Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

New Graphics Potential for Mobile Pantheon?

• September 25, 2023 11:04 AM PDT

As with many long-term supporters, I am still processing my thoughts on the new graphics.  I have spent the past 9+ years building a vision of Pantheon in my mind and while that vision is being forced to change, I don't necessarily think change is a bad thing.  In the end I want Pantheon to release and I support decisions the team makes that will get us closer to that point.  Plus, to be honest they kinda remind me of EQ1 graphics which brings back some nestalgia. 

To my question!  With Unity's strengths being mobile platform support and the recenty decision to go with simplified graphics, has the team given further consideration to releasing on mobile platforms along side desktop?

• 226 posts
    September 25, 2023 11:51 AM PDT

I'm pretty sure there is no mobile version happening. However, if there is, I may delete my account and refuse to install the game that I have already paid for. LOL. Last thing we need is bunch of 9 year old's playing this game on their phones while at recess during school!

This post was edited by Sweety at September 25, 2023 11:52 AM PDT
    • 1279 posts
    September 25, 2023 12:43 PM PDT

What about 9 year olds playing it between dinner and bed time?  Seems fine to me.  

With that said, I wouldn't want a mobile version either.

• 1 posts
    September 25, 2023 12:53 PM PDT

The main problem with other MMO's is the demographic that's drawn to them. 

• 2419 posts
    September 25, 2023 12:56 PM PDT

Sweety said:

I'm pretty sure there is no mobile version happening. However, if there is, I may delete my account and refuse to install the game that I have already paid for. LOL. Last thing we need is bunch of 9 year old's playing this game on their phones while at recess during school!

At this point you cannot say definitively that it won't actually come to pass.

• 31 posts
    September 25, 2023 3:38 PM PDT

DynamiteFizzlebum said:

As with many long-term supporters, I am still processing my thoughts on the new graphics.  I have spent the past 9+ years building a vision of Pantheon in my mind and while that vision is being forced to change, I don't necessarily think change is a bad thing.  In the end I want Pantheon to release and I support decisions the team makes that will get us closer to that point.  Plus, to be honest they kinda remind me of EQ1 graphics which brings back some nestalgia. 

To my question!  With Unity's strengths being mobile platform support and the recenty decision to go with simplified graphics, has the team given further consideration to releasing on mobile platforms along side desktop?

They are using HDRP, which doesn't run on mobile at all. They would have to change render pipelines, that will probably never happen.

• 3852 posts
    September 25, 2023 6:53 PM PDT

Games designed for mobile platforms tend to look like childish cartoon versions of .....oops maybe I shouldn't go there. 

They do tend to have much more limited sets of options and less control and flexibility than games designed for the computer. The demographic is younger - very much so. The maturity level is oten terrible even if they are very *mature* 10-year olds.

• 167 posts
    September 25, 2023 7:55 PM PDT

Did no one seriously realize that this thread is just a thinly veiled super passive aggressive beta males way of insulting VR?  

• 3852 posts
    September 26, 2023 8:53 AM PDT

Prevenge - even if you are right, which is clearly not the case here, let's try and keep things polite.

• 96 posts
    September 26, 2023 5:46 PM PDT

benty said:

They are using HDRP, which doesn't run on mobile at all. They would have to change render pipelines, that will probably never happen.

Is HDRP even valid anymore with the new painted style? It just doesn't appear very high definition to me. More like water colors and no textures at all.

• 125 posts
    September 27, 2023 5:37 AM PDT

If mobile is even remotely considered for gameplay that is me out and I expect it would be the case for most of the original backers. Having an app where you can do simple things such as chat and look at your bank/inventory etc is fine but to play the entire game would be a disaster. 

• 77 posts
    September 27, 2023 2:37 PM PDT

my gut feeling says they aren't going the mobile route.  They have never shown any interest in that and I don't think an art change would have been needed to complete a mobile version. 

I'm pretty sure it was always planned to have a different style than the unity assets, but I wonder if this style was the original plan.  *shrug*