Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Just checking in YEARS later

• 6 posts
    January 27, 2023 4:31 PM PST

Any word on what the status of the game is? All i see it no eta on alpha or beta under faq's. I pledged a knights pledge at least 5 years ago. It's still in pre alpha?

• 54 posts
    January 27, 2023 6:02 PM PST

The game is still in pre-alpha.  No dates set for alpha, beta or release.  There have been a lot of recent videos about what's going on.  Check the News and Announcements section for links.

Here is a recent pre-alpha stream by Cohh Carnage.

Cohh Stream Video is Live - Pantheon Forums (pantheonmmo.com)

• 1404 posts
    January 27, 2023 7:55 PM PST

Stabbz said:

Any word on what the status of the game is? All i see it no eta on alpha or beta under faq's. I pledged a knights pledge at least 5 years ago. It's still in pre alpha?

VR has been quite regular for some time now with status report. Check out the Roadmap to Alpha in the Producers Letter in the monthly newsletter here

https://www.pantheonmmo.com/news/januarys-newsletter-celebrates-art-and-lore/

• 6 posts
    February 15, 2023 6:31 PM PST
    Just tried the link....ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND!
    The page you trying to reach does not exist, or has been moved. Please use the menus or the search box to find what you are looking for.
    • 1404 posts
    February 16, 2023 9:29 AM PST

Stabbz said: Just tried the link....ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND! The page you trying to reach does not exist, or has been moved. Please use the menus or the search box to find what you are looking for.

hmmm, works for me. no matter another way of getting there..

site has two menus (that makes it confusing) right now your in the forums and will get forum menu, that won't work.

Top of the page is the Pantheon logo, click that and get to the main site then the menu button will get you a different menu, on that menu is NEWS, yo can find the monthly updates there.

• 41 posts
    February 16, 2023 10:56 AM PST

I would head to https://www.libraryofpantheon.com/alpha-tracker to get an idea of where they're at in development and what the goals look like to reach alpha readiness. The Library of Pantheon is an all around great resource to answer all your Pantheon related questions. I would also join the official Pantheon Discord channel for up-to-date info where you'll see lots of questions answered.

PantheonPlus is a great fan made community to discuss all things Pantheon related. I'd recommend checking out their Youtube and Twitch channels.

https://www.youtube.com/@PantheonPlus

https://www.twitch.tv/pantheonplus

This post was edited by Duderino at February 16, 2023 10:56 AM PST
    • 72 posts
    July 31, 2023 5:43 PM PDT

I was just talking with a good friend about the pledges we made back in 2014.  Hard to beleive it's been nearly nearly a decade since the development phase started.

• 1 posts
    August 26, 2023 4:17 AM PDT

I think the sad reality is, that even if Pantheon is a great MMO experience, by the time its fully released it's likely to be competing with the MMO communities attention and time investment for other titles like Pax Dei, The Quinfall, Chrono Odyssey, Ashes of Creation and more.....

They really need to speed up development and get this game released ASAP......

• 3852 posts
    August 26, 2023 6:10 AM PDT

Much as I agree that sooner is better - assuming sufficient quantity and quality to be successful - I do not find this particular argument persuasive. There will *always* be other MMOs that are competitive. The need is to be better, even more than to be faster.

But if it takes *too* long - a highly amorphous concept - most of us will lose interest or die and the basic game engine will be so outdated that the game will release looking highly retro - not necessarily what VR wants.

• 6 posts
    August 28, 2023 12:32 PM PDT

YEGx said:

I think the sad reality is, that even if Pantheon is a great MMO experience, by the time its fully released it's likely to be competing with the MMO communities attention and time investment for other titles like Pax Dei, The Quinfall, Chrono Odyssey, Ashes of Creation and more.....

They really need to speed up development and get this game released ASAP......

I totllay agree. Taking way too long. The excitement is definately gone. 

• 2419 posts
    August 28, 2023 3:01 PM PDT

dorotea said:

Much as I agree that sooner is better - assuming sufficient quantity and quality to be successful - I do not find this particular argument persuasive. There will *always* be other MMOs that are competitive. The need is to be better, even more than to be faster.

But if it takes *too* long - a highly amorphous concept - most of us will lose interest or die and the basic game engine will be so outdated that the game will release looking highly retro - not necessarily what VR wants.

That is always a risk, yes. We can only hope that as some people who have been here for years and then drop out/off will be replaced by new people as VR's marketing puts out new stuff as development progresses.

• 17 posts
    September 5, 2023 4:11 AM PDT

Yeah, we have had so many changes and lost main developers. It would be nice to be offered a refund for people who have waited over 6 years with no return.  It's not like you've given me anything you can take back. At this point, you have almost taken back the whole game promised.  Could we at least get a heartfelt moment from VR that expresses your thoughts and feelings instead of shaming and blocking the people who backed you from nothing except fans yourself?

• 1279 posts
    September 5, 2023 9:55 AM PDT

corechamber said: Could we at least get a heartfelt moment from VR that expresses your thoughts and feelings instead of shaming and blocking the people who backed you from nothing except fans yourself?

I may be misunderstanding the statement.  Are you claiming that VR is shaming and blocking people who pledged to their project?  If so, please send me evidence and I'll make sure it gets looked into.  
    (it takes a LOT to get blocked by VR, many many warnings, you basically have to want to get blocked for it to happen...or be a bot)

• 2419 posts
    September 5, 2023 11:11 AM PDT

Ranarius said:

(it takes a LOT to get blocked by VR, many many warnings, you basically have to want to get blocked for it to happen...or be a bot)

I'm living proof of that.  :)

• 17 posts
    September 5, 2023 11:36 AM PDT
    Well I’m for sure blocked on Twitter, I’ve complained, we will see. @corechamber
    • 17 posts
    September 6, 2023 1:20 PM PDT

Its best I be done for a bit.

"

Hello Joshua,

I reached out to the social media team and was told you were blocked due to name calling and being argumentative in several posts made. Our social media channels are an extension of our marketing team. As such, they have more stringent standards to what it is allowed to stay on their posts. They made the decision to block you and it will not be rescinded at this time.

You are not blocked on our official forums nor our official discord, however those also have rules for acceptable behavior.

You do have a Pathfinder pledge which entitles you to alpha testing. That and all the other rewards of your pledge will still be available to you at launch.

Thanks for contacting Pantheon Support"

• 28 posts
    September 15, 2023 12:17 PM PDT

Stabbz said:

I last checked a couple years ago. And as far as I can tell, they are nowhere near being done. And also as far as a I can tell, they've really made no progress.

Per the "road map", in 10 years, they have completed 4 of 24 items required to go alpha.

They also invented a whole new bit of BS in "pre-alpha".

Frankly, I've given up hope that this will ever see the light of day, which is sad. 

--Gray

• 16 posts
    September 18, 2023 10:47 AM PDT

gray808 said:

Stabbz said:

I last checked a couple years ago. And as far as I can tell, they are nowhere near being done. And also as far as a I can tell, they've really made no progress.

Per the "road map", in 10 years, they have completed 4 of 24 items required to go alpha.

They also invented a whole new bit of BS in "pre-alpha".

Frankly, I've given up hope that this will ever see the light of day, which is sad. 

--Gray

sad but true. im getting old man i dont know how many more decades i can wait.

atleast 10 years later im rich now and could  upgrade to "pre alpha" but i already paid for that lesson 

This post was edited by azmodeus at September 18, 2023 10:53 AM PDT