Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

How do we show support?

• 107 posts
    February 28, 2015 5:40 AM PST

After listening to Joppa and Monty interview I have been thinking these guys need more help.  They are putting things together in a manner that will allow additional developers to make an impact quickly.  It sounds to me like their number one priority at this time is a demo to help them acquire funding. If I were an investor, no matter how great the product looked, I would want to know "how many will we sell" or in this case, "how many subscriptions will we likely have".  How can we help the team show that they are building momentum and growing a player base and it just isn't a couple hundred ex eq players wishing on a star?

• 9115 posts
    February 28, 2015 6:55 AM PST
    Filzin said:

After listening to Joppa and Monty interview I have been thinking these guys need more help.  They are putting things together in a manner that will allow additional developers to make an impact quickly.  It sounds to me like their number one priority at this time is a demo to help them acquire funding. If I were an investor, no matter how great the product looked, I would want to know "how many will we sell" or in this case, "how many subscriptions will we likely have".  How can we help the team show that they are building momentum and growing a player base and it just isn't a couple hundred ex eq players wishing on a star?

Thank you Filzin, we appreciate the passion and desire to help us succeed, you guy's are already doing an amazing job by supporting us and being active within the community.

We are progressing nicely and we have internal business strategies in place to help with our longevity, one of those is continuing to seek out an investor that is right for us and while I cannot discuss that topic in much detail at this time, we are very happy in what we have achieved within such a short time and we are confident in our progress and abilities going forward.

One thing that I have been putting a lot of effort into lately that you may have noticed, is spreading our wings a bit, now that we have made such great progress and have some good solid updates to show everyone, we are slowly starting to expand our reach and get the word out via other social media platforms, game forums etc.

So the most help that we could ask for at this stage, is most importantly your continued support, passion and activity within the community! and if you happen to glance over a post about Pantheon on another site during your internet travels, you may want to drop in and write a positive reply, be helpful and answer a question or even whisper to a friend or fellow gamer to let them know we are here and spread the word for us that way.

We have started slowly showing our presence over at other popular sites to share our progress with everyone and any positive discussions on platforms like that are a big help to us, it doesn't sound like much but the reaction to our last few updates has been amazing and very positive, which only drives us harder towards achieving our goals and the more support and further our reach, the better for everyone, including you guys our community who we are making this game for!

So my focus is heavily concentrated towards growing our community and supporter base, any help in that area by word of mouth or positive discussions about Pantheon would be greatly appreciated mate.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 28, 2015 11:28 PM PST
    • 144 posts
    February 28, 2015 7:53 AM PST

Filzin.

This game at this point has a big following across all the social media sites.  Maybe a link to the amount of twitter followers on the main page and friends from the FB page.  With a running total that chanes everytime new ones are added.

I also think the team needs to reach out to some of the larger sites that promote gaming such as MMORPG and such.  Build a fan base number not a forum thread amount of accounts thing.  make the number real.

~Chaam

Great post Filz

• 9115 posts
    February 28, 2015 8:16 AM PST
    Chaam said:

Filzin.

This game at this point has a big following across all the social media sites.  Maybe a link to the amount of twitter followers on the main page and friends from the FB page.  With a running total that chanes everytime new ones are added.

I also think the team needs to reach out to some of the larger sites that promote gaming such as MMORPG and such.  Build a fan base number not a forum thread amount of accounts thing.  make the number real.

~Chaam

Great post Filz

Those totals would be very hard to display on this site mate, you can view them by visiting our Facebook page or our Twitter (we are using personal ones at the moment for greater reach and to build our profiles up within the community) and if you check out MMORPG.com you will find we have already started being very active there for quite some time.

I didn't want name any major sites in my post above but I did explain that it is my focus to build on our already awesome community and those sites are going to be our biggest targets, which is why if you guys post over there on occasions too, it would help us out a lot.

We are trying to build on this already positive vibe and any help from the community would be greatly appreciated!

Some links to our pages and twitter accounts to help everyone out:

Facebook

Reddit

Steam Group

MMORPG.com

MassivelyOP

Brad - Aradune's Twitter

Chris - Joppa's Twitter

Ben - Kilsin's Twitter

John - Montreseur's Twitter

John - Monty's Twitch Stream (Awesome streams watching John sculpt, design and create for Pantheon!)

Justin - Istuulamae's Twitter

Official Pantheon's Twitter (Not currently used but will pick up again down the track)

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 28, 2015 8:26 AM PST
    • 671 posts
    February 28, 2015 8:30 AM PST

I think, that until there is a new Website/Forums, there is little need to push the visibility of this project.

• 9115 posts
    February 28, 2015 8:40 AM PST
    Hieromonk said:

I think, that until there is a new Website/Forums, there is little need to push the visibility of this project.

Our work is not restricted or limited by these forums, they serve us well in collecting feedback, communicating to our supporters and developing Pantheon, we have removed the social media aspects and fluff, closed the store and made a first sweep of the pledges and our business model, we now focus solely on the forums, the new forums will most likely be months away and probably released around the same time as Alpha but that is not set in stone yet.

There is a big need for us to push now more than ever, we want to build on what we have and to do that, we need to reach out to as many people as possible, we have already started this movement and it's progressing very well, we want to continue this growth and continue to expand and reach the wider community to show them what we have achieved and where we want to go. So it is important to keep this momentum moving in a positive direction, not slow it down or stop it.

Any help from our community is much appreciated!

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 28, 2015 8:41 AM PST
    • 383 posts
    February 28, 2015 9:05 AM PST

I would like to also state that if you guys happen to see a recent negative post on some of the other social sites that you try to post on top of it so negativity isn't the first thing a new person sees. The more positive we are(not in a mean way) the bigger our community will grow.

• 383 posts
    February 28, 2015 1:16 PM PST

What we need right now is more bodies working to make this happen. So if you can spread the word to your friends/family and get them to do the same. That would be the biggest help in my opinion. If they even remotely think they want a game like this to happen then they need to donate to the cause.

The memories I have from earlier gaming is priceless and I'm sure others feel the same way. Only way to get more of those is to be playing a game we enjoy with like minded people.