Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Crowd funding raised

• 378 posts
    February 25, 2015 5:17 PM PST

Is there somewhere that shows us how much has been raised on this the site like kickstarter ?  

We have had a fair bit of influx of colorful people lately and was just wondering if we are allowed to know what we have reached in terms of crowd funding ?

• 999 posts
    February 25, 2015 5:59 PM PST
    There used to be - there were major issues with the total funds and the counter though.

I do also like to see the total raised count as I'm a numbers guy and its another good method to demonstrate transparency; however, as long as the updates continue - I'm happy either way.
    • 23 posts
    February 25, 2015 6:06 PM PST

I`m one of the new colors :) Hey gang

• 148 posts
    February 25, 2015 6:25 PM PST
    Raidan said:
    There used to be - there were major issues with the total funds and the counter though. I do also like to see the total raised count as I'm a numbers guy and its another good method to demonstrate transparency; however, as long as the updates continue - I'm happy either way.

Pretty much this , it was nice to see the total but as long as the updates keep coming and looking great then thats fine with me

• 9115 posts
    February 25, 2015 6:50 PM PST
    Zandil said:

Is there somewhere that shows us how much has been raised on this the site like kickstarter ?  

We have had a fair bit of influx of colorful people lately and was just wondering if we are allowed to know what we have reached in terms of crowd funding ?

We used to display this on the front page as others have said but we ran into problems with the numbers not displaying correctly, this website does not take kindly to hacked widgets etc. so it was causing problems and we were not able to resolve them at the time.

I have alerted the team to this question/thread though and I will see what we can do then let you know mate.

This post was edited by VR-Mod1 at February 27, 2015 8:10 AM PST
    • 9115 posts
    February 25, 2015 6:53 PM PST
    Borneheld said:

Welcome Borneheld! :)

• 133 posts
    February 25, 2015 7:48 PM PST
    Borneheld said:

• 12 posts
    February 25, 2015 9:58 PM PST

I bought ten pizzas too.  I have time during the day so I'm trying to keep Pantheon's hang time in MMORPG's top 5 forum at a favorable rate.  The more people know, the more likely they buy in or just show interest, join streams, etc.  It's all boots on the ground.

I hope someone at least got a pizza.

This post was edited by Samatman at February 26, 2015 12:50 PM PST
    • 671 posts
    February 25, 2015 11:35 PM PST

I personally do not care how much money they have raised. Only what they need to keep going....  because it's awesome sauce...

• 48 posts
    February 26, 2015 1:28 AM PST

Would love to see this information as well. Good to see whats there, and how it can be used and what we need to get there.

• 378 posts
    February 26, 2015 11:03 AM PST
    Docka said:

Would love to see this information as well. Good to see whats there, and how it can be used and what we need to get there.

This was where i was going, It would be nice to see how much we require to get to the next step, While the current Team are going far over and beyond what any of us thought and doing so out of their own generosity, eventually the game will get to a point were a decent amount of money is going to be required to move to the next step and would be good to know if we have it or need to push further.  

This post was edited by Zandil at February 26, 2015 3:57 PM PST
    • VR Staff
    • 102 posts
    February 26, 2015 11:39 AM PST
    Zandil said:
    Docka said:

This was where i was going, It would be nice to see how much we require to get to the next step, While the current Team are going far over and beyond what any of us thought and doing so out of their own generosity, eventually the game will get to a point were a decent amount of money is going be required to move to the next step and would go good to know if we have it or need to push further.  

It was definitely nice having the info until it was realized the totals weren't tabulating correctly and that didn't go over too well, as you might imagine. I think your other point is a great one though....what do we need to get to where we want to be? Needless to say, even with the new support we are getting, we are still working about as lean as we possibly could be while still producing quality work and obtaining the tools to make it even better. I think at this point we can safely assume we are going to need a LOT more coming in to add to the team and crank up the volume. In the meantime, hopefully we can find a way to accurately address the totals issue, since I know we all want it to be right the first time going forward. :)
    • 378 posts
    February 26, 2015 12:36 PM PST

Here's a bit of a burning question i have.

Could we go to a Alpha stage with the current funds and team ?  I understand it would require funds for servers and IT management etc, can it be done with a volunteer team working after hours and in thier spare time or would a Alpha require full time people ?  not to say you guys have done an outstanding job already. 

• 3016 posts
    February 26, 2015 12:37 PM PST
    Kilsin said:
    Zandil said:

We used to display this on the front page as others have said but we ran into problems with the numbers not displaying correctly, this website does not take kindly to hacked widgets etc. so it was causing problems and we were not able to resolve them at the time.

I have alerted the team to this question/thread though and I will see what we can do then let you know mate.

There are many many positive comments on youtube about VRI's latest video along with some folks stating they'll buy it come the time.      This is such a great turnaround,  you've done a lot of hard, hard work.       I never let go of the belief that fundamentally you guys would get where you want to be.    

So proud of you guys!   Keep up the good work! :D   By the way along with the beautiful world you are creating,  just had to mention the mist effects...love that!!  

Cana

This post was edited by CanadinaXegony at February 27, 2015 8:23 AM PST
    • 3016 posts
    February 26, 2015 12:39 PM PST
    Borneheld said:

Welcome Borneheld! :)  

• 383 posts
    February 26, 2015 5:00 PM PST
    Zandil said:

What do the color of names mean?

• 9115 posts
    February 26, 2015 5:34 PM PST
    Niien said:
    Zandil said:

What do the color of names mean?

You can read about that in our Wiki Niien, here is the link.

https://www.pantheonrotf.com/wiki/view/pageId/250/slug/guide-to-account-name-colors

• VR Staff
    • 102 posts
    February 26, 2015 5:46 PM PST
    Zandil said:

Here's a bit of a burning question i have.

Could we go to a Alpha stage with the current funds and team ?  I understand it would require funds for servers and IT management etc, can it be done with a volunteer team working after hours and in thier spare time or would a Alpha require full time people ?  not to say you guys have done an outstanding job already. 

Could it be done? I believe so, personally. Look at the scale of what has been accomplished just in the last few months with such a small team. Would it be optimal, no. I don't know if anybody could keep up the pace long term. I would think, if nothing else, it would take longer without additional help eventually, jmo. :)
    • 83 posts
    February 27, 2015 8:07 AM PST

to bad these lotto tickets wont play nice :)

• 132 posts
    February 27, 2015 8:12 AM PST

A counter would be nice. :)

• 383 posts
    February 27, 2015 5:30 PM PST

I would like to echo that I believe a counter would be nice and while it may seem small at first, it could help with the funding motivation.