Forums » News and Announcements

Website Updated with New Screenshots

• VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    October 31, 2023 10:01 AM PDT

Thanks to our amazing pre-alpha testers, we have added some new screenshots to the Pantheonmmo.com home page and media page. This includes some spooky shots of skeletons and the ruins, just in time for Halloween.

Check them out on the website and Happy Halloween from Pantheon!

• 79 posts
    October 31, 2023 10:15 AM PDT

"The Pantheon community glowers at you dubiously."

• 167 posts
    October 31, 2023 11:13 AM PDT
    I'm liking those night time screen shots. Especially that night sky one.

Can't wait to get SOMETHING installed on my computer so I can at least get in and take a real look, for myself.

A picture might be worth 1000 words, but logging into something was worth 350USD to me.
    This post was edited by Prevenge at October 31, 2023 11:14 AM PDT
    • 44 posts
    October 31, 2023 10:42 PM PDT

Maybe its just because its Halloween... but these kind of seem like a response to the criticism of the art style change. That said... these were needed! The Hand-Painted style can indeed be dark and gritty. People calling it Cartoony are idiots, just wanting to bash something and complain for attention until they get their way. Such is the modern world...

I like showcasing the use of fog and different lighting. Those saying that the previous screenshots looked like a mobile game were not completely baseless. Mobile games that use the hand-painted style tend to look cheap due to sacrificing game objects and texture amounts due to resource limitations. Fog and non-static lighting do help fill out scenes more. I hope to see this dialed up more in the future as you figure out what you can get away with in Unity.

• 20 posts
    November 1, 2023 1:22 AM PDT
    Halloween is a good theme for Pantheon, because it's an undead game, who said "money, give me your money" ... coolcoolcool
    • 3852 posts
    November 1, 2023 7:21 AM PDT
    I hope despite all the recent developments you have a lot more than a skeleton crew working on things.
    • VR Staff
    • 529 posts
    November 1, 2023 7:49 AM PDT

DarkAkuma said:

Maybe its just because its Halloween... but these kind of seem like a response to the criticism of the art style change. That said... these were needed! The Hand-Painted style can indeed be dark and gritty. People calling it Cartoony are idiots, just wanting to bash something and complain for attention until they get their way. Such is the modern world...

I like showcasing the use of fog and different lighting. Those saying that the previous screenshots looked like a mobile game were not completely baseless. Mobile games that use the hand-painted style tend to look cheap due to sacrificing game objects and texture amounts due to resource limitations. Fog and non-static lighting do help fill out scenes more. I hope to see this dialed up more in the future as you figure out what you can get away with in Unity.

Our first round of screenshots were daytime and bright, we want to show the night and the gloom. Halloween is just an excellent excuse. :)

• 2 posts
    November 6, 2023 1:29 PM PST

Looking good! I think the daytime ambience should still overall look darker/have more contrast. I think more striking shadows would help set the art style look less 'mobile'-y if that makes sense.

• 52 posts
    November 7, 2023 7:17 AM PST
    Meh.
    • 40 posts
    November 8, 2023 12:07 PM PST

The problem isn't the day or night. 

It's the fact that it looks unrealistic, exaggerated in terms of textures, proportions and coloring. Imagine if Bloodborne were done in the art style of Kingdom Hearts.

I've been a lurker for a long time and a 300 dollar supporter. Patiently waiting, for what? for this?