Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Sounds - Critical hit! CRUNCH!

• 15 posts
    March 1, 2015 5:39 PM PST

I really hope you implement this in Pantheon.  I don't remember any other mmopgs with this...but you remember in eq they had the you getting his sound then the you REALLY getting hit sound...I guess it was a crit sound....that really helped immerse me into the game as well as scared me half to death.

It's always nice to get a crit but to actually hear it too is even better!

• 88 posts
    March 1, 2015 5:44 PM PST

This is a great idea in my opinion. The scaling of sound be proportionate to the amount of damage received.

• 3016 posts
    March 1, 2015 5:44 PM PST
    Goreblade said:

I really hope you implement this in Pantheon.  I don't remember any other mmopgs with this...but you remember in eq they had the you getting his sound then the you REALLY getting hit sound...I guess it was a crit sound....that really helped immerse me into the game as well as scared me half to death.

It's always nice to get a crit but to actually hear it too is even better!

Joppa is the sound master amongst his other skills/abilities. :)   Good topic,I like to hear that satisfying thunk! or crunch depending what class I am playing and what enemy I am defeating. :)  But I am a nuker at heart.  hehe

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at March 1, 2015 5:45 PM PST
    • 88 posts
    March 1, 2015 5:46 PM PST

Well me and my girlfriend have been rocking out to Pantheon music in the truck. So, Joppa is doing something right.

• 595 posts
    March 1, 2015 6:25 PM PST

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/question/view/224/sonic-torque

This link is to a Think Tank created by Joppa in mid December.  It's in the works.