Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

PC Building for Pantheon

• 201 posts
    January 8, 2024 9:17 AM PST

Anyone going to build a new PC for Pantheon?  Or is in the process of doing so?  What did you end up putting in? Anyone running thread Rippers and 4090's?

I've built 5 PCs for the household using a tight budget and diving on good sales.  But I should hopefully be good for myself (8600k with 3070).  I also tried Pantheon on my steamdeck, worked well for the most part but i'm interested in seeing how well it can run once more of the video settings work.

• 4 posts
    February 6, 2024 9:13 PM PST

Good to know it works on Steamdeck, I can play on the go now :) But yes, I need to build another PC myself seeing how the fans are running ins super turbo mode when I play lol 

• 513 posts
    February 6, 2024 9:27 PM PST

All I know is that I ran a test of my own - and was amazed to find that the alpha ran pretty well on my wife's 2013 Inspirion All-in-One. I was expecting a screaming heap of plastic and bits exploding into oblivion upon start-up and was utterly amazed at just how well it ran.  I am sure that this does not mean that this title will actually support such an archaic pile - but this should be a very strong indication of the level of support that it will have. 

• 1 posts
    February 8, 2024 3:33 AM PST
    Ahh I need to try in the steam deck.
    • 116 posts
    February 9, 2024 9:56 PM PST

I find that if you buy a decent machine and not some celeron / gimped processor type of rig, they generally last quite a long time.  Alot better than they used to.  I remember back in the days of EQ1 it was pretty standard to do a full upgrade every time a new game came out / every 2 or 3 years just to be able to play anything.  Glad those days are over.

I've had my PC now for 10 years and it plays just about anything decently well.  Sure I don't get to play with all the settings cranked to the hilt, but I find I can make most games look acceptable.

That said, I'm feeling it's time.  I was planning to buy a Gigabyte B760M C board so I could get to DDR5 / LGA 1700 processors.  I'll put in the least expensive LGA 1700, so probably a 12th generation i9 processor with 32GB of DDR5.  The rest of my stuff should come over fine, mine water cooler is compatible with an adapter, the case I still love, and my video card I didn't upgrade too long ago, so still rocking a Nvidia 3060, which I think still has some life in it.  Same with my NVME cards and power supply.

This post was edited by Mornroc at February 9, 2024 9:57 PM PST