Forums » Account and Billing Issues

How to upgrade my Pledge now?

• 192 posts
    February 25, 2015 5:45 AM PST

hello,

please don't kill me in case this question has already been asked. I did a forum search, but the only information I got is almost certain outdated.

In near future I'd like to upgrade my knights pledge (100$) to (probably) pathfinder level, which comes 250$. Now I can choose pathfinder in "subscribe" window, but then I would have to pay full 250$, without acknowledging my existing pledge. I learned the shop was deactivated, which let people upgrade pledges, but without it I can't find any information how to do it now. Since I could still pledge from scratch, I guess there is a way to upgrade an existing also? But how? Any help is appreciated :)

• 158 posts
    February 25, 2015 5:53 AM PST

I think the pledges and subscriptions still build up to higher tiers , so you could do the Patrons to get to a total of $250. I'm sure though that someone on the team can clarify or  set you up with a custom pledge if needed

• 8409 posts
    February 25, 2015 6:07 AM PST

Jimm0thy is correct, you can get around this by purchasing a lower pledge to build your donation pool up or by subscribing to either the $5 or $15 per month sub tiers and let it build up more gradually.

We are looking into the pledges as they were created without being properly thought through and they need to be reviewed to better suit VRI, our business model and the game, so that is the reason we closed the store. There is no ETA on when that will come back online, if it does at all.

We are also looking into a way to allow more freedom in adding to your donation pool but the website is proving to be difficult and we are having to work around other obstacles, so this may take a while.

You can also choose to hold off until we review the pledges and implement a better system if you like.

This post was edited by Kilsin at February 25, 2015 7:16 PM PST
    • 158 posts
    February 25, 2015 7:05 AM PST

I do think there needs to be pledge options below $100 lump sum , $25 and $50 options should exist , and ideally there should simply be the option to donate whatever custom amount you want. I personally can't donate large sums at once , but dropping $25 here and there wouldn't be an issue and would allow building up to a higher total amount quicker.

• 8409 posts
    February 25, 2015 7:28 AM PST
    jimm0thy said:

I do think there needs to be pledge options below $100 lump sum , $25 and $50 options should exist , and ideally there should simply be the option to donate whatever custom amount you want. I personally can't donate large sums at once , but dropping $25 here and there wouldn't be an issue and would allow building up to a higher total amount quicker.

We actually do not want that until we can review the pledges from a business perspective mate and as I stated above, once that happens that is exactly what we are working on implementing, a PayPal donation button that will let you add as much or as little as you like and have that linked to your account so it will upgrade pledges as you reach new tier amounts but again as I posted above, that is proving to be a lot harder than we thought and may take some time to implement.

If you want to drop $25 here and there, the best option would be to subscribe $15 per month and let it build up over time until we can review and sort out the pledges.

For the time being the only option is to purchase a pledge for the amount that it states or subscribe and build it up over time, unfortunately there is no other way until we can review and implement a better system as this website doesn't like playing nicely! Which is also why we are looking at a new official site down the road.

• 158 posts
    February 25, 2015 8:18 AM PST
    Kilsin said:
    jimm0thy said:

We actually do not want that until we can review the pledges from a business perspective mate and as I stated above, once that happens that is exactly what we are working on implementing, a PayPal donation button that will let you add as much or as little as you like and have that linked to your account so it will upgrade pledges as you reach new tier amounts but again as I posted above, that is proving to be a lot harder than we thought and may take some time to implement.

If you want to drop $25 here and there, the best option would be to subscribe $15 per month and let it build up over time until we can review and sort out the pledges.

For the time being the only option is to purchase a pledge for the amount that it states or subscribe and build it up over time, unfortunately there is no other way until we can review and implement a better system as this website doesn't like playing nicely! Which is also why we are looking at a new official site down the road.

Yeah that's what I'm doing , just tossing out ideas

• 8409 posts
    February 25, 2015 8:21 AM PST
    jimm0thy said:
    Kilsin said:
    jimm0thy said:

Yeah that's what I'm doing , just tossing out ideas

Thanks Jimm0thy I appreciate mate, hopefully we can get it worked out soon for everyone.

This post was edited by Kilsin at February 25, 2015 8:21 AM PST
    • 192 posts
    February 25, 2015 9:56 AM PST

Thank you both for the swift reply. I appreciated it very much! :)

• 42 posts
    February 25, 2015 1:20 PM PST
    Kilsin said:

Kilsin, I hope I don't offend here as this website is probably someone's labor of love, but have you guys talked at all about archiving these forums and making a new website from scratch? I know the original intent was to have this be a social hub of sorts, but I, personally, find the site to be way too busy. I'm glad you guys dropped the whole "status" aspect, but I think P:RotF might benefit from having a sleek and simple design.

Edit: And a side note. It drives me up the wall whenever I get an email that says "So and so thanked to you on post on...." :)

This post was edited by Faux at February 25, 2015 5:49 PM PST
    • 172 posts
    February 25, 2015 1:36 PM PST

Kilsin, I was wondering since the store was taken down if I uped my pledge now would the same rewards be honored? I think $250 is unlimited subscription but if you guys decide to up that and I went to that level while the store was down would I need to make up the difference or would the $250 goal markers still be honored? I know you guys are looking at the business model and that all makes sense, we know the goal post are going to move I am just wondering if they have already moved if you will.

• 8409 posts
    February 25, 2015 5:55 PM PST
    Mannikin said:
    Kilsin said:

Kilsin, I hope I don't offend here as this website is probably someone's labor of love, but have you guys talked at all about archiving these forums and making a new website from scratch? I know the original intent was to have this be a social hub of sorts, but I, personally, find the site to be way too busy. I'm glad you guys dropped the whole "status" aspect, but I think P:RotF might benefit from having a sleek and simple design.

Edit: And a side note. It drives me up the wall whenever I get an email that says "So and so thanked to you on post on...." :)

No offence taken at all mate and I can tell you that "love" isn't the word I would associate with this site when it comes to working on it backend lol

I have mentioned it several times now that we are looking into a new official site, most likely just leaving this one for Dev discussions (if we keep it at all) but it isn't high on the priority list at the moment while we focus more heavily on the game development. I have started the discussions with a several team members though as it is something I really think needs to happen down the track and they all agree.

I would like something more along the lines of a typical game forum with easy to use interface, easy to read forums and a few features like blogs etc that suit us better than what we have here.

You can turn email notifications off in your account settings mate, it drove me crazy too ;)

• 8409 posts
    February 25, 2015 6:36 PM PST
    cram9030 said:

Kilsin, I was wondering since the store was taken down if I uped my pledge now would the same rewards be honored? I think $250 is unlimited subscription but if you guys decide to up that and I went to that level while the store was down would I need to make up the difference or would the $250 goal markers still be honored? I know you guys are looking at the business model and that all makes sense, we know the goal post are going to move I am just wondering if they have already moved if you will.

We are still discussing this mate, we are so busy with the game development that it is hard to get time to go through these pledge packages, anything that has been purchased or gets purchased now will be honoured though. We are just not providing any way to upgrade at the moment so we can limit the spread of the pledges until we get a chance to review them.

I hope that answered your question Cram :)

• 172 posts
    February 25, 2015 7:34 PM PST
    Kilsin said:
    cram9030 said:

We are still discussing this mate, we are so busy with the game development that it is hard to get time to go through these pledge packages, anything that has been purchased or gets purchased now will be honoured though. We are just not providing any way to upgrade at the moment so we can limit the spread of the pledges until we get a chance to review them.

I hope that answered your question Cram :)

Sounds like just sit on it then. I can be patient. 

• 701 posts
    February 26, 2015 12:25 AM PST

I can assure you, this is high on their list. There has been several discussion about it.

I have been abstaining from upgrading my pledge for quite a while, in hopes of a new site & easier method to do so.

• 172 posts
    February 26, 2015 8:28 AM PST

So with the most recent announcement if I were to up my pledge now would everything that is not an unlimited subscription be the same or is there more settling to come? This tax refund is burning a hole in my pocket and its either here or rock climbing equipment ;)

• 8409 posts
    February 26, 2015 8:43 AM PST
    cram9030 said:

So with the most recent announcement if I were to up my pledge now would everything that is not an unlimited subscription be the same or is there more settling to come? This tax refund is burning a hole in my pocket and its either here or rock climbing equipment ;)

Everything remains the same for now mate, so if you were to find a pledge level that you liked and bought it right now, you would have everything described in that pledge (according to the Wiki), even if we were to hypothetically change it and remove something again in a few days time, that wouldn't affect your purchase today.

We will continue to honour any purchases even as we make rolling changes to better suit the company, we will never mess you guys around, we always have the community in mind when making changes like this. ;)

• 172 posts
    February 26, 2015 8:57 AM PST
    Kilsin said:
    cram9030 said:

Everything remains the same for now mate, so if you were to find a pledge level that you liked and bought it right now, you would have everything described in that pledge (according to the Wiki), even if we were to hypothetically change it and remove something again in a few days time, that wouldn't affect your purchase today.

We will continue to honour any purchases even as we make rolling changes to better suit the company, we will never mess you guys around, we always have the community in mind when making changes like this. ;)

Done and done. No color change... yet :) I do want to mention though with current set up if you choose to do a one time pledge while you have an active subscription it cancels you subscription and then you have to go an re-activate it. So in my case I was doing the $5 a month thing and when I gave $100 it canceled it and then I had to renew it which immediately charged $5 for this month. Just want to let everyone else know if you want to do that and still have a monthly that it goes that way. :)

• 8409 posts
    February 26, 2015 4:43 PM PST
    cram9030 said:
    Kilsin said:
    cram9030 said:

Done and done. No color change... yet :) I do want to mention though with current set up if you choose to do a one time pledge while you have an active subscription it cancels you subscription and then you have to go an re-activate it. So in my case I was doing the $5 a month thing and when I gave $100 it canceled it and then I had to renew it which immediately charged $5 for this month. Just want to let everyone else know if you want to do that and still have a monthly that it goes that way. :)

Thank you Cram, I was not aware of that. I will have a look and try to see what is going on but in the meantime that is good advice.

• 69 posts
    March 28, 2016 8:09 AM PDT

Today, I upgraded my sub from Knight's to Adviser's ( i have copies of PayPal reciept if required)

However, it still shows Knight's in my profile section under subscriptions.

Is there a time required to wait to see this update? I thought when i did it initially it showed right away, but I could be wrong.

This post was edited by Lakland at March 28, 2016 8:31 AM PDT
    • 163 posts
    March 28, 2016 10:41 AM PDT

Put in a support ticket.  They will do it manually for you.  At least that's how I did it recently, there might be some automated system in place but after a couple days I went the ticket route, next day my new level was posted.

• 69 posts
    March 28, 2016 10:47 AM PDT

Chimerical said:

Put in a support ticket.  They will do it manually for you.  At least that's how I did it recently, there might be some automated system in place but after a couple days I went the ticket route, next day my new level was posted.

Roger that.

I'll give them the day to see if it works itself out, then I wil.

I never got a notification from the website that it occured, although PayPal did send me one.

• 8409 posts
    March 28, 2016 3:22 PM PDT

As Chimerical said, please lodge a support ticket if this doesn't change for you, this site is a pain and doesn't auto update and in most cases it needs to be manually corrected by our webmaster. Thanks for the extra support Lakland :)

• 69 posts
    March 29, 2016 5:26 AM PDT

Well that was fast :) Issue resolved

Thank you BlueEyedGator for the quick response and reply.

The VR team has been outstanding in my limited time on the forums. Great work!

• 151 posts
    March 29, 2016 2:56 PM PDT

Lakland said:

Well that was fast :) Issue resolved

Thank you BlueEyedGator for the quick response and reply.

The VR team has been outstanding in my limited time on the forums. Great work!

You're more than welcome! Happy to have been able to help :)

This post was edited by BlueEyedGator at March 29, 2016 2:56 PM PDT
    • 3 posts
    April 25, 2019 1:08 AM PDT

Kilsin said:

Jimm0thy is correct, you can get around this by purchasing a lower pledge to build your donation pool up or by subscribing to either the $5 or $15 per month sub tiers and let it build up more gradually.

We are looking into the pledges as they were created without being properly thought through and they need to be reviewed to better suit VRI, our business model and the game, so that is the reason we closed the store. There is no ETA on when that will come back online, if it does at all.

We are also looking into a way to allow more freedom in adding to your donation pool but the website is proving to be difficult and we are having to work around other obstacles, so this may take a while.

You can also choose to hold off until we review the pledges and implement a better system if you like.