Forums » General Pantheon Discussion

Refresher

• 18 posts
    November 9, 2022 3:48 PM PST

Hello everyone,

I have been away from checking any Pantheon MMO progress for years and have recently come back to get a sort of refresher on progress. It sounds like the game is still in pre-Alpha, but that things might be looking pretty good?

Did I miss any tentative Alpha+ dates by chance? I've been trying to scour the forums, but I can't sort the results by date unfortunately and I keep running into old posts.

Thanks a ton!

• 273 posts
    November 9, 2022 4:18 PM PST

You have not missed any tentative important dates.

The monthly development stream is tomorrow night (11/10), which will be focused on a year end review of the game's progress. That would be your best bet for the most up to date information on the current state of the game.

This post was edited by eunichron at November 9, 2022 4:18 PM PST
    • 2756 posts
    November 10, 2022 2:45 AM PST

The monthly emails are a good way to keep up to date without searching through forums.

• 3852 posts
    November 10, 2022 7:28 AM PST

The game is looking good. The speed of progress to alpha - maybe not so much so.

Obviously the faster we move towards release the fewer the features the game will have and the lower its quality - other things being equal. 

Release of a piece of crap next year - disaster. Release of a game with every improvement any developer could ever want - in 10 years - disaster. 

• 326 posts
    November 10, 2022 8:39 AM PST

Heya Trazick. Still more tell than show currently and several classes are MIA. Their team is expanding a bit which is great and PA has been restarted after a technical-end flurry of work. Personally, I do not see Alpha happening any sooner than Q4 2023 based on the monthly updates noted above, in addition to the other offerings during that monthly timeframe. The good news is that progress can be easily observed and the team is hard at work making a game worth playing.

This post was edited by Thunderleg at November 10, 2022 8:44 AM PST
    • 295 posts
    November 10, 2022 1:19 PM PST
    In addition to what everyone else said, I will add that I seriously doubt that something as big as an official Alpha date would require any 'searching.'

It would be stickied and on the front page and all over social media. I don't work for VR in any capacity, but I feel very confident in saying that.