Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Creating evil

• 106 posts
    April 8, 2015 11:35 PM PDT

I think to give the ingame enimies a real sence of evil. When you are defeated you should experience darkness. Everquest did this with the disconect screen and there has been no greater evil in gaming history. When you stare into darkness your mind creates evil. And we need to attach these evils to the ingame mobs.

• 9115 posts
    April 8, 2015 11:50 PM PDT

I actually really like the DayZ "You are Dead" screen, it gives you a real sense of defeat and makes you feel the loss more heavily seeing your items that you worked so hard to get all greyed out on the hotbar, which is great for encouraging meaningful attachment to your characters and caring about their lives.

• 378 posts
    April 9, 2015 4:29 AM PDT

I would love to see it so when you die if your in 3rd person the camera goes into 1st person mode and it should slowly get darker and blury as you watch the world slip away from you.

• 133 posts
    April 9, 2015 12:00 PM PDT

What does  this have to do with evil?

I mean when I in EQ slaughtered dorfs and halfling scum in Butcher Block or Rivervale I was given the same screens if I died....Just because an enemy defeated you does not mean its evil.

Lawful Good does NOT mean Lawful Nice.

• 106 posts
    April 9, 2015 10:29 PM PDT
    Evil people don't view themselves as evil. And you fight evil with evil. And you can't have a good side and a bad side without some evil in the middle.
    • 1778 posts
    April 11, 2015 8:36 AM PDT

I know its a little off topic, but because Im currently playing Bloodborne I thought this Dark Souls death montage would be appropriate.

Some extremely righteous deaths!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91_DusA40sY

This post was edited by Amsai at April 11, 2015 8:37 AM PDT