Forums » The Keeper's Vault

Khäga Sands Update on The Keepers Vault

• 175 posts
    February 23, 2015 9:33 AM PST

Hey everyone,

A quick note to let you know The Keeper's Vault has been updated with a new section called 'Game World'. We just uploaded the description for Khäga Sands, the desert area we highlighted in the recent update video. More to come soon!

Pantheon Lore

The Keeper's Vault was discontinued and all Lore was merged into this website.

This post was edited by Kilsin at November 10, 2016 3:37 PM PST
    • 700 posts
    February 23, 2015 9:40 AM PST

Thank you..!!

• 172 posts
    February 23, 2015 12:47 PM PST

Very interesting! Khaga is the desert right above the Whispering lands which I assume the throat is the entrance too. This also gives us an idea of where the ogre's starting land is 'The Broken Maw" which would coincide with the little crown on the atlas. This does make me wonder as to what the cultural tendencies on this continent will be. Maybe and Egytian northeast Africa sort of feel? It is exciting no matter what.

Thanks Joppa!

• 80 posts
    February 23, 2015 1:31 PM PST

Ogres hate someone.  Oh hell yeah. 

Im trying not to get overhyped, but damn last update + finishing the lore on the website.  My man .... that final letter with the Journey of Narian..... holy - that was, I mean - VERY WELL written.  Kept me engaged the entire time.  It would make a good book in itself.  Reminded me of the detail when I read the Mistborn series.

Ill make sure to complain about something later to even it out.  Keep it going.

This post was edited by Fingurs at February 23, 2015 1:31 PM PST
    • 175 posts
    February 23, 2015 1:42 PM PST
    Fingurs said:

Ogres hate someone.  Oh hell yeah. 

Im trying not to get overhyped, but damn last update + finishing the lore on the website.  My man .... that final letter with the Journey of Narian..... holy - that was, I mean - VERY WELL written.  Kept me engaged the entire time.  It would make a good book in itself.  Reminded me of the detail when I read the Mistborn series.

Ill make sure to complain about something later to even it out.  Keep it going.

Love the feedback guys! Fingurs, those letters were written by our Lore Master Justin (Istuulamae). He's an incredible writer and is an indispensable part of bringing Terminus to life! 

• 241 posts
    February 23, 2015 5:31 PM PST
    Thank you all for the positive feedback, & most importantly interest in our world!
    • 65 posts
    February 23, 2015 8:15 PM PST

This is all really too much to handle for just this update. Fantastic work!

Note that the link for me is parsed oddly, leading to a 404 error.

EDIT: 

Probably belongs in a dwarf thread, but there's a problem with TKV's "Dwarves" page.

"These three were endowed with neutrality and upheld the Edict of Balance, which forbid any contest within the Pantheon"

where "forbid" should have an "-s" inflection ([he/she/it] forbids) or change its tense to reflect that of an event that happened in the past (e.g. "forbade"), though I don't like that as much as it doesn't fit well with the following clause.

This post was edited by Vortikai at February 23, 2015 8:36 PM PST
    • 175 posts
    February 25, 2015 10:35 AM PST
    Vortikai said:

This is all really too much to handle for just this update. Fantastic work!

Note that the link for me is parsed oddly, leading to a 404 error.

EDIT: 

Probably belongs in a dwarf thread, but there's a problem with TKV's "Dwarves" page.

"These three were endowed with neutrality and upheld the Edict of Balance, which forbid any contest within the Pantheon"

where "forbid" should have an "-s" inflection ([he/she/it] forbids) or change its tense to reflect that of an event that happened in the past (e.g. "forbade"), though I don't like that as much as it doesn't fit well with the following clause.

Thanks Vortikai, nice catch - fixed!

• 614 posts
    February 25, 2015 1:06 PM PST

Awesome stuff.  This is a really exciting time in the development cycle, as we can begin to piece together the tidbits to create a larger understanding of the game and Terminus as a whole.  I really appreciate the work that's coming through and also your willingness to keep us all involved.  Combine all this with Monty's streams and wow, you guys are breaking the mold!

• 4 posts
    November 4, 2015 2:55 PM PST

I get "The Website is Expired" error..

• 7575 posts
    November 4, 2015 3:44 PM PST

xxbelocxx said:

I get "The Website is Expired" error..

We have it integrated into the new website Beloc, if you click the link above that say Lore you can find all of the information that we used to have on the Keeper's Vault.

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/#section1

• 57 posts
    November 25, 2015 8:22 PM PST

I agree that the final letter of the Dragon Accord is very well written.

I could feel the cold in the Tundra, terror in the cave when the dragon, curled his tail around himself and lowered to eye level with Narian, and the rage when the Dragon made them flee.

And throught it all, the will for it not to be the end of their search for knowledge.

Bravo.

• 25 posts
    November 10, 2016 1:25 PM PST

The link in the OP is not pointing to the new location.

• 7575 posts
    November 10, 2016 3:37 PM PST

spedunkle said:

Fixed :)

• 25 posts
    November 10, 2016 8:35 PM PST

Kilsin said:

spedunkle said:

Thank you :) It's one of the first on Google so I thought it was worth necroing.

• 7575 posts
    November 10, 2016 9:32 PM PST

spedunkle said:

Kilsin said:

spedunkle said:

Thank you :) It's one of the first on Google so I thought it was worth necroing.

You're very welcome, definitely worth fixing, I had replied to a post with the correct link but forgot to change the OP so thank you for drawing my attention to it :)

• 29 posts
    November 11, 2016 4:17 AM PST

Feeling stupid right now, all the links just lead to the "The Story" and "The World"-Part of the Homepage. Both buttons don't have anything about Khäga Sands in it. Can i have a deep link?

• 241 posts
    November 11, 2016 12:53 PM PST

To my knowledge we don't actually have the Khaga Sands post still active. It was on the Keeper's Vault, but that has been shuttered for the time being.

Let me see what I can do ;)

• 241 posts
    November 11, 2016 12:59 PM PST

Fortunately I have my old copy saved.

Khäga Sands

Khäga Sands is a sprawling desert region, located below The Broken Maw and ending in a rim of cliffs to the south. With more mesa bluffs than drifting dunes, Khäga’s topography is captivating and harsh. Bordered on each side by seas, it harbors no man-made ports - rather, none that remain in use. A few rains blow in from the west coast, but most of the storms stay just off shore, as if held away. On the eastern cliffs however, there dwells a constant sandstorm, though it rages not by nature’s force.

Sojourners into Khäga Sands can expect to encounter the tightly-woven community of Mesa Orphans. These resourceful masters of desert life were chased out of their home lands centuries ago, yet have kept their jovial but discerning ways intact. In the majestic coves that soar above the sands, they’ve rooted and bloomed. Their rivalry with the Ogres of Broken Maw is old and violent. Wayward members of the northern clans are typically attacked on sight when venturing close to the Mesa, with their head carried off as a trophy. Otherwise, the Orphans are quite hospitable and their oasis is a jewel in the land.

The open landscape is vast and dry, but sometimes deceptively serene. Yet, as the ill-fated Nhireans learned, it is no place for leisure. Beware the flying adders that sleep beneath the multi-colored streams of sand - their numbers never seem to diminish for long. Their searing venom is deadly, but it is a pale wound against the backdrop of a new evil who prowls the Sands with vengeful intent. However, the howls of his sand-bound army fall silent at the door to a land beyond the desert The Orphans call this passage "the Throat", for it whispers without a face, with a voice that knows those it has never met.

Yes, it is said that one is never destined for Khäga, but is ever passing through. And while there are endless tales, tombs and treasures hidden in the drifts, it is perhaps best to heed that old advice and not let yourself linger.

• 7575 posts
    November 11, 2016 4:08 PM PST

Istuulamae said:

Fortunately I have my old copy saved.

Khäga Sands

Khäga Sands is a sprawling desert region, located below The Broken Maw and ending in a rim of cliffs to the south. With more mesa bluffs than drifting dunes, Khäga’s topography is captivating and harsh. Bordered on each side by seas, it harbors no man-made ports - rather, none that remain in use. A few rains blow in from the west coast, but most of the storms stay just off shore, as if held away. On the eastern cliffs however, there dwells a constant sandstorm, though it rages not by nature’s force.

Sojourners into Khäga Sands can expect to encounter the tightly-woven community of Mesa Orphans. These resourceful masters of desert life were chased out of their home lands centuries ago, yet have kept their jovial but discerning ways intact. In the majestic coves that soar above the sands, they’ve rooted and bloomed. Their rivalry with the Ogres of Broken Maw is old and violent. Wayward members of the northern clans are typically attacked on sight when venturing close to the Mesa, with their head carried off as a trophy. Otherwise, the Orphans are quite hospitable and their oasis is a jewel in the land.

The open landscape is vast and dry, but sometimes deceptively serene. Yet, as the ill-fated Nhireans learned, it is no place for leisure. Beware the flying adders that sleep beneath the multi-colored streams of sand - their numbers never seem to diminish for long. Their searing venom is deadly, but it is a pale wound against the backdrop of a new evil who prowls the Sands with vengeful intent. However, the howls of his sand-bound army fall silent at the door to a land beyond the desert The Orphans call this passage "the Throat", for it whispers without a face, with a voice that knows those it has never met.

Yes, it is said that one is never destined for Khäga, but is ever passing through. And while there are endless tales, tombs and treasures hidden in the drifts, it is perhaps best to heed that old advice and not let yourself linger.

Thank you, Justin! :)

• 143 posts
    February 23, 2017 9:41 PM PST

I'm curious, are there any plans to host this stuff together somewhere?  I'm trying to go back and read all the lore again, but many things I remember reading in the past seem to be...missing.  The lore/world pages are there, but don't include a lot other than the letters and the brief history of the ages.

And I'm still wondering if there will be a map that includes the third contintent.  I want to know which way to go to find Dwarves and Gnomes!  :)

• 2705 posts
    February 24, 2017 3:08 AM PST

If I remember correctly, some of the lore got scrapped or archived. With the world constantly in development, sometimes they have to take stuff out and make some changes to keep their vision moving forward.

In regards to the missing home cities, from Kilsin a couple weeks ago: "once we implement a few more zones, we will release an updated atlas (not map and there is a difference lol)"

This post was edited by Bazgrim at February 24, 2017 3:10 AM PST
    • 1845 posts
    March 10, 2017 5:48 PM PST

Well, I'm pretty sure we're gonna have several new zones revealed in the next stream and that isn't too far off from now.  Maybe we'll get lucky and the new atlas will be released at the same time.

• 346 posts
    July 25, 2017 12:41 PM PDT

Bazgrim said:

If I remember correctly, some of the lore got scrapped or archived. With the world constantly in development, sometimes they have to take stuff out and make some changes to keep their vision moving forward.

In regards to the missing home cities, from Kilsin a couple weeks ago: "once we implement a few more zones, we will release an updated atlas (not map and there is a difference lol)"

Soon, yes?

• 845 posts
    October 30, 2017 12:13 PM PDT

Booo! I like the keepings....it was great reading and differnt.

I blame Kilin for the atrocity /snicker

Ox