at haggling, bad at diplomacy

• Wizard :good at summoner-envy...sorry, good at - agree-  and diplomacy, bad at haggling, smithing ( you're a wizard, you can afford it!)
    • 11 posts
    April 14, 2015 6:01 PM PDT

The Cleric - Blessing, long cool-down, limited, reagent using spell to forgive a small bit of exp penalty.

The Crusader - Forced march, increases run speed of party by 10% while active

The Dread Lord - Corpse summon/Find corpse

The Druid - Weather control and/or soothe mount, refreshing its spirit and increasing movement speed by 5%

The Enchanter - Enchant equipment, possibly restoring some durability

The Monk - ?? 

The Ranger - Tracking/foraging

The Rogue - Pick lock, brew poison

The Shaman - Spirit walk, can leave their body and scout ahead while the party (hopefully) protects their physical form.

The Summoner -  Summon limited  use equipment, food and drink

The Warrior - Bash/smash, access to inaccessible places

The Wizard - Teleports

• 378 posts
    April 14, 2015 6:47 PM PDT
    skeaser said:

The Cleric - Blessing, long cool-down, limited, reagent using spell to forgive a small bit of exp penalty.

I like this one, would need to be adjusted to ensure it's not abused but i like it, i'm adding it to my list ;)

This post was edited by Zandil at April 16, 2015 7:55 PM PDT
    • 753 posts
    April 15, 2015 10:10 AM PDT

I would just like to say:  According to my wife, I have no social skills.

Getting ONE social skill (even if it's just virtual) would be a huge boon to me :) 

• 75 posts
    November 27, 2015 7:03 PM PST

Monk - if we take the basic premise that to be a monk you have spent a significant amount of time attaining 'understanding' - then perhaps a buff to int/wis to all party members.

Alternatively, we could look at buddhism and link the social buff to the "almsround" (the act of monks obtaining food etc from the common people), buff could be ability to provide enchanted food to party members on cooldown (food could give + primary stat or could again link to "understanding" and be int/wis based

just quick thoughts

This post was edited by Narben4 at November 27, 2015 7:04 PM PST
    • 2419 posts
    December 1, 2015 7:48 PM PST

Raidan said:

Shaman - Alchemy - I know it's a tradeskill, but I liked how shaman's were the only class who could do alchemy in EQ, so potions did not become overpowered once they were introduced.

It's a tradeskill, but it so fits with the shaman class so have it as a 'social' skill vs anything else is more fitting to the class.

• 163 posts
    December 2, 2015 9:19 AM PST

related, but not related. 

It would be neat if there were passages/doorways etc. that could only be opened based on a players strength stat, or something similar.

Meaning you'd have to have a tank class with high enough strength, to allow your group to pass.

This post was edited by Gadgets at December 2, 2015 9:20 AM PST
    • 1778 posts
    December 2, 2015 10:04 AM PST
    Bard: movement speed song! Sorry I coundnt stand Bard not being in there.
    • 75 posts
    December 9, 2015 3:40 AM PST

Gadgets said:

related, but not related. 

It would be neat if there were passages/doorways etc. that could only be opened based on a players strength stat, or something similar.

Meaning you'd have to have a tank class with high enough strength, to allow your group to pass.

tried to upload picture - just imagine you are seeing two thumbs up :)

• 46 posts
    December 9, 2015 4:46 AM PST

I was thinking more along the lines of. (No particular class having one of the following, but every class can only have one, why not pick it at charcter creation etc)

If you speak to an NPC quest giver there would be a small chance you would get an additional quest. - Convince

When you sell repair your goods to NPC you get extra 10% - Frugal

When you are in towns you can use the 'underground or whatever' transport system that is 50% quicker than normal say from AH to Tavern to Stables.- Quicken

Summon a varity of cosmetic pets. - animal lover

Make all peolple dance within 5 yard radius - Melody.

Necromancer might be able to speak to 'special'  NPC's after dark. - Nightspeech

etc etc

all soft skills that dont actually really help combat etc but helps make the classes different from each other.

• 1399 posts
    September 6, 2016 9:21 PM PDT

• 11 posts
    April 14, 2015 6:01 PM PDT

The Crusader - Forced march, increases run speed of party by 10% while active

The Dread Lord - Corpse summon/Find corpse

The Druid - Weather control and/or soothe mount, refreshing its spirit and increasing movement speed by 5%

The Enchanter - Enchant equipment, possibly restoring some durability

The Monk - ?? 

The Ranger - Tracking/foraging

The Rogue - Pick lock, brew poison

The Shaman - Spirit walk, can leave their body and scout ahead while the party (hopefully) protects their physical form.

The Summoner -  Summon limited  use equipment, food and drink

The Warrior - Bash/smash, access to inaccessible places

The Wizard - Teleports

I love skeasers list, I'll add this

The Monk - I think martial arts, ninja.... why not group stealh.... "train to zone!!!" No problem... we have a monk, everybody just needs to stand stiill

• 334 posts
    September 14, 2016 10:18 AM PDT

I took "social" skill to mean something like a fluff non-combat skill. Like a Rogue having race disguises, a Bard being able to pull out an instrument and play music, etc. I'd definitely like to see things like that in this game, always adds some entertaining value.

• 187 posts
    September 14, 2016 3:45 PM PDT

Sicario said:

I took "social" skill to mean something like a fluff non-combat skill. Like a Rogue having race disguises, a Bard being able to pull out an instrument and play music, etc. I'd definitely like to see things like that in this game, always adds some entertaining value.

Woah, that would be awesome Sicario! Bards playing real music would be super cool. Let's think of some other fluff social skill like this:

Bard: Music - Plays music based on equipped instrument.
    Cleric: Confession - "Tell me what ails you my son."
    Wizard: Magic Show - "Ooo, pretty sparklies."
    Enchanter: Hallucinate - "Wooaaah man, far oouuuut!"
    Warrior: Keg Stand - World reknown drinkers.  
    Dire Lord: Arm Wrestle - "Come at me bro."
    Rogue: Coin Trick - "Now you see it, now you don't" slight on hand tricks.
    Shaman: Fortune Telling - This pile of bones never fail to see your future!
    Ranger: Apple Shot - Here, put this on your head.
    Crusader: Pinfinger - The knife game where you risk stabbing your hands while trying stab the table between your fingers quickly.
    Druid: Flower Bloom - Pretty flowers straight from the hand of a Druid.
    Monk: Yoga Pose - Crescent Rising moon form! Check me out.
    Summoner: Potluck Summon - Randomly summon short-lived mini creatures plucked straight out of the aether. Cronenberg squirrels? Sure, why not.

I couldn't really think of a good crusader one. :/

This post was edited by Syntro at September 14, 2016 3:47 PM PDT
    • 334 posts
    September 16, 2016 3:17 PM PDT

Syntro, exactly!

It seems the creativity boost hit you before it's hit me! I should be able to come up with some ideas later tonight or this weekend. After pizza. And whisky.

I think these types of abilities would be awesome to have in game, however. Something fun and silly for the social aspect.