Forums » Off-Topic and Casual Chatter

Ultra Wide Monitors

• 185 posts
    January 10, 2023 2:54 PM PST

Does the game support ultra wide monitors without chopping off the edges or stretching the image to fit?

Would you actually be able to see more of the game world on such a setup?

This has been discussed in the past, but that past was 2015, and the word then was "we will try and support all popular formats but if it looks funky let us know".

Seeing as a lot has changed with how the game is run since then, is there an official word on this, or has anyone tested it on a ultra wide monitor and seen that it works?

• 2052 posts
    January 10, 2023 4:34 PM PST

There are no 'official' specs that have been released by VR yet (that I know of). However, barely 3 months ago Kilsin posted this thread asking for feedback about monitor sizes:

https://seforums.pantheonmmo.com/content/forums/topic/13996/tavern-talk-what-monitor-will-you-be-playing-pantheon-on/view/post_id/268166

4K res, multiple 2K setups, even a dual 4K setup are mentioned. I'd say it's a safe bet that VR is well aware of the range of sizes and resolutions in use by gamers today. I'd also guess that they are even more aware of the range of sizes being used by the pre Alpha testers. Given the cost of those pledges, they probably use even bigger ones :)

• 9115 posts
    January 10, 2023 6:14 PM PST

I moved this to off-topic.

• 185 posts
    January 10, 2023 9:28 PM PST

Gotcha, thank you for the link!