Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Teamspeak

• 88 posts
    February 15, 2015 2:57 PM PST

Is there a teamspeak many of us frequent? I don't have a core group of friends i associate with in online gaming anymore.

• 34 posts
    February 15, 2015 8:37 PM PST
    Not that I know of, think most people are just doing there thing but it would be nice once we get to the alpha stage to have a TS server for testers to hang out in together.
    • 25 posts
    February 16, 2015 7:21 AM PST

agrees

• 25 posts
    February 16, 2015 7:21 AM PST

mumble is better though

• 30 posts
    February 16, 2015 9:16 AM PST

It'd be awesome if someone does set something up for pre-alpha - I've drifted away from my previous Vanguard guild, they're off playing other F2P crap just to fill up the time and I'm not into that. So be good to have people to talk to while we're playing^Wreporting bugs. :D

This post was edited by Caesium at February 26, 2015 12:59 PM PST
    • 208 posts
    February 16, 2015 5:17 PM PST

There used to be a Teamspeak server for Pantheon but people slowed down and finally stopped frequenting it after the first team split.  It has been put on hold until things get progressing again to a point that it was needed, at least that s what was said back in the late summer..

• VR Staff
    • 102 posts
    February 16, 2015 5:35 PM PST
    @Sogotp is correct. We used to have one that was used for a period of time after the first team but few people used it and then TS began having issues with ddos attacks. It was decided then it wasn't being used enough to keep it up and we didn't/don't have the manpower to dedicate a forum mod to it. Hopefully that's something that we can revisit when the time's right.
    • 88 posts
    February 16, 2015 8:44 PM PST
    BlueEyedGator said:
    @Sogotp is correct. We used to have one that was used for a period of time after the first team but few people used it and then TS began having issues with ddos attacks. It was decided then it wasn't being used enough to keep it up and we didn't/don't have the manpower to dedicate a forum mod to it. Hopefully that's something that we can revisit when the time's right.

Well, I can't solve the population or DDOS problems. But, I can say that you don't need a moderator for Teamspeak. Should reopen it. *nudge nudge*. :P

• VR Staff
    • 102 posts
    February 17, 2015 6:22 AM PST
    I've brought it back up to the team to see if it's even an option. We will let you guys know :)
    • 595 posts
    February 17, 2015 9:22 AM PST

Yea, I likely won't be visiting a Teamspeak channel at this point, but I would certainly be interested once we get to the alpha stage and we have something to get to work on.  At that point verbal communication will become much more important and I would be all for it.  As much as I like engaging in discussion with you guys, the more passive approach of the forums are fine for me until I'm actually dedicating time to testing the alpha.  But that in no way means I will try to keep you guys from chatting in the meantime, so if the team thinks that there are enough of us that will use the channel in a respectful manner then I'm all for it.

• VR Staff
    • 102 posts
    February 17, 2015 4:06 PM PST
    As I mentioned, I brought the issue up but we don't foresee opening another "official" TS channel anytime soon, if at all. Regardless of any past issues, if it was an official channel, it would indeed need to be monitored and moderated. All it would take is one escalated disagreement between community members to cause serious damage to what we've all (as a team and community) worked very hard over the last months to repair. With that said, you guys are certainly welcome to start something yourselves in an unofficial capacity. Thanks :)
    • 201 posts
    February 26, 2015 12:18 PM PST

I'd be willing to open my doors for a Unofficial TS if people need a place to hang out for Pantheon or even a place to hangout and play Vanguard or other games.  We use TS currently for our community and have opened our doors for past betas as well (see the link from TESO's Beta).

http://www.tesof.com/topic-public-beta-teamspeak-for-all-beta-players

If there is any interest let me know.

• 3016 posts
    February 26, 2015 1:01 PM PST
    Rivacom said:

I'd be willing to open my doors for a Unofficial TS if people need a place to hang out for Pantheon or even a place to hangout and play Vanguard or other games.  We use TS currently for our community and have opened our doors for past betas as well (see the link from TESO's Beta).

http://www.tesof.com/topic-public-beta-teamspeak-for-all-beta-players

If there is any interest let me know.

Sounds good Rivacom :)

• 133 posts
    February 27, 2015 2:40 PM PST

I have a server for teamspeak 50 user.

I can create a channel for pantheon with a password for just us?