Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Ancient Port Warehouse

• 144 posts
    January 14, 2015 3:02 PM PST

Ok as the name says.  This is a post about the single best dungeon ever in any game IMO.

Lets compare APW to Pantheon dungeons,

Apw had several wings,  and then Kota at the end was an epic dungeon.  Each part of the progression from the entrance to completion was done so well.  You had to complete one multiple times to aquire the gear set needed to go on.  I could go on about this dungeon all day long and the hundreds of hours I spent in there.

My question is this.  Will Pantheon have anything even close to or similar to APW?  Will it have shards like APW did?  Will it have a city with in the dungeon like APW?  Most of all will the mobs be contested like APW was on release?

~Chaam

• VR Staff
    • 587 posts
    January 14, 2015 4:00 PM PST
    Chaam said:

Ok as the name says.  This is a post about the single best dungeon ever in any game IMO.

Apw had several wings,  and then Kota at the end was an epic dungeon.  Each part of the progression from the entrance to completion was done so well.  You had to complete one multiple times to aquire the gear set needed to go on.  I could go on about this dungeon all day long and the hundreds of hours I spent in there.

My question is this.  Will Pantheon have anything even close to or similar to APW?  Will it have shards like APW did?  Will it have a city with in the dungeon like APW?  Most of all will the mobs be contested like APW was on release?

~Chaam

That's certain the goal, to have dungeons like that.  How many, exactly how large, etc., well, it's still pretty early to commit.  

• 378 posts
    January 14, 2015 4:04 PM PST

So many fond and not so fond memories of APW 

• 311 posts
    January 14, 2015 5:55 PM PST

ScreenShot_0002

ScreenShot_0002

Yes Apw ruled. I miss figuring out the mobs with Ordos and mowing through them with Trinity. Course it was my first and had to wait over a year for apw so I will always love VG.

This post was edited by Kazingathi at January 16, 2015 5:33 AM PST
    • 311 posts
    January 14, 2015 6:02 PM PST

LOl I'm still figuring out how to do stuff messed up first pic so ignore empty spot.

• 453 posts
    January 15, 2015 1:36 AM PST

VG had lots of dungeons I loved, but APW may have been my favorite as well. EQ also had ones I loved like Old Seb, Velks, Guuk and many others. I liked how in dungeons like Seb there were so many unexpected things like underwater tunnels that led to other hidden areas as well as false walls in little rooms that led to even more hidden areas. 

• January 15, 2015 7:22 AM PST
    Chaam said:

~Chaam

Dungeons such as APW and EQ's Sebilis could be setup to facilitate the 'keep the old areas buzzing with life' idea.  The entrance to the dungeon (and it might even be outside in the open) could be newb mob city,  then a little further into the ruins/tunnels/zone it gets a little tougher, and another area opens up which is even tougher, etc...  Area A is approx. for 5 to 10,  B aprox. for 15 to 20, C is for 25 to 35, and so on.   This way,  there is reason for players to move on to another zone for some adventure before returning and pushing through another part of this particular dungeon.  The break in levels would hopefully control overcrowding,  encourage exploration elsewhere, and yet bring advanced adventurers back to the home-land for a while.  Newbies would see high levels and their gear and possibly receive blessings from them.

Zone lines could be setup to keep level 5's from making it too far into the dungeon (because appropriate level groups have it fairly cleared up) and then getting smacked into oblivion by a roaming mob.  Or, it could be wide open except for parts like Chaam mentioned.