Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Guild Finder Tool

• 37 posts
    July 11, 2023 11:21 AM PDT

Curious to know if there's an interest in having a guild finder tool that would have toggles to help individuals find a good fit. Toggles like dungeons, crafting, raiding, roleplay, being naughty, etc...

Could guilds also have it set up to put minimum requirements or currently looking for specific crafter, classes, tmz, etc...

I find a good guild finding tool often alleviates some of the pressure to forming groups and guilds find new recruits.

I didn't see this as a topic after an honestly short search

This post was edited by redman323 at July 11, 2023 2:12 PM PDT
    • 1279 posts
    July 13, 2023 4:52 PM PDT

I'd support the idea of an in-game bulletin board (of sorts) for guilds to advertise on, and for players to go look at.  I think it would be cool if it was in town somewhere, not just something you could access from anywhere in the world.  

• 3852 posts
    July 14, 2023 6:58 AM PDT

Given the emphasis on social interaction I would be very surprised and just as disappointed if there was not a guildfinder type mechanism. Ideally available anywhere (sorry, Ranarius) just as a groupfinder tool will presumably be.

Such a tool would quite likely let players see a list of guilds (perhaps with guilds being allowed to opt out or opt in) with information such as size, most active time zones, primary guild interests (roleplaying, questing, dungeons, raids, crafting and the like), desired classes, whether actively recruiting, etc.

It might list guild recruiters and allow a player to click their names to send them an "I am interested, please contact me" message. 

It would not, I hope, allow anyone to join a guild without getting a personal invitation from a guild officer or recruiter.

This post was edited by dorotea at July 14, 2023 6:59 AM PDT
    • 37 posts
    July 14, 2023 8:45 AM PDT

I like the concept of using a message board system but dislike the extra effort it places on guild leaders to go to them to post or make changes. They often have many things on the go or could have prepped to be in a certain area for a week. Message board system would take even more play time away from those who volunteer extra already.

An auto join guild could have its uses when running open raids, or just random chat guilds. I think it has a place

I wonder if Ben Dean has this on his radar to go beyond just a party finder. Maybe he's doing one that will do both.

• 14 posts
    July 16, 2023 9:26 AM PDT

Ranarius said:

I'd support the idea of an in-game bulletin board (of sorts) for guilds to advertise on, and for players to go look at.  I think it would be cool if it was in town somewhere, not just something you could access from anywhere in the world.  

Was going to suggest the same thing.  Major towns or villages having a board you can examine to find a list of availble guilds would be great.  Could cut down on Guild spam in chat too, lol.

• 14 posts
    July 16, 2023 9:29 AM PDT

redman323 said:

I like the concept of using a message board system but dislike the extra effort it places on guild leaders to go to them to post or make changes. They often have many things on the go or could have prepped to be in a certain area for a week. Message board system would take even more play time away from those who volunteer extra already.

An auto join guild could have its uses when running open raids, or just random chat guilds. I think it has a place

I wonder if Ben Dean has this on his radar to go beyond just a party finder. Maybe he's doing one that will do both.

They could incorporate an auto post to message board option in the guild management page.  The system in EQ2 is pretty good and does not require a whole lot of time to manage.

• 41 posts
    July 16, 2023 4:03 PM PDT

Filters and searches are great tools and I am all for them. If it slows down the game getting to Alpha, Beta, or launch, then I think VR should hold off until later. I would prefer they make these types of things part of a game update in the future in that case.

• 33 posts
    August 17, 2023 4:56 PM PDT

Ranarius said:

That's a great ******* idea, I would love this. 

This post was edited by BOGUSBOOTY at August 17, 2023 4:56 PM PDT
    • 86 posts
    August 18, 2023 3:46 PM PDT

I am 1000000% on board with a Guild finder tool, that isn't game changing or taking away from my immervefulness(not a word) at all. A guild finder is a helpful and useless feature. 

I do not want to give an inch and have them take a mile and introduce a group finder, that is something entirely upon the player. The group finder completely takes away the whole point of playing an MMO, next thing you know you're sitting in a big city que up for a instance. You can call it QOL I call it BS! no group finder, but Guild finder is perfectly OK.