Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Pantheon gaining traction

• 18 posts
    December 2, 2022 4:51 PM PST
    Look who is in the top 5 and while still in pre-alpha! As CP says, “Onward and upward”!

https://mmorpg.gg/mmos-best-graphics/
    • 326 posts
    December 3, 2022 10:45 PM PST

groovy

• 9115 posts
    December 9, 2022 8:18 PM PST

Hi Mrebs, thanks for the share! I've moved this thread to General Pantheon Discussion.

The News and Announcements category is only for VR staff to post. We leave it open so you can reply to our posts but unfortunately, the way the forums are setup that means you can post threads too.

• 2 posts
    August 10, 2023 9:09 AM PDT

That's great news. Thank you so much Mrebs.
    I suggest you also check here: https://buzznor.com/.

• 2419 posts
    August 12, 2023 10:31 AM PDT

Mrebs said: Look who is in the top 5 and while still in pre-alpha! As CP says, “Onward and upward”! https://mmorpg.gg/mmos-best-graphics/

Oh..that is SOOO funny on so many levels. You'll soon learn why.

• 55 posts
    August 12, 2023 5:44 PM PDT

Shouldn't be on the list if you can't play it.

• 2419 posts
    August 12, 2023 6:40 PM PDT

gamexilor1 said:

Shouldn't be on the list if you can't play it.

RIght??!  It's also been on the 'most anticipated MMO' list for like 8 years.

• 902 posts
    August 14, 2023 1:59 AM PDT

Well you can play it in the test releases if you have the spare money. Regardless, you mean live and available to be bought. Well, whether to include Pantheon in the list is down to MMORPG, surely? 

There is no time restraint on anticipation. It can be anticipated for 8 minutes, 8 years or 8 decades (thinking about the pyramids in Egypt and the anticipation of the people building them). 

Vandraad: Oh..that is SOOO funny on so many levels. You'll soon learn why.

Why put something like this up if you cant or wont expand on it? Serves no purpose except to suggest you know something everyone else doesnt. Until VR say otherwise, I am still engage in a positive way with this project.

Grats VR.

This post was edited by chenzeme at August 14, 2023 2:01 AM PDT
    • 3852 posts
    August 14, 2023 6:50 AM PDT

Vandraad wasn't pretending to any insider information - the reference was to Pantheon's history and the length of time it has been anticipated. The point was that our anticipation doesn't really mean anything in terms of whether the game is, or is not, progressing well or getting significantly closer to launch. 

Pantheon may or may not be progressing well. Pantheon may or may not be making significant progress towards launch. But standing on lists such as this is of no particular relevance. 

• 902 posts
    August 14, 2023 10:21 AM PDT

Again, that is (in this instance) down to MMORPG and how it compiles its standings.

• 1404 posts
    August 15, 2023 6:25 AM PDT

Are you all aware this OP is over 9 months old?

Hey a dead horse! Let's all beat it.

• 252 posts
    August 16, 2023 7:55 PM PDT

Pantheon may be "gaining traction" but it doesn't feel that way to me. I haven't seen anything in a while that isn't rehashing things I've seen before. We got a brand new tool for doing terrain, 'psyche!" now we have a new tool. "We have finished all of the character models, look at them!" 'Psyche!' we have humans done, aren't you excited? "Hey let's do class showcases, this is class-x let's go" (in spongebob show voice) "Two Years Later" Hey let's showcase class-x.

I understand that a lot of the progress can't be shown and I have to admit that I stopped watching the streams (which don't appear to be happening anymore?) earlier this year. But going into 2023 I was pretty hopeful that we would see Alpha this year. Now... I'll be surprised if it is in 2024.

• 62 posts
    November 1, 2023 12:24 PM PDT

This is a front page thread still? Aged like milk lol.

• 947 posts
    November 1, 2023 1:10 PM PDT

Mandalorian2K said:

This is a front page thread still? Aged like milk lol.

Hehe... its only been 3 months since the graphics change.  Pantheon was listed as #5 best graphics in February (when the article was updated) and VR was still using the "old" graphics.

• 185 posts
    November 1, 2023 7:48 PM PDT
    But how could that be? According to many on these forums the old graphics looked so “dated”.
    The new graphics were supposed to stand the test of time?
    Btw logged on to 247 at 6:00 west coast time, 9:0 est.
    On the pve server were exactly 2 people playing.
    On the pvp server, zero.
    The new art makes it impossible to take this seriously.
    • 1921 posts
    November 2, 2023 5:42 AM PDT

lotuss79 said: ... Btw logged on to 247 at 6:00 west coast time, 9:0 est. On the pve server were exactly 2 people playing. On the pvp server, zero. The new art makes it impossible to take this seriously.

IMO:

Not at all surprising given their target demographic from Feb 2014 to October 2023. (that is, specifically not the current target demographic for 247)